It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind - Federal Employees

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by niceguybob

Martha Stewart was the scapegoat like Regan made the air traffic controllers his scapegoat.

Point is that you only go to war in one you know you can win.

And what was vietnam about then? Modern wars are fought to be sustained not won.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
One must separate this "shocking information" into two separate categories:

1. Congressional "employees" (House and Senate) - not shocking that their net worth is so high, considering the institution of lobbying.

2. Regular government employees: Janitors, garbage collectors, teachers, police, firemen, 911 dispatchers, etc, etc... Why wouldn't these employees get health benefits? Teachers work with kids (who spread disease because of the amount that congregate in one place), emergency responders deal with sick, ill, dying and diseased people to the benefit of everybody; also, they deal with high stress. Sanitation employees deal with trash and the bacteria and other pathogens it carries.

Category 1 are privileged and because of the corruption of our system are able to corner a lucrative market. It is a market that should not exist.

Category 2 are run-of-the-mill folks, for the most part, who deal with all the crap that we as individuals have - through the building of a society - pushed off as our responsibilities and passed on to them.

The fact that private sector "average" is so low is partly because it includes private sector jobs with NO benefits. Small businesses cannot afford health benefits and severance packages like the few multinationals that pay millions and billions. So of course Ma and Pa places are thrown in with Walmart's and Starbucks, and then further with Goldman Sachs and their kind. Those are different tiers.

All this is kind of the whole point behind a comprehensive socialized health care system. What you are looking at in the numbers cited by the OP is essentially the status quo. The in-roads for health care and retirement benefits in the government sector is because of the unification of that sector. Jose Schmose on a construction project or in the fields, and Plain Jane fast food employee or grocery store bagger is less likely to have anywhere near the same benefits, if any at all.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Spiro

When I did a thread on #11 a couple years back, most ATSers replied, "I could care less".

It just keeps escalating because the average person complies and does not unit and rebel against this.

Our government is suppose to work for us, not against us.

I heart you!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Take money out of the election process and then the rich will not be over-represented. And...quit voting for the wealthy.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Life is unfair?

Life is TOO UNFAIR.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

When corporations are allowed to "contribute" (bribe) hundreds of thousands / millions of dollars into a politician's campaign, where in sam hell do you think that politician's loyalities are going to lie?

Our government is owned and run by the large corporations..............read my locations.

Of the people and for the people is a joke.

The last president to try and stop the buying out of our government was JFK and we all know what happened to him.

Lone gunman my @ss.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

#10 According to a recent study conducted by the Heritage Foundation, federal workers earn 30 to 40 percent more money on average than their counterparts in the private sector.

Then go work for the government. No ones stopping you.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Exactly! WW II was the last real war.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I agree with everything in your post.

I am not one to stroll off into wild conspiracy theories and/or beliefs. But we all know that JFK wasn't killed by LHO.
I was five when we saw the news on TV, I had a tear in my eye and thought things would be OK when I heard they rushed him to the hospital. I wasn't aware then he had only half of his head.

My point is that I was only 5 years old and the JFK assassination brought me to an emotional response. Today I don't think a 5-year-old would really care if our sitting president was killed.

I guess I went a bit off-topic, sorry.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Bye? You made me Laff out loud asking a Federal employee how he sleeps. It's SO not relevent,out right funny.
I would never deny anyone the right to earn a living.. Ever.. Pensions that pay out more then they pay in whether Private or Public sector is downright unAmerican.. For congress to legally be allowed insider information from Lobbyists? Criminal..

My dad is 84..Can't work too much part time or he's taxed too much on his S.S. Wants more money..
I said .."but dad, you only paid in $20K in your life before you started getting Social Security 22 years ago. I've paid over $100K in my life and expect nothing. How's that work?" Answer? " Not my problem,your so smart,YOU figure it out." OUCH....

Give me the right to insider trading. I have to run for office to get that right? What am I missing?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
excellent points made here
great thread
S&F

one day ......
one day very soon !!!!!
Rome will fall
and so will it's hierarchy !!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Yes, heads is tails, isn't it? These guys have it made, all the way to the bottom. A-and yes-they deliberately work AGAINST us and the simple pleasure of getting on with the enjoyment of time, and sovereign decision making. They are setting up a dust control sector of the EPA to make every square foot of land dust free and punishable, by satellite. I gloss over threads too horrible to contemplate about how food growing is being legislated against, herbal alternative meds etc.... It is a systemic problem which must die along with the occupation of 'lobbysism'. Too much to even take in anymore, and no shame whatsoever in their bearing.

They must be thrown out repeatedly, and retirement packages removed. The wrong incentives are in all the right places. This will never stop until they are cut down like pigs.

Bones said that the way to toss a rogue dictatorship is to get them to act like it. They have been doing this (humping for laws which yield insider trading info to get way fat with) for years, of course, but one of the few benefits of personal austerity is that you learn to be resourceful, and develop a sense of justice. If this is happening in a widespread fashion-even if through the obvious disparity and awakening to it, then it is amazing, and it is good.

edit on 20-11-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Sorry i have to disagree, in my humble opinion there is no real war. The concept of countries is not a good thing. No countries no war heh. Well perhaps the Draconian/Human war but i m not aware of this one xD

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Nice and informative post. I would like to see the Insider Trading abolished all the way around. It took me awhile when I was in my early teens to figure out what my dad meant what he said about Washington D.C. as far as work goes. Follow the money because #1 is that they print the bulk of it there, and #2, it pretty much gets doled out there. I know that one thing must be stopped is the rapid growth of the Gov't. D.C. is the head of the Ponzi-scheme and it makes Bernie Madoff look like a juvenile.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

No it doesn't need to end, just become a federal employee that's what I am trying to do!!!! If you can't beat them, heh join them!!!! I like that salary and they've got a lot of jobs available in my chosen profession which I am going to school for.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Gosh..... It really feels good knowing I'm not alone. It's not about a 2 party system. It's about what's fair.. What's NOT fair...and how to work towards fixing it. Thats all I/WE can ask for. Keep politics out of it..when politics created it.
Student or Teacher.... I don't know where I'm at anymore..
OK Depends on how much I get paid? I don't want to be that person.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by crash override
reply to post by links234

do you pay in to your healthcare....example is they take a certain amount out of your paycheck?

Yes, all federal employees pay into our health insurance(if we choose to have it) and the government covers some of that cost, I think it's 50/50, I'd have to look. It's supposedly similiar to a large corporation with a lot of employees.

So for example, if health insurance is costing me $1000/month, I pay $500 and the government will cover the other half. I don't get free healthcare like the military does.

Originally posted by byteshertz
How do you sleep at night?

I don't! I sleep during the day.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by demonseed

#10 According to a recent study conducted by the Heritage Foundation, federal workers earn 30 to 40 percent more money on average than their counterparts in the private sector.

Then go work for the government. No ones stopping you.

To whom are you replying to?

Be safe be well,

Spiro
edit on 21-11-2010 by Spiro because: someone pinched my dictionary

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Spiro

No it doesn't need to end, just become a federal employee that's what I am trying to do!!!! If you can't beat them, heh join them!!!! I like that salary and they've got a lot of jobs available in my chosen profession which I am going to school for.

lol

I would rather work for nothing and live for free

Be safe be well.

Spiro

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
My friend,

War comes in many guises, and in this day and age its done covertly, behind the scenes using technology we dont even know about.

No need to send XXXX amount of troops onto the battle field for it to be called a war, anymore ;up:

Be safe be well,

Spiro

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join