It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad feeling about things falling from the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hey, I'm new here and signed up primarily for some of the other topics but wanted to share a new feeling I have been having. I can't stop thinking about somthing dangerous falling, like I don't want to be out in the open for fear of getting hit by it.

I seem somewhat sensitive to certain events. For some unknown reason the day befor the concode crash, I for mentioned the concorde's safety record in an office meeting, and after that had a jinx sort of feeling for the rest of the day.

I was in the Colima earthquake last year, and for some reason that morning I knew there was was going to be a earthquake. I even told my wife. I was not supprised or scared when it happened, even though I had never felt one before.

Anyone else having this "sky phobia"?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Not really.. Other then the near miss in September, which will most likely miss us by several million miles, theres nothing in the sky to fall.

Other then miniscule meteors which has been happening all over the world on a regular basis.

As for your "foresight" of sensing bad things to come.. well, sensing that 'something' is going to fall out of the sky is quite vague.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
But seriously, folks... I think a number of people have mentioned feeling meteorites would be falling or having dreams of the same.

Do you live in a volcano zone? Maybe some 'blowout' debris perhaps.

God forbid the 'falling things' are like bombs or something!

Any feeling *when* this might occur?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There does seem to be a big increase in meteor sightings.

I wonder why alot these aren't being reported in mainstream (not newsworthy enough I guess)....

another one in New Zealand xtramsn.co.nz...

One in Missouri (very surprised little was reported of this one) freeinternetpress.com.../06/20/0542230&mode=thread

www.news-leader.com...

One in Oklahoma (the story is gone, but the heading is still on google - second one down) news.google.com...

I'm sure there are probably more...

[edit on 30-6-2004 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hi AMP!

Well, there's been lots of discussions about this, typically (here) about the "Aussie Bloke" hoax, which you can access in this thread. Be warned, there are lot's of pages here!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I know it's vague, I'm not pretending to have a highly developed set of skills in these matters. I'm not really making a "prediction" per se, but other than the two examlpes I posted above I, have also had these sorts of "dread" feelings before that lead up to certain events, major or minor, and preocupation with these fellings seems to go away after said event.

I live in a fairly stable place as far as geology is concerned, so not volcano fallout. But you are right, it's more that kind of danger I'm feeing, like a bunch of things weighing a few hunderd pounds, rather than a house sized metior type of thing, although when I was quite young I did have several dreams about large glowing red meteors that fell softly like balloons, but I don't feel they are related.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Absinthe Minded Professor]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absinthe Minded Professor
Hey, I'm new here and signed up primarily for some of the other topics but wanted to share a new feeling I have been having. I can't stop thinking about somthing dangerous falling, like I don't want to be out in the open for fear of getting hit by it.

Anyone else having this "sky phobia"?

probably a whole lot of iraqis! but seriously, maybe this is a side effect of living through the cold war? the "cult of the bomb" and all that.. living in fear of what will fall from the skies?

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This reminds me of the dream i had where there was a large comet that we were looking at then when it got dark a bunch of meteorites started to fall and the neighborhoods power went out. basically went into a state of emergency.. was a pretty cool dream though

i'm not going to write the whole dream out here, but i just remembered another dream about an airplane flying across my town, then something exploded, and the plane went spiralling down. when it hit the ground, i was looking out my window, a huge explosion followed where i had to shield my eyes because it was so bright. two days later 911 happened, but the dream didn't click until a few days after it happened. then another dream where a plane went down for some reason (i forget the details of this dream) then 2 days later that plane crashed happened on long island sound.. BUT im not saying i am predicting things here through dreams, just thought it was weird that i had those at the time.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Isn't that the 'word' tho'? First trial by water (the great flood) and then the second trial by fire (fire falling from the sky)? You know... 'punishments' for mankind and all that stuff?

Hopefully, you won't get slogged by burning molten chunks of sky-bombs. Nothing like those vague but unsettling feelings, right?

