It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! Is that a HOLE in the Moon? Apollo 13 pic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
A hole in the moon? OMG! WTF? LOL!!!

ROFL.

Like, I know man. Seriously.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
OMG COOKIE!!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e5ad63911e6.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 17-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

*Takes of glasses*

Looks like another one solved.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
someone bite from out cheese

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
You can be very, very sure it is NOT a treeline or some kind of hole in the moon.

The black area it probably some equipment inside the space craft....

I always love statements like that

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
So Pacman really IS from the moon.
2nd

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It was swampgas from venus and a mouse from mars LOL
Quit the weed kid. Get a life.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

That cookie monster eating the moon is hilarious.

For those complaining about OMG in the headline, I thought ATS is supposed to be conspiracy-oriented and provocative, not pedantic and snore-worthy. Headline got you to look, after all. Next time shall I stay more conservative? What would you say if you looked up and saw a gaping chasm in the moon?

EVERYBODY -- Please examine the high resolution photographs available through Google Moon - Apollo Missions Layer and the Lunar and Planetary Society LRO and Apollo pages, they don't appear to have been censored.

Some links:

Apollo 13

Lunar Orbiter

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ha Ha! Anyway, imho it's just the earth's shadow at either the beginning or end phase of a full moon.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Alex Collier did say the moon is a artificial moon, infact it is a hollow spaceship/satellite for the world government. Kids are being kidnapped every year and are brought to the moon for experimentation. I believe the reptillians or greys own the moon.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by ziggystar60
You can be very, very sure it is NOT a treeline or some kind of hole in the moon.

The black area it probably some equipment inside the space craft....

I always love statements like that

I am 100 % certain, without a shadow of a doubt, that you probably do.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by keyseeker
DID SOMEONE TAKE A BITE OUT OF THE MOON?

Is that an artifact, an eclipse, or did Apollo 13 catch spaceship Moon with its hatch open?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62bef9b7f793.jpg[/atsimg]
Source: www.lpi.usra.edu...

So has anyone explained how this happened yet?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
OMG COOKIE!!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e5ad63911e6.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 17-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

OMG! this is the funniest...thanks for the laugh

Could there really be a giant Cookie Monster poised to munch the moon at any moment? I thought TPTB put a stop to Cookie Monster's addictive behavior? I think he was put into a Betty Ford-like detox program, not sure...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The simplest explanation is likely the best....i.e. that part of the spacecraft is obscuring the picture, (which is why it is so blurry).....

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hi,

Im sorry to post this in this thread however I am new and could not start my own thread to ask for help in explaining something that my husband and I witnessed tonight, around midnight Queensland Australia time north of Brisbane. There was heavy cloud cover, and light drizzle, as I watched the lower level clouds move westward, I noticed the upper level clouds were moving eastward.. I thought thats pretty cool with the moons glow behind them so i watched for about ten minutes.. then the lower level clouds began to clear, leaving only the upper level clouds.. the moon came out, bright, full and i could easily see the craters and the light and shadow figures they create when looking at them with the naked eye.. then I noticed something strange.. the upper level clouds were moving still toward the east.. but they were moving BEHIND the moon...

Now I am a rational person, so i rubbed my eyes thinking it was an optical illusion.. but no.. clearly the clouds were behind the moon because I could see the moon in detail.. so i thought well this cant be happening so I got out the binoculars.. what i saw made me shake.. the clouds were definately moving behind the moon.. i could clearly see the details of the craters and as the light and shaded areas of the clouds moved the darker lines in the clouds..which was not space, it was cloud.. moved BEHIND the moon.. [i am 43 and been watching the sky for a long time, I know the difference between clouds and space]

I went and got my husband and asked him to look at the moon and tell me what he saw.. he then looked at me and said the same thing.. the clouds are moving BEHIND the moon.. there is absolutely no.. and I mean NO distortion that would normaly be seen when the high level clouds pass in front of it like i have seen many many times while out watching the night sky.. the moon was in clear and full detail with a sky full of cloud behind it.

I tried to take photos.. as i have an auto focus camera the detail of the moon didnt show up.. but you can clearly see the moon is IN FRONT of the clouds..

Could some one please tell me what is going on.. has anyone else noticed this.. and could someone else please look outside on a cloudy night over the next week and tell me if you see it too..

And before you ask or make jokes about this.. no Im not on crack.. no I wasnt drinking.. I am a fairly sane, normal, middle aged mum of two with decent eyesight and no I do not wear glasses and didnt have them on.. as I said.. my husband saw this also.

EW

These are the photos i took.. as i have an auto focus camera i couldnt get the detail of the moon that i could see with my eyes and the binoculars.. however you can see that the clouds are behind the moon. s496.photobucket.com...
edit on 21-11-2010 by enchantedwanderer because: *edit: adding photo link

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Title of thread includes OMG.

I'm going to leave this with the 13 year olds.

jesus christ

Getting tired of that as well. When will it end?

OMG! HUGE Cache of New 911 footage released !!!
OMG! 'Faith' and 'Quantum Physics' are the SAME thing!
OMG! Avian Flu Released to General Population by Major Pharma for
[HOAX]OMG some crazy lights over London is anyone else seeing them
OMG, So it begins, the uncomfortable feeling of anticipation
OMG! UFO! Or Maybe Not, page 1
OMG! California controller to suspend tax refunds, welfare checks
OMG, Sister Wives Alert!!!
OMG!!!! The Great Old Ones Are Rising!!!! I Am The Chosin

On topic: Yes, like OMG its totally a hole like in the moon dude.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
OKEY - This Thread is really LUNATIC.

OMG! CHAN-INTEL JUST BITTEN ME!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by enchantedwanderer

Hi and welcome here. Watch out for the knuckleheads. More than likely they didn't read your post to begin with. It happens a lot around here.

I have seen the effect that you are talking about before. It really is kind of freaky, but it's only an optical illusion. The upper atmospheric clouds that you saw will become effectively translucent due to the brightness of the full moon. So the wispy thin clouds appear to disappear, or travel behind the moon.

Start an introduction post in the New Members Forum. You can find the link at the bottom of the Forum Index page.
edit on 21-11-2010 by SunshineLaws because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have just found video footage of this exact same thing happening last month.. please can someone find an explanation for this?

www.youtube.com...

Are you sure of this, because i understand optical illusion, but how can an optical illusion be video'd and seen .. i know the whispy cloud effect, usually when this happens the moon is blurred, if not only just slightly.. however tonight there was no blurr at all..
edit on 21-11-2010 by enchantedwanderer because: adding answer to previous post.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sover3igN
Hole in the Sun

Please connect this post with the hole in the sun thread

How about connecting and starting a: There's a hole in OP's head thread?

I wish ATS could bury these kindergarten claims or put them in a Mother Goose section somewhere in the back of the forum somewhere.
I used to think ATS was filled with sophistication, integrity, class, wit, intelligence and an audience comprised of reasonable thinkers (unlike the other conspiracy sites) but it's starting to look like I might've been wrong.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join