It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden seeks Wikileaks boss arrest over rape claim

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

I was reading in another link that takes the conspiracy farther by saying wiki is a NWO Psyche operation. All that aside one of the money trails supposedly was linked back to George Soros.

I am curious if ther eis any truth to that.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
If you really want to know something about the backgrounds, you should start here:

nicholasmead.com...

It's not so much about the article, but the reader's discussions.

Regarding the money, you have to wait, as anybody of us. Wikileaks promised to show their books by the end of the year.

The money release is not what I was referring to. All they are going to do is talk about how the money they received has been spent. The only info they released was the bulk of it was donated via paypal. They will release salaries, but not the name sof people or groups who have donated money to wikileaks, which to me is the important one.

Wikileaks Cash Flow

Wikileaks Salaries

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Release the names of the donators? For what good? Putting everybody on the list of supporters for the next witch hunt?

As Holland Wau Foundation write on their site, they get so many donations, that they need a few weeks to send a receipt to those, who want one.
On the other hand, a few donators got known, when a mail was sent around in spring asking or further donations, but had the mail addresses of a group of people in the header. A jester sent this to Wikileaks and asked them to leak this. They decided to do so.
One of the donators was your friend Adrian Lamo, who had donated $ 30.

If you are interested: In less than 1 and a half hours Julian Assange will be answering questions life at
www.guardian.co.uk...

Though it is reported, that the police could arrest him today. Others say, a "Red Note" does not mean, that the person must be arrested, but only, that his whereabouts are checked.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Apparently the maximum sentence for his alleged crime is:

5,000 Swedish kronor ($715).

Source gizmodo

So when reading through that the charge is actually 'sex by surprise' and not rape. No wonder it's not a manhunt in the meaning that they'd go and arrest him wherever he is. That interpol red flag thing seems appropriate for such a small crime.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I loved that one:

"Whatever 'sex by surprise' is, it's only a offense in Sweden -- not in the U.K. or the U.S. or even Ibiza," Stephens said. "I feel as if I'm in a surreal Swedish movie being threatened by bizarre trolls"

www.aolnews.com...

I guess, we know that feeling.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yes that sound bit strange. Even though sweden is our neighbour I don't recognize this charge. I'd like to think I know much about them considering that we have alot in common.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Yes that sound bit strange. Even though sweden is our neighbour I don't recognize this charge. I'd like to think I know much about them considering that we have alot in common.

Is it possible the charge is a lesser included offense? Here in the states as an example, if you break into someones house while they are not home, you technically comitted 2 crimes - Burglary and tresspassing. However, you cant be charged with both. Since you had to "tresspass" in order to break into the house, tresspassing is a lesser included offense of burglary.

Is the Swedish charge a lesser included offense of rape?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I've never heard of such. Someone from sweden might know.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Mark Stephens told the BBC that legal moves against his client seem(ed) to be a "political stunt" by a state that allowed US rendition flights.

www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join