Auntie Em! Auntie Em! Maybe it's debris from a tornado flying around (?) but if you are feeling meteorites... then meteroites, it is! Yikes!

(Just so we know... what part of the world (or the USA) are you located, so the rest of us can relax a little?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well, I live in Calgary, so unless you are comming up for the "Stampede" you have nothing to worry about.

Hm, as I type this my palms went all sweaty thinking about the Stampede. Related? This is getting weird.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
There does seem to be a big increase in meteor sightings.

I wonder why alot these aren't being reported in mainstream (not newsworthy enough I guess)....

another one in New Zealand xtramsn.co.nz...

One in Missouri (very surprised little was reported of this one) freeinternetpress.com.../06/20/0542230&mode=thread

www.news-leader.com...

One in Oklahoma (the story is gone, but the heading is still on google - second one down) news.google.com...

I'm sure there are probably more...

[edit on 30-6-2004 by ThatsJustWeird]

Nothing that hasnt been going on for several YEARS before now.

Lemme just throw a real quick link out, I glanced through it when the whole Aussie Bloke we're-all-gonna-die thread was started. People kept talking about the recent "increase" in meteor sitings....

www.meteorobs.org...

Scan through the archives.. meteors have been sighted and reported monthly for years.. its just now for some odd reason getting media attention...

Deny Ignorance..

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absinthe Minded Professor
Well, I live in Calgary, so unless you are comming up for the "Stampede" you have nothing to worry about.

Hm, as I type this my palms went all sweaty thinking about the Stampede. Related? This is getting weird.

Get along lil' doggie!
Here's a link to the 'Stampede':

calgarystampede.com...

But, seriously Absinthe M P, are your palms all sweaty over the Stampede because of the 'dates' it'll be going on perhaps? Perhaps you might invest in some fireproof clothing or FireMen's gear (?) Gee... I hope there's not going to be a big forest fire and flying embers are blowing all over the place! I was driving through Toronto once and the whole town was filled with smoke from some forest fire to the west of town. Cough Cough Choke Choke

Edit/PS: Yellowstone is said to be on top of a 'super volcano' which is reportedly about to BLOW!!!!

www.earthmountainview.com...

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Cattlespy]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
We are starting to see a lot more asteroids coming close to earth, because we are now looking at/for them.

Joke, couldn't resist

Seriously: I don't believe that the statisical probablity is any higher now than ever. But the fact that we are looking means when our number comes up perhaps we will be able to do something about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Do ya think the poor dinosaurs had 'dreams' of impending doom or kaboom - as the case may be?

I remember reading somewhere that in the northern climes in Europe/Russia 'they' (scientists/archaeologists, whatever) found fossils of dinosaurs that were like RUNNING with 'fresh grass' (well, fossilized by then - no doubt) in their stomachs.. (I realize that sounds stupid, but..) like they were just chowing down on some groovy grass when an asteroid hit and blew the world to bits and they got 'caught' with their little dinosaurs pants down, so to speak
Maybe the 'remains' they found were in the frozen earth and they hadn't decomposed so much - like that huge elephant lookin' dino they found in Siberia not too long ago (that they wanted to CLONE - OMG!)

FLEE! FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh no... wait.. there's NO WHERE TO GO!!! (You can run, but you cannot hide!)

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Fire falling from the sky during the stampede? They hold the snow birds show right around there too dont they?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Sounds a little too much like the plot to "The Stinky Cheese Man" to me, but you never know.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yea i've been reading these post for awhile most of them contradict each other,So..i'm now worried here's what i mean

They say they see 2090 ( but the world will end in 2012 )? most of them are contradicting

TPL

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cattlespy
that huge elephant lookin' dino they found in Siberia not too long ago (that they wanted to CLONE - OMG!

A mammoth?

LL1

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Here you can check on what may fall our way.

www.asteroidoccultation.com...

top topics

join