It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Preview of Kerry Foreign Policy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Djarums, do you not think it would be in Americas best interest to try and actually make some friends for once?

Smokers, absolutely. Making friends in the world is a very important thing for any country. That is, of course, one of the primary purposes of a sound foreign policy, secondary only to self preservation.

I was in no way implying that isolationism is where we should end up. Nor do I believe hostile policies are the way to go either.

All I was saying was that the same way Chirac is supposed to do what's best for France, and Blair should do what's best for England and all the way down the line, so too is whoever gets elected in 2004 supposed to do what's best for this country. That may conflict with the UN's interests. It's possible. And what is important in that sense is for the President to remember he wasn't elected by the UN, he was elected by the citizens of the US and that is who's interests he is supposed to protect first and foremost.

If as stated above, that quote was taken out of context and misinterpereted, please realize I'm happy to hear that. The thought of a President of this country shaping a foreign policy based on the interests of other countries before his was disturbing. If that's not what Kerry said, I'm thrilled to have it corrected.

<< 1  2   >>

join