It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so many anti-homosexual threads?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Most Pride events raise in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to go towards charities and awareness campaigns for endeavors in places such as Uganda and Sri Lanka where homosexuality gets the death penalty. Apart from sexual apartheid and genocide around the world, the gay community also uses the parade to sponsor starving children in Third World countries.

What you call "rubbing in the face" I call "denying ignorance".

The only reason to dislike a gay pride parade is if you're too perverted to watch what it's actually about because you're too busy staring at the 80 year old, heterosexual, nudists.

To say that there is nothing left to fight for is just naive.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

you're comparing a parade of hate spewing ignoramouses with a celebration of one's sexuality?

really?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

Right, relating perpetrators of racial genocide to defenders of personal sexual orientation.

What is this, the heterosexual agenda?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
What I oppose is a radical minority of gays who claim to speak for all gays, and who try to infringe in a militant fashion into areas that are socially unacceptable.

radical minority - militant fashion

the same type individuals exist in nearly every religious, ethnic and/or secular group out there ... and they're typically realized, seen and dismissed by the majority as being just that - radical minority with a militant fashion *slash* agenda.

they may 'speak' the loudest, Individually, but that doesn't necessarily correlate to their 'voice' being 'heard' above the 'crowd'.

me?
their point, purpose and obvious 'agenda' is typically seen and dismissed as just that ... by the majority.

yet another low-hanging mouthpiece wanting a soapbox or street corner to spew forth their nonsensical diatribe.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

You couldn't have posted at an anti-homosexual thread?

All I'm reading is gibberish.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, folks. Except for 1 or 2 trolls, it's been a pretty civil discussion. It's what I was looking for.

One poster summed it up but I'd like to make it better: Keep Your Laws Out Of My Bedroom.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Pyros

you're comparing a parade of hate spewing ignoramouses with a celebration of one's sexuality?

really?

Insert whatever socially unacceptable group you want, and apply your logic. Since you seem to be focusing on the "celebration of one's sexuality", why don't you try substituting the KKK with supporters of beastiality, NAMBLA, or polygamists instead.

All I am saying is that it is one thing to provide legal rights to protected groups. It is TOTALLY another thing to have a tiny minority of people try to re-write thousands of years worth or societal norms because they see a crack of light via the legal system.

I could care less about gays being gay. Really. Just go be gay on your own time and stay out of my schools, churches, and anywhere else where my children and family members are not force-fed your agendas. I'm talking about sexual secularism. Keep it to yourself, for the love of God.....

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

What I oppose is a radical minority of gays who claim to speak for all gays, and who try to infringe in a militant fashion into areas that are socially unacceptable.

radical minority - militant fashion

the same type individuals exist in nearly every religious, ethnic and/or secular group out there ... and they're typically realized, seen and dismissed by the majority as being just that - radical minority with a militant fashion *slash* agenda.

they may 'speak' the loudest, Individually, but that doesn't necessarily correlate to their 'voice' being 'heard' above the 'crowd'.

me?
their point, purpose and obvious 'agenda' is typically seen and dismissed as just that ... by the majority.

yet another low-hanging mouthpiece wanting a soapbox or street corner to spew forth their nonsensical diatribe.

Are you referring to me, or the "militant minority"? I have been on this site longer than you, and I have yet to be referred to as a "mouthpiece".........

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

...and stay out of my schools, churches, and anywhere else where my children and family members are not force-fed your agendas.

damn. wish to dictate much?

seems to me that type mindset bares a striking resemblance to that which has been so vehemently found fault with and opposed in previous posts here. (?)

mirror. pot. kettle.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Are you referring to me, or the "militant minority"? I have been on this site longer than you, and I have yet to be referred to as a "mouthpiece".........

No. I was merely referring to those who take it upon themselves to dictate minority mindsets as though they are/were mainstream views. that's all.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

since bestiality and pedophilia is against the law, again, they can't be compared but I do find it odd that you have, thus far, tried to use hate mongers and sexual deviants as comparison points.

polygamists? sure, if they want to parade in the street, celebrate the stupidity of having more than one wife, by all means. go ahead. Anyone willing to put up with multiples of nagging and whining deserves a parade
edit on 19-11-2010 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I could care less about gays being gay. Really. Just go be gay on your own time and stay out of my schools, churches, and anywhere else where my children and family members are not force-fed your agendas. I'm talking about sexual secularism. Keep it to yourself, for the love of God.....

