It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Man Charged With Soliciting Murder By Naming Alledged Politicians Who Voted For Iraq War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
He writes a blog on information that justifiably should be public knowledge.
Isn't every citizens right to know how politicians of their country vote on all legislation, especially information that took their country into an illegal war.
Sorry that's right, they commit the crime you do the time for questioning it.
So much for freedom of speech.
These terrorism laws are sheer bullsh#t.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Man charged with soliciting murder over Iraq war blog
A man has been charged with soliciting murder in relation to a blog listing MPs it claimed voted for the Iraq war.
Bilal Zaheer Ahmad, 23, of Dunstall, Wolverhampton, was also charged with other offences under the Terrorism Act, West Midlands Police said.
Mr Ahmad will appear before City of Westminster magistrates on Wednesday.
He was arrested on 10 November and officers seized computer and electronic equipment for examination after searching his home.
Mr Ahmad was charged with soliciting murder under the Offences Against the Person Act.
He was also charged with with three counts of possessing information likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism

If you read his blog does this mean you could be charged for having the information in your head?
edit on 17-11-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
In my opinion, the MP's on the list should be charged with the same offence!

S&F
edit on 17/11/10 by NonKonphormist because: S&F

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Shouldn't they be charged with genocide & crimes against humanity, considering that between 100,000 to 1,000,000 Iraqis (depends whose numbers you believe) have directly/indirectly died as a result of their actions.

I suppose that at least British politicians got to vote on this issue. In Oz that bastard Prime Minister John Howard the shrub (little Bush) just sent our troops to war without the parliament having a vote on the matter. This in itself is unconstitutional under our laws, yet nothing happened to him.
edit on 17-11-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It depends what he has been saying because he has been arrested for "soliciting murder" which suggests he has done more than just list a few MPs. In fact, the charge of soliciting murder is pretty serious.

The voting habits of British MPs is hardly secret and can be obtained through a variety of sources. The fact that he had a blog with this information on may be irrelevant to his activities.

Regards

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Thats why i always write, make sure you do not do anything, and i am just telling you peopel as knowledge to waht is going on. People should stay non violent, let the police commit the crimes, and man do they commit them.

He really should of stated that in his blog too.

I find it unbelievable that the police in london have in effect murdered my life, and they can walk around laughing after 18.5 years of organised haressment and vendetta, but this man just gets done for letting people know something and naming names.

What about the uk gov, that gave info on my life to people i went to school with to put on net to humilate me? By the way uk authorities i have never been in the army, they just perved into our home thinking another prson was me.

Amazing how corrupt our police and gov is.
edit on 11/17/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
In fact, the charge of soliciting murder is pretty serious.

My life has shown the uk police and gov did this to me, so how come the peopel that did this to me are not charged, and i bet high profile police where involved in the crimes aginst my life.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well, at least, the laws and courts have agreed that there is reason to kill these guys.
It's a start.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Clearly we are not in a position to believe / not believe any stories about yourself being abused by the UK police, but the reality is that the UK police are not corrupt or abusive and where there are deviations then there is due process to take action. Let's face it Andy1033, we don't even know if you have ever been to the UK and are a bloke - such are the vagaries of the internet.

The fact is that this blogger has been arrested for a serious offence and I believe the police are sufficiently controlled and the Crown Prosecution Service sufficiently motivated to ensure that justice will be done and seen to be done.

Regards

top topics

join