It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil Monument or Statue of the Fallen Angel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
There is a statue in the capital of Spain, Madrid, more like a monument dedicated to none other than, Lucifer, Satan, the ‘Fallen Angel’.
This is by no meens a conspiracy of any sought....or is it.
Why was the enemy of the Biblical God allowed to be displayed in a catholic country?
Only the Vatican knows why.

It was made in 1877 by Ricardo Bellver commissioned by the Duke Fernán Núñez and placed in the square that now is named: ‘La Plaza del Angel Caido’ (Fallen Angel Square) in 1885. What is a mystery is why this Duke sent for the statue to be made in the first place, making it a scandal at the time. In the National Exhibition of 1878, the statue won first prize.
In the Jewish, Christian and Islamic, a fallen angel is an angel who has been expelled from heaven for disobeying or rebelling against God's commands. According to the most famous legends, after the First War in Heaven, many angels were cast out, thus becoming fallen angels. The best-known fallen angel is Lucifer in history, although this word is never used to refer to a fallen angel in the Bible. When Lucifer is expelled from heaven, he happens to be called Satan.

It is said that this is the only sculpture dedicated to a fallen angel that exists in the world. When the mayor of the city hired a group of historians to publish a book in 2003, researchers concluded that the statue of Satan was the only upright in a world capital, said Belen Sacristan, spokeswoman for the Department of Urban Planning Madrid City Hall.
The statue depicts a beautiful angel Lucifer (as described in the Bible, the most beautiful), his mouth half open with terror and evil snakes around his body, looking at the sky as he falls from it. Not many people that walk around know what it represents, there are many who confuse him with Cupid, the God of love.

The Church never protested the existence of the statue in Madrid, since it does not exalt the devil, but a faithful representation of the story of the Bible, said Manuel Bru, spokesman for the archdiocese of Madrid. However, the statue has already been controversial in the past. Many people protested the launch by its location in the Retiro Park and some priests came to exorcise! Del Rio said that in the 1940 and 1950 the sculpture was the focal point for satanic rituals, and said the Franco government studied the possibility of removing the park so that police could avoid these rituals. After the removal of the statue of Francisco Franco from the Plaza de San Juan de la Cruz in 2005 some people called for the ‘Devil Statue’s’ removal. It is said in Madrid, there are currently more than 20 sects but no longer practice satanic rituals around the statue.

The statue, sculpted by Ricardo Belliver, stands at the top of the enormous Fountain of the Fallen Angel, which created quite a controversy upon its inauguration in 1877. Many ‘Madrileños’ were disturbed by the idea of the Devil being presented as a sympathetic, almost beautiful figure and scandalized by the fact that the monument was to be officially dedicated to the Dark One.
Another curiosity is that it is at exactly 666 (number of the beast) meters above sea level.
I hope you enjoyed it.

edit on 16-11-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

In the Jewish, Christian and Islamic, a fallen angel is an angel who has been expelled from heaven for disobeying or rebelling against God's commands.

You need to fix your sources. In Judaism no Angel has rebel against God. So it's impossible for an Angel to fall.
Satan in Judaism
Satan is Islam
Satan in Islam
Satan was a Jinn; not an Angel as said in the Jewish or Christian Bible.
Yes Christianity does teach that Angels can rebel. Yet Judaism and Islam say different.
Angels in Islam
Since Angels in Judaism and Islam have no free will they cannot rebel against God.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That is a really beautiful statue and post.

I always wondered why satan isn't portrayed more, given he is a major player in many religions. I always felt you need to embrace the good and bad in everything. But then again, I don't believe in good or bad, it is what it is.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

In the Jewish, Christian and Islamic, a fallen angel is an angel who has been expelled from heaven for disobeying or rebelling against God's commands.

You need to fix your sources. In Judaism no Angel has rebel against God. So it's impossible for an Angel to fall.
Satan in Judaism
Satan is Islam
Satan in Islam
Satan was a Jinn; not an Angel as said in the Jewish or Christian Bible.
Yes Christianity does teach that Angels can rebel. Yet Judaism and Islam say different.
Angels in Islam
Since Angels in Judaism and Islam have no free will they cannot rebel against God.

Rev. 12:7-10,
"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

Anyway im not here to debate that and this aint the thread.
Just wanted to make this known as I think its quite cool, I had'nt seen it before.
Thanks for reading.

