It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Review (Spoilers)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Could say the same for Star Trek even...or Flash Gordon, for example, any kind of movie where the hero has an argument with his friend about how to proceed. Yes though, some of Rowling's homages are more blatant rip-offs...but one can't argue with its success.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I enjoyed the books and thought this movie was well done. They broke the story line in a good spot. As with all movies based on books they changed a few things they didn't need to or shouldn't have. Like the invisibility cloak being one of the hallows and being used quite extensively it is not used at all on the movie. Also the time spent at A Sirius's house now Harry's place should have been more developed instead of the being on the run in the wilderness so much etc. Over all though is was very good and I look forward to part two. I was disappointed in the book she killed off Dobie though I thogh he was one of the more interesting characters..

Even though these books are fiction I always see them as inspiration as to the human potential in triumphing over evil and even in developing out latent abilities in the super natural so to speak.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I just want to express one of the things I loved about the book Deathly Hallows.

It's the whole part were they're in the woods in hiding.

It's written so cleverly that as Harry and Hermione, and some parts Ron, are wondering and worrying about there famillies and friends, it also has you wondering and worrying about them too, it feels so isolated and lonely.

I hope they convey this well in the movie.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join