It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to attain happiness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Tonight I am happy.

Being happy is a rare and beautiful state. And I don't think I have ever achieved happiness until now.

But you can attain happiness through simple things. Maybe it takes 3.

I became happy because my son got 85% in tax law, which he thought he had failed, and because my niece told me I am a super person, and because I remembered the people I am helping through donations.

I hope everyone can reach this beautiful stage of happiness.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'm not happy right now and I don't know why. I don't have any reason to be unhappy but I don't think it is based in my reasons. I felt bad and was laying down having some peace and quiet but my refrigerator won't stop making this god awful noise and I can't get a stupid song out of my head no matter what. I shouldn't feel so grumpy but I do. perhaps it is that horrible headache I woke up with from having the heater on too high or maybe it's that I feel so aimless. Kinda bored. Pretty uninterested in all the usual crap. I don't even want to be listening to music right now if it weren't for that other stupid song I keep playing in my head uncontrollably. It's not logical to feel this way today but I feel sort of disconnected and I wasn't feeling that way at all. I don't know what happened. I feel lonely today.

I really have no excuses. Perhaps it's just a feeling that will pass.
I shouldn't feel this unmotivated.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

I want to ask you, and others, if any of you stay happy? I mean, has anyone mastered life to an extent where happiness transcends from being just a way-station in the long journey of life, to actually being a destination?

I do find happiness in small things in life. I smile for a moment; I think I am happy for a moment, but then that moment dissolves, and I am left wondering when time will grace me with another one of those moments...I don't find it hard to reach happiness, so to speak. But staying there...that's a problem. And it's the "hanging in there" that aches....do I need to see Dr. Phil, or does anyone else have a similar feeling?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Happiness is a fleeting thing.

Some people never feel it.

I would say, just be grateful you have felt it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Hi Chaos,

I think the magic number for happiness might be 3.

If you do a few good things, maybe you will reach happiness - it is a difficult thing to reach.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Tonight I am happy.

Being happy is a rare and beautiful state. And I don't think I have ever achieved happiness until now.

But you can attain happiness through simple things. Maybe it takes 3.

I became happy because my son got 85% in tax law, which he thought he had failed, and because my niece told me I am a super person, and because I remembered the people I am helping through donations.

You are truly happy for another person,and that is great and very positive.

Is happiness not different from person to person?Some people are happy because they are healthy or have a relation where they feel happy in,some people are just happy for no significant reason,happiness start inside your self, happiness defenitly influence other people's moods.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

Thank you, Q,

I just want to repeat that happiness is a difficult thing to get. People engaged in warfare are not happy - that is the truth.

And I wish all happiness to you.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Yes I can stay happy now at all times but never before. A wise man said an everyday person can not achieve three straight good days in his whole life.... Life is a suffering but so few realize it until they get very old and very sick.

Since I started self-cultivation in Falun Dafa I can stay happy at all times when hardship strikes me(I can even appreciate hardship now whereas before I was devastated). Because I have found the magic key I was looking for my whole life. Now I have health, good sleep, serenity and peace of mind.

/Zhen-Shan-Ren(truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance) is good, Falun Dafa is good.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
My key to happiness is to smile.

When a stranger is having a bad day and you walk by and give them a smile it changes their day.

Try it one time, pick a stranger anywhere and give them a big smile. It is in our human nature to smile back. Don't do it creepy though.

And all those times in your mind when your thinking great thoughts about someone, feel free to express them. When you niece called you a super person that got to you. Could you imagine what life would be like if everyone expressed those thoughts?

For some weird reason we have been conditioned to keep in the good thoughts but feel free to express the negative ones, you see people bickering/arguing/fighting all the time, and that seems to be the norm.

And one more thing, hugs. Nothing feels better than a real hug. Not one of those one armed crappy ones, but a real full embrace one. Next time you have a real hug pay attention to your feeling after, it's almost weird how much it can affect you.

So yeah, I have 3 things too.

Awesome intro...

Pred...
edit on 16-11-2010 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Chaos,

Freedom and happiness equal helping others.

I promise you, if you help other people, you are free, and might find happiness.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Arrius

Happiness is a fleeting thing.

Some people never feel it.

I would say, just be grateful you have felt it.

I guess that's true. Those moments, I do cherish, and I am grateful for them. But it's the empty feeling that bridges those moments that eat me on the inside. It's weird, and maybe I am not mature enough to understand that "not happy" is not the same as "sad," you know what I mean? But it feels that way....and life makes me go, "Ah."

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

I had to Google Falun Dafa, and after reading a bit about it, I am intrigued by it, I must say. I will try to dig deeper, and learn more about its ways...thanks.

I am glad you have achieved that stage/state, where you can stay happy. I have tried to train myself, spiritually, to cultivate that feeling in my heart, but that skill evades me. Maybe, in time...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Yes, Life makes us all go "WHAT?"

But I believe the true link, and what will make you happy, is to help others.

Even if you just say hello to someone.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Hi, Arrius,

Believe me - I won't stay happy - I just had that fleeting feeling this evening.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I have to say, ...

Now that I think of it..... I am happy just about everyday.

Simply " be " happy. Imagine you are what you wish to be, and your body and mind will follow suit.

Dont think of what you don't have, ... but what you have.

Most people dont appreciate things untill their gone, your health, your children, whatever it may be. You have the chance to express and experience the world in any fashion you choose, there is incredible beauty and freedom in this.

If you had a toothache, .... you would writhe and wish you could go back to the state you now occupy, yet here you are, .... now, ... without a toothache, or any other multitude of painful, depressing factors......... appreciate it.

The sun is shining, the world is your playground, .... and anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Yes, positive thinking is an amazing weapon.

But feeling happy is an elusive thing.

Sometimes even positive thinking cannot arrive at happiness.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I agree with a lot of these things... especially that some never feel happiness and to be grateful for having ever felt it, but can't that just make a person feel guilty? I like helping people too, but sometimes helping people can make you feel resentful inside... but these are just random side thoughts. No reason to dwell too much on negative things not at hand.

I'm usually a pretty happy person... and yes, I should be grateful. I am. I'm actually not all that unhappy.
I just feel sort of disconnected compared to how I felt yesterday or the day before. It's really not all that bad. It's just in contrast so now I wonder if how I felt before was all just my imagination. It's hard to explain. I think it's important to feel connected to something, isn't it? Do you all feel connected to something? I do a lot of the time but it isn't in such a wide sense, like a connection to the world for example. I don't really feel connected to the world but I feel connected to family members. Sometimes I might forget the things I am connected to or when I do remember the things I am connected to it makes me feel scared for them and still feel a sense of feeling very small, both me and them, alone in a world with only what I consider is mine... but know to remind myself of the larger importance those things, even when I feel small and insignificant... and I do try. However lately I have felt more connected to something completely different and although it's hard for me to put into words, it makes me feel complete and to turn around and feel a sense of erasure in the regard makes me feel that I should question that... and that is what I was meaning to do by my post.
Like something seems missing and where did it go? Maybe I just misplaced that sense of connection and am being somewhat ignorant and it will pass or maybe it was all in my head... and that makes me sad.
maybe I shouldn't feel that way in light of all the lost souls in the world but that just makes everything seem hopeless. Even if I was connected to something that made me happy, should I get to be? Maybe I shouldn't get to be happy so it really wouldn't surprise me if I was deluded.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Wow, difficult post.

My advice is still the magic 3 - help 3 people or things - animals or whatever - and maybe things will become clearer for you.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
For me being happy would be staying away from people period.

2nd line

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Yes, Andy.

People suck.

Unfortunately we are people.

So make friends with animals - they are nicer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join