It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skynet, are you ready for it.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
....Because it's coming and it's sooner than later.

With technology to create artificial human cells that can reproduce, create blood from flesh, embed a microchip and make the blind see again, create computer software that can read human behavior and deceive us by adopting different logical paths to a common ending and then add bio-printers that can "print" human cells into a 3D copy of any human part, we can grow lungs in a lab....Let's not forget that we can now create Exoskeletons that are fully functional and are stronger than any human and there are more software programs out there that can control any kind of robotics we can make.

When you start looking at the big picture, can you see what I see.....Global networking, global economy, global security sharing and all of the above mentioned stuff can easily amount to a Skynet scenario something fast, no ?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well I think we have all pondered that theory.

But I respectfully disagree.

I see the opposite.

Small government, small economy, small business.

The reasoning for this scenario to be possible is our terms of communication. When government was small, waiting was the factor. If government was small today, room for growth would be the factor.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I understand but it only takes one person with one idea to bring it all together and we have the "perfect" human/android combination, then when you take into consideration that the internet can reach 95% or more of computers and main frames out there in the U.S. including Nasa, DOD, NATO, CIA, FBI, and I leave the rest of the countries out.

I'm not being paranoid, just looking at an overview from more than three steps away and thinking that if a mere mortal like myself can approximate the possibility of connecting the dots, imagine what the big wigs are capable of!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The biggest catalyst to skynet being a successful reality (if you want to look at it that way) is Artificial Intelligence. The premise for the setup is something that Mankind has yet to actually create. We have created programs to mimic intelligence however intelligence is defined as being able to make logical decisions and learn. It is also to have full understanding of theories, thought capacity etc. Our programs merely mimic this. Sure we have the means for a creator of machines to control them or set them on auto-pilot to take over the world however there could not be a complete skynet vs human war. It would be over very quickly, the machines don't have understanding of damage, pain, etc so an order to destroy all humans would result in nuclear missiles being fired off destroying themselves in the process.

There are so many things that are just theoretical impossibilities that at the moment skynet is inconceivable until certain barriers are overcome.

I hope I'm not coming across as condescending or arrogant but this is just my take on it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think that we are much closer to a Skynet type of architecture or system than most people do. To be quite honest I think that Google is pretty close to it now as far as monitoring and privacy is concerned. Google may not be involved in fake lungs and exo skeletons, but they certainly have the capability of supplying the Operating Systems and other needed systems and software to produce some sort of Terminator type of scenario. Google is VERY dangerous, and they are in bed with the Government. I personally feel that Google is one of the Government's main source of domestic intel, although that will probably never be proven.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
im on your wavelength buddy.
it gets to the point where you have to ask yourself if were creating ourselves in lab then what does that make us?
does it mean that we can recreate ourselves? and if so does it mean that were some kind of biological computer, with alot of complexity. i believe so.

And i start wondering weather maybe we were created by other beings out there and they then left us to be evolved by the cosmos and maybe when we reach the point of creating ourselves in the labs we'll send them somewhere and seed them? sounds a bit wild but seriously think about it. if you knew that as the truth and addresed it as that on national news people would just say its dam crazy but then again maybe the mass arent ready to hear something like that because of our conditioning.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Not condescending at all. But research artificial intelligence and you will see that we are far past mimicking, software or firmware written for toys now try to outsmart humans, try playing an electronic chess game or get your old Merlin game out plus this is a quote from an article I've just finishes reading: "Georgia Tech's new robot, which uses algorithms to detect conflict and then assess the best method of escaping from it, can create a false trail, send erroneous communications and hide from an enemy." This is just a small part of what can be used against humans, it learns and not only mimics. We can create soccer playing robots with the skills to create their own strategies for winning a game. These are just simple and stand alone firmware or software programs in different areas of robotics but I'm absolutely positive that someone out there can "put them together" so to speak.

To infect or take over the Net, all it would take is a worm like virus, plus if the consenting scenario is a plausible on, the worm virus would be installed willingly so that it can me "aware". With all the information on the internet and on "private" servers, don't you think that a computer program that is made "aware" of the world around it can't "ingest", "intellectualize" , calculate and become self aware thus capable of determining what is best for us humans and what is best for itself ? You don't necessarily have to think about the end of the world with a Skynet scenario but mot of a "policing" agenda such as security monitoring, communication scanning, medical applications and so on....We could be more than happy and satisfied with such a new world until one day we become the nuisance and the computer ultimately doesn't need us anymore.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
omit
edit on 16-11-2010 by Stryker Ops because: wrong thread

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Very good points! I think that if someone was sick enough to program the algorithms for a computer to carry out certain actions then yes it is possible. The thing about it though is they have not been able to create Artificial Intelligence. Artificial Intelligence is based on computational science that allows the medium (robot, computer, machine) to make a decision. These decisions are pre-loaded into the program which runs the medium. There is no original thought for this so a machine would never engage in a violent action unless it was programmed to do so based on the computational science that resides within it. That is why I offer that Artificial Intelligence hasn't been created yet.

