It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wireless internet makes trees sick.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Wireless internet makes trees sick.

webwereld.nl

The radiation Wi-Fi is harmful to trees. They get significant abnormalties in growth, bleeding and fissures in the bark. All deciduous trees in the western world suffer from.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The findings come from a recent study at TU Delft, TNO, the municipality of Alphen aan den Rijn and Wageningen University. The research was driven by the municipality of Alphen aan den Rijn. Five years ago, officials noticed abnormalities on trees in the city, including bark-like tumor nodules. There was not a virus or bacterium.

Follow-up testing found the disease to occur throughout the western world. In the Netherlands, shows no less than 70 percent of all trees in urban areas the same symptoms. Five years ago, was only 10 percent. Trees in more densely forested areas are hardly affected.

"For three months, ash trees and various herbaceous plants were exposed in a climate room to 6 radiation sources (APs) at frequencies ranging from 2412 to 2472 MHz and a power of 100 mW EIRP. At 50 cm to 300 cm distance. Initial observations indicate a negative impact on the health of ash trees. Leaves near radiation sources showed at the end of the study period "galena-like effects" that result prove to be the death of the upper and lower epidermis of leaves. The 'galena' is followed by dehydration and death of a portion of the leaf.

Nope, wireless internet is not bad for your health, neither is mobile cellphone radiation. Unfortunately, we cannot avoid wireless communication anymore, but if its dangerous for trees, I wouldn't be surprised if it would be very bad for human beings too.

Source is Dutch, no English version available yet.

webwereld.nl
(visit the link for the full news article)

English Translation
edit on 11/18/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: added English translation

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

How do they know it was the wifi radiation and not chemicals off-gassing from the equipment used for the AP?

I'd like to see more details around controls on this study.

Also keep in mind that large amounts of CO2 is healthy for plants but not for humans...

edit on 18-11-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I dont believe it my trees are doing fine and there are planty of wifi dishes and signals around and have been for years....

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

So what started as somone unable to recognise wounds on trees where sap ozzes out.... turned to a someone finding out not only are they a poor scientist but a poor gardener?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
They must be able to read the electromagnetic fields. I honestly don’t know any way to protect humans from this Wi-Fi ordeal. We can try to minimize our exposure to Wi Fi and other EMF Electromagnetic Fields and Electromagnetic Forces. It’s stronger in our children’s schools, hospitals, etc with the huge volume of Wi-Fi computers. I’m still waiting to see how the use of cell phone transmissions affects us. I always wonder what invisible force is going through me sitting between my computer and wireless router. I haven’t got any growths yet. Knock on wood.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have several plants in my house including a small bonzai tree (one of the leaf varieties). I have wifi going all the time. My plants are perfectly healthy.

Sometimes, if you want to know if it's raining outside, it's more reliable to stick your head out the door than listen to a weatherman.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

There is no protection, but you can bet the ptb already know.

Boris yeltsin who was leader of russia in 90's was called a zombie, and it was known he was being targeted with non lethel weapons, which really is a oxymoron, non lethel weapons. This is why the west thought he was all over the place all of the time. You people in the west where never told.

Just shows you the damage these energies can do.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What's worse is what cell phone signals are doing to human brains..

Brain tumours will be 4/5 within 20 years.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If it where real i think wed see our bodys being harmed before the trees, we are made out of mushier stuff.
Large doses of radiation do affect your body, like using a mobile phone too much, but background radiation is far to weak to cause any harm. Im more worried about radiation from the sun that electrical devices.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

There is no protection, but you can bet the ptb already know.

Boris yeltsin who was leader of russia in 90's was called a zombie, and it was known he was being targeted with non lethel weapons, which really is a oxymoron, non lethel weapons. This is why the west thought he was all over the place all of the time. You people in the west where never told.

Just shows you the damage these energies can do.

It gives cyber-threat a new meaning when you put it like that. It's a creepy thought!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wireless internet such as 3G transmits using beams of light with wavelengths in the range of centimeters. Generally speaking, it's a high-frequency radio wave, or basically light that's just about as energetic as you can get without being considered "infrared."

Source 1: Wireless wavelengths
Source 2: Wavelength comparisons

In other words, they're harmless. Now, there may be some slight exceptions, which I'll explain at least as far as I understand them. Infrared radiation is often associated with heat. Similarly, wireless transmissions can generate heat if enough of it is absorbed. So, if you are exposed to massive amounts of wireless internet radiation, it might heat you up a tiny bit, kind of like being inside a really, really weak microwave.

