It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind - Federal Employees

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I have a cousin who is our local state rep, she is so blind to what is actually going on in the town and country. Every word that comes out of her mouth seems so fake.

Yet even when other people, who would do a much better job, runs against her, they always lose.

Why? because she has been our rep for around 20 (or more) years and people are just used to voting for her.

She was even featured on a program about state reps voting for other state reps when in session and the other rep is absent. She said she was against it, but yet there is a video of her voting for two other reps while they weren't even there.

They recently voted them selve a very large pay raise.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

While I can't speak for your other claims, the idea that a state legislature just voted itself a pay-raise isn't necessarily a bad thing.

According to this article, they're only making $22k/year. Which is about twice the federal poverty level.

Now tell me what kind of a legislator are you going to get if you only pay them the bare minimum? You're going to get millionaires and retirees. Hardly a voice of 'the people'. Am I saying they should start making $100,000? No, they should at least make the national average...or the state average.

A state senator in my state was running for congress, he was attacked for trying to raise his pay in the state legislature...he makes $11,000/year and has at least 60 days that he has to spend in the capitol. What kind of business is going to allow you 60 days off every year?

This thread's about federal employees, not state reps.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join