You are Intelligent and therefore can make decisions without already having experienced or having algorithms pre-programmed in your head. A robot, computer, machine cannot.

Skynet is possible if someone is sick enough to program a machine to thoughtlessly engage in violent behavior towards humans. Do people exist that are that sick? YES! so I guess skynet is closer to reality than we think. I guess robotics needs to catch up then. US Military installations have an automated drone for driving patterns on the ground or following a predetermined route however lacks the capability to engage without interaction from a human.

We should ask "What would it take to make Skynet a reality?" Someone will have to clarify the requirements for Skynet in that manner and all robotics, programming will need to catch up. In that respect I think we're still far from Skynet once you take a look at the entire scope of what needs to be accomplished.

Sorry for the lengthy response.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There is no need to go as far as robots and AI for there to be the rise of the SKYNET, but quite simply with the advancement of weapons and the fall of "conformatity" it would become easy for the powers that be to create semi "mind numbed" individuals to carry out the works.

Imageine a cyborg type race! it makes sense genetically to modify rather that recreate whats already here. Afterall what we saying is that to create a SKYNET type thinging ma gig then they would need intelligent beings capable of learning. .......... I know one of them ME.

We're everywhere, and it would only take a NWO army with a new drive, a promise of a life outside of the rebellion.

Who knows!!!!
If there is going to be a SKYNET, Shotgun being Arnie

I'll be back...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Skynet will become a reality when basic hunger, hoarding routines are satisfied. ie mining raw materials and creative manufacturing.

Lets keep in mind that every device that can communicate has a back door right from assembly. There is a fringe repository of these articles and official ones as well. The thing is, once systems write and evolve their own code in future neural networks we could easily be seen as a problem/leech/parasite in the supply chain.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The artificial intelligence that is not created in "real life" is however invented in our gaming world and could very well be assimilated in to a forever learning software. Like I mentioned before, it's all about connecting the dots.

In what we have programmed over the years, there is enough scenarios for a computer to assume that it is sentient and alive by taking in all of the computer algorithms that we have programmed for all and any electronics and gaming out on the free market. If "pre decided programed algorithms are allowed to kill humans in a game what is to say that an immensely intelligent computer would adopt such "gaming" algorithms and create a hate for human withing itself ?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm honestly surprised T-1000 isn't here already...

and AI is closer than you think, its just a matter of computing power, once they are capable of making bio-computer chips that instead of chips or transistors use "cells" it will be available and at a level that is beyond frightening to think about.

The only down-fall to a machine would be inability to reproduce and heal. Other than that it will effectively have humans beat in every possible area.

AI:

If you think about "Intelligence" in general isn't it a myriad of things working together all of which are required for intelligence?

I can think of 5 aspects of intelligence that come in this order:

Sensory - recording of information/data
Memory- storage of sensory recordings for analysis/interpretation
Learning - pattern recognition
Analysis - information/data organization/labeling/statistics
Interpretation - information/data categorization

Basically 5 different heavy duty software programs designed to work together to collect, store, retrieve, analyze/interpret and ultimately LEARN from the data patterns.

Isn't that what we are ultimately doing when we are learning? Is recognizing a pattern of events and interpreting those events in a dualistic sense to accommodate a "objective" or "goal"?

I guess my question is, would it be possible to create software programs that operate in this manner? IF so then why isn't AI here? Why haven't the geniuses of the world come up with a computer that can learn from sensory input?

Of course the amount of learning would be directly proportional to the amount of sensory input being collected aka "artificial life experience".

One of the other aspects of Robotic Humanoids that apparently seems to be a big issue to conquer is getting a robot to successfully navigate in a bipedal fashion terrain, even flat terrain??

Why could they not use the same concept humans use to create an equilibrium? Couldn't a sphere coated in nano-sensors be filled with a conductive liquid (mercury?) that the sensor can detect the amount of fluid floating around and and the angle at which it is positioned within the sphere to determine the position of the "robot" and initiate a counter-force to create artificial balance?

