It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so many anti-homosexual threads?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Seriously? ATS?

Deny ignorance, remember?

All this talk about the homosexual agenda? Baloney! It comes from people who are obviously insecure with the idea that homosexuals have rights like the rest of us.

Seriously? If you don't wish the join the 21st century, do it on your own terms. Otherwise, allowing a certain group of people to have rights and to gain respect is nothing new. Remember the civil rights struggles of the 60s? Women's Liberation? It's no different.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There are two possible conclusion I've come to about this behavior:

1. They are trying to make it quite clear that they are heterosexual because they aren't sure that everyone knows.

2. They would worship a crow if it flew out of Sarah Palin's apple bottom.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah I started this thread because I'm tired of people bashing homosexuals and people complaining that they have too many rights, etc.

Why can't people just live and let live?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Part of it is a religious thing, people have been instilled with primitive religious thinking about homosexuality. Some would rather believe bigoted speeches from the pulpit and primitive verses from scripture instead of the sound science that tells us homosexuality occurs naturally and isn't a choice.

Part of it is also political. People's heads have been filled with this hair-brained conspiracy theories that homosexuals have some dark liberal agenda to destroy other people's freedoms once they've secured their own. And then they will rule the world and force us all to be gay

I agree with you though, its all absurd and its all an excuse to deny people their rights.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Because some people are bigoted morons that can't see past their own sense of morality, so they decide to force said morality on to others. I personally don't care if a person is gay or straight as long as they are a good person.

Morons on the other hand make me REALLY grumpy! *grrr*

Rev

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
STRANGE

I thought there were more PRO-gay threads on here.

Which is somewhat alarming.

I don't care if you think i'm a bigot, I think homosexualism is unnatural. It might be accepted, but it doesn't mean we have to have it shoved in our faces.

It's like those gay pride marches, where you get lots of chaps in leather all mucking about. - this isn''t healthy for our children to see is it?

I'd much rather see STRAIGHT pride marches. Why don't we see them?

edit on 19-11-2010 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I'd much rather see STRAIGHT pride marches.

We already have those, its called television. You say there's stuff at gay pride rallies you don't want children to see - don't take your children. Just like there's sexual content on television you don't want kids to see, don't turn to that channel. A gay pride rally usually isn't a televised event, its usually isolated to one area of a city that has been legally set aside (they have to get a permit) so the odds a kid is going to end up seeing it, without permission, is null compared to the chance a kid will turn on the television and see sexual content.

Don't get me wrong I think some of those gay pride parades are over the top I'm just not sure making them hetero parades would be any better. I think we should keep both sexual orientations away from our parades

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Don't knock it till you've tried it Mr L!

I do see where you're coming from about homosexuality often being really "in your face" and I feel the same way as you do about that, but I also don't like heterosexuality being rammed down my throat. I'm bisexual and I never force my sexuality on people.

Live and let live I say, after all we were given free will for a reason.

Rev

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Yeah I started this thread because I'm tired of people bashing homosexuals and people complaining that they have too many rights, etc.

Why can't people just live and let live?

Well unfortunantly its human nature. Some people are homophobes, and some are so absorbed into their religious views, that they fail to see that these people are actually people too.

Im sick of it too, but Ive come to the realisation that it cant be stopped.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

nah, it's an unhealthy mix of ignorance, fear and confusion over one's own sexuality.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You couldn't add your opinion to the dozen or so threads with the SAME subject and point? You had to make another thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

nah, it's an unhealthy mix of ignorance, fear and confusion over one's own sexuality.

APPLAUSE

Brilliant

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I constantly see religious marches in my country and, frankly, it's sickening. Worshipping in public places something that has not been proven is acceptable for me only if done privately (and I have good pagan friends).

If we allow ourselves to think religion is natural - so can everybody do the same about homosexuality. The difference between the two, as I see it, is that homosexuality happens all over the earth, animal kingdom included. I haven't seen any proof of god lately (not that I can present to anybody that is, my own feelings are not important).

