It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pike River Mine Explosion [NZ]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Pike River Mine Explosion [NZ]

www.abc.net.au

There has been an explosion in a coal mine on the west coast of New Zealand's South Island, with up to 30 miners unaccounted for, the district's mayor says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.pike.co.nz

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Another mine disaster just happened in a mine in New Zealand on the west coast of the South Island (same as Christchurch)
It just so happens that the sth island also continually has tremors after the major Earthquake few months ago and just another tremor today of 2.5
Here is hoping that they can find the 33 miners unaccounted for?
Apparently they were doing a safety walk-through.. :S

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Havent heard much about this? Any updates?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Not really
only happened 2 hours ago
and apparently this is a mine that is in a hillside, not below ground per se.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Early days yet , but keep in mind that to create an explosion you need a spark, explosions have little to do with earthquakes.
couple of links here;

www.newstalkzb.co.nz...
www.newstalkzb.co.nz...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

lol 33 miners, just like Chile. MASONS ANYONE!? Rebirth ceremony :]

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
those other guys better get their book deals signed. I hope the best for them,NZ has alot of awsome people......... Once thay found out I wasnt British

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
reply to post by lavenlaar

lol 33 miners, just like Chile. MASONS ANYONE!? Rebirth ceremony :]

Poop ATS ate my post

Prime said 25-30, TV3 said 19 and now 9... i dont like how the TV3 interviewer tried to get specifics no one could really give just to try and get some harrowing emotional scoop... dont like it when news sources try to make news through suggestive question rather than just report it (TV3 has become a little American in its news reporting lately and its annoying, since i wont touch TV1 with a bargepole ).

This wont be a Chillian mine disaster at any length, but hopefully we have no fatalities... although its a pretty damn remote location for a mine so that could cause issues.

Edit:- Looks like theyve settled on 27 being trapped... not sure where that 9 number came from.

edit on 19-11-2010 by BigfootNZ because: Meep

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
We had a report an hour ago that 2 walked out to safety from another exit ?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Further gas tests will be carried out today to establish whether the mine is safe for a rescue team to enter. Police at the Pike River mine have confirmed that tests of the air quality there were called off, because gas levels were rising.

There've been no developments overnight and the message from the head of the rescue operation remains that as soon as it's safe, a rescue mission will be launched.
nz.news.yahoo.com...

There is very little news available, the pike mine web site "news" just goes around in a circle back to "phone the Police for info" and all the MSM have the same item as above.

Nothing is being released, its so bad the TV1 News last night the reporters were interviewing each other (a bit like Chile). Aussies sent some Rescue experts over yesterday to help out, there are a couple of Aussies down there as well as 1 South African and a couple of Poms. Sorry no links for that info, was on the radio.
edit on 20-11-2010 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hey Folks, A Westcoaster here. Unsure what to make of this yet. I dont want to believe its a sacrifice, but some news reports available have the numbers. Again, I havnt decided, and need to see more of what unfolds... the digging I have done so far is this, and it could be mere coincidence. I went to school with one fella down there and will know through friends many more, this is really terrible, and isnt looking good considering one guy 700m away from explosion got blown of his forklift and knocked unconscious, he made it out atleast. Fingers crossed for the rest. Heres to wishing them all the best.

Pike river- Albert pike, in the 19th century implemented plans for nwo ( I dont know for sure, found this on google)
19th was the day it happend.
albert pike died on the 29th of something or rather (again google), 29 miners trapped
the blast (takin from news article) was 2.2 km into hillside
@ 3.30 pm on the 19th, same news article. . (sorry, off out, in a rush, can find articles to link later.)
The logo for pike river looks suspect, maybe im just paranoid, it looks like the hillside mine with two shafts, but also looks similar to a spearhead, make your own assumptions there.

Today is the 22nd, rescue hasnt started yet as they are still drilling, goin by the radio, it has another 100 odd meters to go.
Strange synchs, hopefully my overactive imagination. ill need to see more to make my mind up, being local its the last thing I want to believe in. The numbers wont lie.

link to news article. www.allvoices.com...

top topics

join