Thanks for those links BTW, niceone

Plus the Djiin are from the Qu'ran and explained in sutra 72, they are an entirley different race.
The Dajjal is Satan in the Qu'ran.
According to the Qu'ran of cos. Im no expert.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Jews reject the New Testament! As well the Muslims don't follow either the Jewish or Christian Bible. You'll be surprised how different these three groups are. No wonder none of them can make lasting peace. Sorry for derailing your thread. I just needed to set the record straight with these faiths.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

No its cool mate

I know what you meen but this statue depicts the King James version of the madness.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I never seen this statue/water or anything else like it. Pretty neat and weird. I wonder why it was built. Maybe to scare people.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Hehe, maybe man who knows.
The modus operandi of the day was to scare people, a bit like today.
You know it wasn't that long ago that people in Spain still paid the priest for their entrance into Heaven.
They paid for not going to Hell, crazy.
That statue said, this is what will happen to you.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Very interesting and beautiful.
Thanks for posting this!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Well one of my ancestors was Agustín Argüelles I should know what the Spanish feared in the pass to today.
The past is a mystery to me.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Surely the Vatican Only Knows...
Dr. Octagon
tell us about your zodiac,
catch 2 fish?
how is that?

Look at the Gargoyle things at the bottom of the fountain.
I see a bull, a tiger, I see an alligator, a snake, a dragon.

666 degrees above sea level is NO COINCEDENCE
Spain, Rome,
what do you know?

I never heard of this before, now I am Interested.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

You lost me honest.
Could you explain that please?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Very beautiful statue. Lucifer as the Illuminator, the Light Bearer, the One who bestowed knowledge upon mankind is extremely romanticized in Luciferian ideology. It's actually very interesting, enlightening, and entertaining research. I'm not talking about Satanism. Yes, Luciferianism and Satanism are different.

Romantic Rebel is correct, in Islam Satan/Shaytan/Iblis is a Jinn. Islam teaches that angels are incapable of disobeying God, because their sole purpose and creation is to serve God.

Islamic Teachings:

• Angel: Created from Light. No Free Will. Created to only obey and serve God.

• Jinn: Created from smokeless fire. They have Free Will. Some are God-Fearing and some are not. They can fly, shape-shift, move about invisibly, and whisper into the heart's of humans.

• Humans: Created from Dirt, Dust, Mud, and Clay and infused with the "Breath of God." They have Free Will. Some are God-Fearing and some are not. Created with the power to name things and create. Given knowledge, mental capacity, and powers that Jinn and Angels lack.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Thank you Sahabi for your words

Yes it is a nice statue.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Have you ever read any Luciferian ideology? I wouldn't say I believe in it, but I do find the subject extremely interesting. Even the way Hidden Hand presented Lucifer was romantic.

Lucifer literally means, "Light Bearer" in Latin. He is said to be so in that he is the one that enlightened, illuminated knowledge to mankind. God created humans as naive, child-like beings. Lucifer saved us from our ignorance by giving us Knowledge and the first catalyst for Free Will; eating the Forbidden Fruit.

We know that every story has 2 sides. Lucifer's side says he isn't the bad guy, humans are the only bad guy. As illustrated in the Bible by the story of Job, Lucifer only does what he is permitted to do by the approval of God. He is the catalyst of Free Will. He never did anything wrong. It is us Humans that do all of the evil and sinful things. All Lucifer does is make suggestions to us and whisper in our hearts. It is our responsibility and our fault for what choices we make. Lucifer never killed, raped, or hurt anyone. It is always us humans wronging ourselves and others. Even in Islam Lucifer is called "The Whisperer."

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Romantic as in Roman-tic. I wonder who's face they used for that statue. He looks alot like Alexander.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
neat thread, grassyash! but I doo's seize a problemo with "fallen" and "commandments"

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.-Galatians5.4

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.-Ephesians2.14

Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”-John6.32

So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being” ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.-1Corinthians15.45

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

edit on 16-11-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Who knows. All the old paintings and sculptures are thick with symbology. Just at first glance, I see the serpent is there and also a dove is on his leg, "gentle as doves, wise as serpents." Then again, I'm assuming that is a dove, in all honesty I haven't a clue. But if it is, the dove is a symbol for the Holy Spirit.

The whole concept of serpents bother me - I hate snakes, not even little friendly snakes. I call myself a Christian because I believe Jesus to be the Messiah but the one thing that I have a hard time with is the potential serpent in the ark. The Ark of the Covenant is said to house, the tablets of Moses, a jar of manna and Aaron's rod. Some say that the rod was at the door of the 'Tent of Meeting.' But all I can remember is Aaron throwing his rod on the ground in front of Pharroh and it turning into a serpent, gobbling up the other serpents. Maybe there are good serpents and bad serpents. Again, who knows?Lol

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Did a net search on Ricardo Bellver "El Ángel Caído" (Fallen Angel) to get a better look at that dove you noticed. Turns out it's not part of the sculpture, it's a real bird. I didn't even notice it till you mentioned it xD

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Notice the base, the guardians and the pillar are eight sided? Looks like a gateway to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join