I have good Catholic friends. The best out there. We have a consensus. They don't tell me homosexuality is unnatural and I don't laugh at them for spending their lives under the impression that god exists.

And by the way: anything happening on earth is "natural". "Unnatural" things don't happen. They're... you know... unnatural

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
STRANGE

I thought there were more PRO-gay threads on here.

And it would take you an entire ATS search to prove that wrong.

I don't care if you think i'm a bigot, I think homosexualism is unnatural.

And I think "homosexualism" is not a word... coincidentally aligning with the level of intelligence suggested about anti-homosexuals. I also think labeling anything "unnatural" that has evidently been around since the beginning of time is beyond stupid.

It might be accepted, but it doesn't mean we have to have it shoved in our faces.It's like those gay pride marches, where you get lots of chaps in leather all mucking about. - this isn''t healthy for our children to see is it?

Most of the S&M crew in pride parades are heterosexual. They just use the Gay Pride Parade as an outlet because nobody else lets them express how they feel. It's the same with the nudists and the transvestites. Maybe if you kept "your kind" out of OUR parade we wouldn't have an issue?
(jokes, obviously)

I'd much rather see STRAIGHT pride marches. Why don't we see them?

I'd much rather hear about any discrimination and awareness that must be advocated about heterosexuality around the world? Right, you've got nothing. Ignorant.

P.S. Isn't this topic about the straight pride parades in the form of ATS posts that are ignorant and based on zero fact and often consist of irational people who are incapable of formulating a valid argument?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong - I don't hate anyone for any reason, let alone their sexual conquests.

But in my opinion, sex should be a private thing, for all types of people and having floats with GAY PRIDE and gentleman rubbing thighs with each other just annoys me. I mean... we have openly gay tv stars, celebrities, idols, politicians... so for me it's a non-issue.

So my point is. The only people making a big deal out of it are gay people.

Peace

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
But in my opinion, sex should be a private thing, for all types of people and having floats with GAY PRIDE and gentleman rubbing thighs with each other just annoys me. I mean... we have openly gay tv stars, celebrities, idols, politicians... so for me it's a non-issue.

Well if you think its a private thing, then privately you can choose to ignore their celebrations right

I agree with you actually, but I mean, let them have their fun

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Fair enough man.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

it's done to provoke a response. it's done to send a message. The Gay Pride Parade here in NYC is the craziest spectacle. It lasts for hours and draws a massive crowd and, yes, there's some crazy stuff on display but it's all done for the parade. I have lived in NYC for 20 years and, other than the gay pride parade, I've never seen gay men, or women, do the things they do in the parades anywhere else and that includes in gay night clubs which I have been to.

they do this to let the world know that they are gay, they are not going away and we should all learn to be more accepting.

One last thought. If you don't want to see the public spectacle, such as in the parades, don't watch it. If you don't want your kids to see it, don't take them to the parade.

really very simple.

or you can do what a responsible parent should do - teach your children about tolerance and acceptance.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I commented on one that was posted early. It looks like the Mods got rid of it.
Thanks mods. As stated above, it's either trolling or people trying to justify their own confused hateful feeling.
I have no time for anyone who would waste their breath spitting rhetoric that would impinge on the happiness of one other person.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
One last thought. If you don't want to see the public spectacle, such as in the parades, don't watch it. If you don't want your kids to see it, don't take them to the parade.

really very simple.

or you can do what a responsible parent should do - teach your children about tolerance and acceptance.

Should I apply your logic and reasoning to a KKK march through the center of NYC? Perhaps I don't want to teach my innocent, impressionable children about the abhorrent behavior of the KKK, or their beliefs, which are anathema to my beliefs, whether they be religious, institutional, cultural, or whatever.

Just because something is legal, and the courts protect it's existence does not mitigate the fact that it may socially unacceptable to the majority, or even a large minority, of citizens in our society.

I am not a homophobe. I do not fear gays. I have gay friends and family. What I oppose is a radical minority of gays who claim to speak for all gays, and who try to infringe in a militant fashion into areas that are socially unacceptable.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join