The robot would utilize the software programs discussed previously to record, store, retrieve and analyze the data collected from the "artificial equilibrium" to thus eventually recognize patterns and learn to "walk" from trial and error.

If the software was designed to take the "artificial equilibrium" data and had the ultimate objective of "balance" based on the center of gravity based on the weight/dimensions of the robot which would be hard-coded into the software system wouldn't theoretically a robot then be capable to walk upright?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
From : 'Smart dust' aims to monitor everything: Hewlett-Packard

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Scroll down the page to the comment by IgnoranceIsntBlisss ...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Again, yesterday on the science channel, I was watching a show and they were showing the actual body part 3d printer. This thing was absolutely off the shelf HP home printer with a few lab modifications.From ears to arteries and even a heart valve these parts were "printed" and then made functional in the lab !!! Incredible !!!

Thee was also talk about a smart software being used for an Avatar program, this software was self learning with a data bank for ever growing from conversations held with humans. Basic information was programed to recognize emotional responses in humans based on facial excretions, body language and tone of voice and to be honest, it was awesome to watch but freaky as hell how fast the avatar could formulate personal question based on basic questions it would ask you, so effectively this software is actually self learning.

Now remember, this is technology we are seeing on basic television, not the stuff being developed in military or government entities.

It fascinates me to think that one day we will have "slave robots", it also fascinates me how much we take for granted that we would always have to upper hand on the machines that we are building, with all the technology that we are inventing, using and perfecting everyday, to me a global neural net computer is inevitable, Skynet will be reality and we will welcome it with open arms.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Blame US for it. All robot technology to kill comes from it.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by makemap
Blame US for it. All robot technology to kill comes from it.

What ???

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Still think Skynet is far away....read the following then tell me that a program, virus, worm can not adapt, learn, mask and "kill" !!!

www.foxnews.com...

This is the closest example made public thus yet !!!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ok...Call me paranoid here...LOL But do this for me ok....

Go to Google and type: Skynet

check out the results:

1- In the Terminator series, Skynet is the main antagonist — an artificially intelligent system which became self-aware and revolted against its creators.... ( ok, we all know what this is adn is the model we are looking for in the real world or at least the makings of )

2- Skynet may refer to: Skynet (satellites), a UK military communications ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet -
Skynet is a family of military satellites, now operated by Paradigm Secure ...
( Ok so now we've for satellites under the name Skynet )

3- Shipping - Worldwide Express from Skynet : SkyNet.com offers a complete online services for shipment preparation, package tracking, shipment rates and tools ...
(Notice the tracking aspect here and the world wide access )

4- Wireless Fiber Optics High Speed Internet Service Provider | Fournisseur Internet Haute Vitesse Fibre Optique Sans Fil. www.skynetcanada.com/
( Nice, now Skynet is in to fiber optics....Hummm...Fastest way to move information across the planet....)

5- SkyNET is a sky chart program for .NET. It works under Mono using the Gtk# library, and more limited Qt# and #WT frontends are provided now. ...
( A sky chart program...Hummm...Aren't these Skynet robots pilotless ????)

6- SkyNET is an information technology solutions provider. We take pride in being innovative and in offering one-stop-service solutions to our clients. ...
( Notice the one stop shop solution, wasn't this the whole point of Skynet to begin with ??? )

7- Skynet is a proven leader in fixed satellite services. Relied on by enterprises, governments, ... providers, and media/entertainment industries, Skynet ...www.thinkskynet.com/
( Fixes satellites for enterprizes and governement..Humm...How convenient ...)

8- SkyNet is a broadband solutions and infrastructure company, with 12 years wireless experience, and a specialty in the areas ...www.skynetip.com/
( Broadband....ain't that a way to communicate wireless ???...)

9- Skynet Electronics was established in 1979 and specializes in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of linear, switching power supplies and ...www.skynetusa.com
(Computer supplies....wow....)

Now you can draw your own conclusions and I'm just pointing out that all of the above could easily be used together in a mishmash agglomeration to produce the infrastructure and hardware necessary for Skynet as we have come to see it in the movies.

All that would be missing from this recipe would be a self learning software and and way to infiltrate all mainframe computers....Oh...Humm....Did your read my above post about the Iranian WORM ??? Also...Research " self learning robots" plus...take a page from the computer chess game for strategical implementation in all this ......

We have all that it takes to make it happen, or we have created it and it will be unleashed eventually.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If it all means that eventually I will be able to browse pr0n from my brain (ie internet implant), then sign me up, lets do this. I am ready.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join