Nobody is force feeding you agenda

As far as I know, you are the one that controls what you listen too, not them. Its funny how those of us straight people that have no issue with it usually keep quiet on the matter, yet those people like you, who dont want to hear it, are the most vocal about speaking out against it.

So you're probably either a fundamentalist or simply a homophobe, im guessing, due to the comments you have written thus far.

But seriously, get over yourself, and spend some time on doing something you enjoy, or want to do, rather than attacking others

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

...and stay out of my schools, churches, and anywhere else where my children and family members are not force-fed your agendas.

damn. wish to dictate much?

seems to me that type mindset bares a striking resemblance to that which has been so vehemently found fault with and opposed in previous posts here. (?)

mirror. pot. kettle.

As long as I pay taxes for those schools, or tithe to those churches, then my voice will be heard. And I'm not the one trying to change things, or unhappy with the status quo. Protected groups have made tremendous and fully-warranted gains and strides in the last 20 years, but the pendulum can swing too far sometimes........

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are attempting to articulate in your second paragraph.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

why don't you try substituting the KKK with supporters of beastiality, NAMBLA, or polygamists instead.

These are all groups of people that seek to suppress the rights of other people or creatures. With the exception of polygamists, who should absolutely be allowed to have a parade -- why not?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Nobody is force feeding you agenda

As far as I know, you are the one that controls what you listen too, not them. Its funny how those of us straight people that have no issue with it usually keep quiet on the matter, yet those people like you, who dont want to hear it, are the most vocal about speaking out against it.

So you're probably either a fundamentalist or simply a homophobe, im guessing, due to the comments you have written thus far.

But seriously, get over yourself, and spend some time on doing something you enjoy, or want to do, rather than attacking others

If you actually took the time to read all of my posts, you will see that I am neither.

Where I live, gay marriage is legal, and was made legal not by a popular vote, but rather by the decision of one small group of people. That is what I call being "force fed" an agenda. And it would be no different if it were polygamy, or marrying your sister, or marrying an inanimate object.

And since I will not" keep quiet" about it, I guess you feel your warranted to engage in personal attacks or character assassination, eh? Unlike you, I have attacked nobody - I have simply stated my opinion. Shall I draw conclusions and make assumptions about you in return? No, I won't. Because it would only serve to weaken my position and make me look like an boor.

I'm perfectly fine with myself. I have nothing to "get over", thank you very much.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

As long as I pay taxes for those schools, or tithe to those churches, then my voice will be heard.

And as long as people have no choice in their sexual orientation, they will exist everywhere and ignore control freaks that try to tell them who they are and how to behave. Tolerance is as much a double-edged sword as freedom of speech. Neither of which you are capable of respecting.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

[q
Where I live, gay marriage is legal, and was made legal not by a popular vote, but rather by the decision of one small group of people. That is what I call being "force fed" an agenda. And it would be no different if it were polygamy, or marrying your sister, or marrying an inanimate object.

No thats what you call homophobia. You are afraid of homosexual people having the same rights as you. Im sorry but you are a homophobe. If you weren't then you probably wouldnt have mentioned this alleged "agenda". The fact that you needed to state this is reason enough for me to assume you hate gay people

Your ignorance is astounding

link   

Where I live, gay marriage is legal, and was made legal not by a popular vote, but rather by the decision of one small group of people. That is what I call being "force fed" an agenda.

I'm curious, how does two men, or women, being allowed to wed, impact your life?

Gay men and women deserve the right to be as miserable in marriage as us straight folk.

link   
reply to post by Pyros

On the contrary, disallowing a minority a group of privileges that are otherwise offered to the majority is force-feeding them an agenda. But I guess that agenda is okay if it adheres with your prejudices? Looks like the heterosexuals are the ones with the real agenda here... or maybe it's just a small group of radical ones

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
OK, I'm done.

This prejudiced, homophobic, control freak is not going to stand here and exchange his opinion for personal attacks and insults. Its clear that some of you (but not all) are quick to judgment and anger, and not circumspective of what you say.

And for the record, Mr. OP, I don't think there are too many anti-homosexual threads on this board. In fact, If I owned and ran the site, I wouldn't permit them, unless they related to secrecy or a conspiracy.......which used to be what this site was about.

So, in an effort to not be a troll (still waiting for that one to come out) I'm outtie for the week end..

Cheers

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join