It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Cantona (ex soccer star) talks about french bankrun.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I don't follow soccer but apparently this guys pretty famous. I wonder if this will catch on in America if the french are successful?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
nice thread ..Eric Cantona is very famous and he was very good soccer player but i dont think there will be huge wihdrawal of money on 7th december , there is not yet critical mass and good organisation for such a huge operation.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Eric is a legend, but I agree this is too little too late, it needs at least 12 months momentum for something like this to take hold and gain support.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Maybe so, but maybe a gradual withdrawl is the best way anyways. If there is a bank run they'll just shut the doors.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm……. I guess in theory this could work, although you really don’t need to pull all the deposits out of the banks. Due to fractional reserve banking you probably only need to withdraw 20% to 30% screw their balance sheets up. A typical bank has its deposits leveraged up to 80-90% so if you removed 20% or more of their reserve deposits you would most likely put the bank in an over leveraged situation.
But I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I just saw this on youtube.

So glad there was a thread about it here on ATS. Only problem is, it has been buried.

Anyone who reads this thread, please bump with a reply.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
[font=Trebuchet MS]

Le Run on The Bank.

To make us more effective I will particularly focus my efforts on the French bank which is the most fragile in defense due to its position in the derivatives markets, Société Générale.

I don't care what you think as long as you keep talking of the soft lead!

I am not a man, I'm Cantona.

[/font]

new topics

top topics

join