It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery of cave drawings on rocks on the banks of the Rio Negro (Amazon River)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Discovery of cave drawings on rocks on the banks of the Rio Negro (Amazon River)

acritica.uol.com.br

The drought lowered the level of rivers in the Amazon led to the discovery, interesting for Archaeology. Rock carvings of faces were found in rocks that were submerged on the shores of Rio Negro, near the meeting with the waters of the Amazon, Manaus.

The images are made in low relief and, according to archaeologists studying the Amazon region, may have been made between 2,000 and 5,000 years ago by Indians who lived there. However, there are still a mystery that has puzzled experts.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
acritica.uol.com.br

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The source was in portugese. I used the google translator.

The article:

The drought lowered the level of rivers in the Amazon led to the discovery, interesting for Archaeology. Rock carvings of faces were found in rocks that were submerged on the shores of Rio Negro, near the meeting with the waters of the Amazon, Manaus.

The images were made in low relief and, according to archaeologists studying the Amazon region, may have been made between 2,000 and 5,000 years ago by Indians who lived there. However, there are still a mystery that has puzzled experts.

The figures were discovered by fishermen on 25 October, a day after the Rio Negro to reach the lowest level since 1902. The images were photographed by a forest engineer Akira Tanaka, Center for Environmental Studies and Projects of the Amazon.

The photos were distributed to the archaeologists, who will try to unravel the mystery of the "faces". According to the engineer for more than 10 faces drawn on the rocks. On site, there is now an archaeological site.

acritica.uol.com.br
(visit the link for the full news article)

Pictures:

edit on 19-11-2010 by RUSSO because: add pictures

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I don't know - seems suspect. If those carvings were made 2,000 to 5,000 years ago, and have been worn by river water for that long (not to mention rain), wouldn't those carvings have been worn away by now?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
thats an odd carving.. and is that gold? I dont know what picture it is, bad browser, and havent looked at all of them, but small square face, and that really looks like gold

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Cool post, thanks for sharing. The artwork looks like a primitive Bender from Futurama.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Fand S
They look to me like rocks that were above water till under cut and then they fell in.
this a common thing on a water course, they do that continiously.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Shakeweight

Yeah, strange squared faces. Its Bender indeed

My question is, if they could draw circles, why draw squared faces?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I think its water reflections...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It certainly is intriguing the square face. I tried digging but I came up short.
I couldnt find any evidence of square faces in other cultures. does anybody know of any?

Toyah. Illuminati puppet?

"Tubular ears with one square face"

www.lipwalklyrics.com...

www.youtube.com...

just something to ponder.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I don't know - seems suspect. If those carvings were made 2,000 to 5,000 years ago, and have been worn by river water for that long (not to mention rain), wouldn't those carvings have been worn away by now?

The rock was submerged in water.

edit on 19-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

I couldnt find any evidence of square faces in other cultures. does anybody know of any?

There was a post these days that shows a rupest picture of what appears to be a ufo and a creature with a suit and a squared helmet.

Link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

It can be.

Who knows?

new topics

top topics

join