This is not to be confused with the dangers of truly high-energy radiation like x-rays, extreme UV rays, or the radiation you would get from a nuclear explosion. With too long an exposure, these kinds of radiation can actually change the chemical structure of your body's cells, causing cancer and mutation. By comparison, weak light that exists beneath the visible spectrum, like infrared and wireless broadcasting, does not mutate the cells and chemicals in your body, but if you try really hard it might heat them up a little. If too much of this happens, some of the more sensitive cells can die because of the heating. This is why microwaves are shielded.

So, it's true that wireless internet transmissions might be very slightly dangerous in very, VERY rare instances. However, you cannot mutate trees using 3G transmissions.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Magnus47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The president of russia could not be protected, and then we have no chance.

I think society has already seen the effect of mobile phone radiation. Its turned people into morons in effect. Do you guys remember what yeltsin was like? I would suggest the radiation from phones etc is having an effect on society, its just that you all are part of it, and you cannot see it.
edit on 11/18/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
There is a bad wireless and a good wireless.
Can't say the article I once read is in there but Tesla electricity did very well.
Glad to see people are waking to to the age old wireless scam.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
People who cant understand this obviously don't understand nature either. Just because WiFi signals are invisible to us doesn't mean they aren't there. Gee, anyone ever think that introducing a new high-intensity all-encompassing wireless data system might actually screw with organisms that have spent millions of years evolving in a non-human world?

Obviously WiFi affects things negatively. Why is there such a big outcry in Canada by parents because of WiFi being installed in elementary schools? Because as soon as they are, children become sick in proximity to the industrial WiFi networks. It screws with their bodies, and it screws with adults too but all adults are usually doped up on one drug or another to even care.

Seriously, spend a day in a university computer lab and then a day out in the bush; you will notice the difference. The belief that trees can't feel these same effects is just plain ignorance.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Nope, wireless internet is not bad for your health, neither is mobile cellphone radiation.
I agree wireless internet is not bad for your health (even though I suspect you were being sarcastic).

Cellphones are another story, because the transmitter is held so close to the brain, I suspect excessive cellphone use may have risks.

However I'm skeptical about the findings in the wireless internet study. When it's available in English I'll read it, see if it's peer reviewed, etc.

(Is it peer reviewed?)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Oh great.
I wonder how these crazy moonbats will feel about wireless now???

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnus47
Wireless internet such as 3G transmits using beams of light with wavelengths in the range of centimeters. Generally speaking, it's a high-frequency radio wave, or basically light that's just about as energetic as you can get without being considered "infrared."

In other words, they're harmless. Now, there may be some slight exceptions, which I'll explain at least as far as I understand them. Infrared radiation is often associated with heat. Similarly, wireless transmissions can generate heat if enough of it is absorbed. So, if you are exposed to massive amounts of wireless internet radiation, it might heat you up a tiny bit, kind of like being inside a really, really weak microwave.

I was considering your points here about wifi as I did a little research on the matter. What prompted that search was a book I recently bought a friend, and I recall one of the chapters reading "Trees Communicate by Ultrasound". To that end, I could find no reference, only that scientists were using ultrasound to measure tree and leaf properties. I did read how squirrels communicate through ultrasound, and apparently they're not the only animal to do so. I continue to wonder the effect of wifi on ultrasound, after reading that various beetles and other insect lifeforms communicate audibly, and develop senses to test various trees for certain pitches which can indicate the state of the trees decline, and the presence of other insects.

More to the point of interest mentioned above, was the following passage.

The Sound of Light in Trees: The Acoustic Ecology of Pinyon Pines

Entomologist Philip S. Callahan has put forth the controversial idea that insects have a generalized high sensitivity to the infrared energy spectrum and that they are perfectly designed to optimize the transmission and detection of free-floating scent molecules by “pumping” them into a coherent non-linear infrared emission phase through the use of sound. He states, “as long as sound is studied in one corner of the lab and scent in another, the mechanisms of these sound-modulated scent molecules will not be understood…”

www.acousticecology.org...

I speculate technology as widespread as wifi would have an adverse effect directly on the trees themselves, and possibly a lot of disturbance on the normal forest communications that take place between creatures. I don't claim to hold the answers to these considerations, at least not yet!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

This is bad news indeed.... not only are they cutting down trees when we need them, they are also poisoning them too with radioactivity!!

I really hope Mother Earth can survive what they have done to her....

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Maybe the scientist should creat more environmental Wireless internet ,or we have to use cable network.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join