It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain 'Still a World Force'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Britain

uk.news.yahoo.com

David Cameron will deny that Britain is in "decline" internationally despite economic woes, severe defence cuts and the rapid growth of economies such as China.

The Prime Minister will insist the country is still "at the centre" of major global decisions and remains a "great economic power" and a key military force.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-11-2010 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Is it just me or does it seem like the ptb are trying to put a brave face on the sinking ship of UK plc?

There's been a steady decline of Britains fortunes since WW2 and it seems to be increasing in speed right now...

China is on the perpetual rise, the £ is becoming worthless and quantitive easing isn't doing the job.
The economy needs to ditch the Keynesian doctrine it's slavish to and pronto!

uk.news.yahoo.com

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Cameron knows who is behind the UK all the way and have been for centuries......THE ROTHSCHILDS.

Everything is being organised from the UK and always will be. They play their game and we believe!!

The UK will never fail as a country, its the population who will serve and obey. The current state of the UK social system and society has been years in the planning. It is the playground for the NWO. Civil rights of the English people have been chipped away and it is now one of the most policed states in the world.

The British Empire was one of the strongest in the world but they figured out like Julius Caesar that it is alot easier to get people to fight amongst each other that to try and conquer with your own money and manpower.

The England that was , will never be again but it certainly is not weaker just in disguise!!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador

Cameron knows who is behind the UK all the way and have been for centuries......THE ROTHSCHILDS.

Everything is being organised from the UK and always will be. They play their game and we believe!!

The UK will never fail as a country, its the population who will serve and obey. The current state of the UK social system and society has been years in the planning. It is the playground for the NWO. Civil rights of the English people have been chipped away and it is now one of the most policed states in the world.

The British Empire was one of the strongest in the world but they figured out like Julius Caesar that it is alot easier to get people to fight amongst each other that to try and conquer with your own money and manpower.

The England that was , will never be again but it certainly is not weaker just in disguise!!

I hear and agree with you.
What Camerons basically saying is, Britain's government and rulers have powerful armies for playing on the global stage yet the people will be serfs tied to the country because airtravel, the currency and lack of work means the poverty will skyrocket.

Yes, the country is well and truly stitched up!

The growth of TV and the media brain-rotting means any chance of Wat Tyler types or rebels to stir up the populace is minimal. So there doesn't seem to be any chance of changing government externally.
It's unlikely to come internally either. I have to say (although it pains me to say it) that the £ is finished as a world currency. Since the country exports very little, faces hard competition from Switzerland and Germany plus some of the norse country's the writings on the wall.

edit on 15-11-2010 by WatchRider because: Addition

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is something that David Cameron needs to get cracking on and the sooner it's fixed the better.
Yet the solutions that the tory's have a drops in the ocean.
You CANNOT have a large, bloated public sector leeching off the private (independent sector) it does not work.
Communist China, Eastern Europe and Russia all learned this to their cost!

Britains Debt Mountain...

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

edit on 15-11-2010 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I personally feel Britains power is waning and I think it is a good thing... time we got off the world stage and take a breather..

tho as far as that goes you only have to look back through History to see that the core of power Constantine to reunite the Roman Empire came from the armies of Britain/Gaul.. we have, on and off been a world power for 2,000 years... Elizabethan England was pretty broke, and yet we now see it as a golden age..

and then consider that today we have another British/French military treaty creating the basis for an EU Army and potentiality the enabler for a new Roman Empire to arise.

Tho at the moment we simply do not know where we are going or what is around the corner... It could be the rise of a Roman Empire, or it could be another Way Tyler or Thomas Paine that inspires the masses..

Tho I am of the opinion that nothing will stop a personality like that or a new Roman Empire from rising.. but who will win though is anyone's guess right now..
edit on 16/11/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Its probably just me but when i see certain countries use the term "world force", i can't help reading it as World farce".

No idea why.

CX.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I personally feel Britains power is waning and I think it is a good thing... time we got off the world stage and take a breather..

tho as far as that goes you only have to look back through History to see that the core of power Constantine to reunite the Roman Empire came from the armies of Britain/Gaul.. we have, on and off been a world power for 2,000 years... Elizabethan England was pretty broke, and yet we now see it as a golden age..

and then consider that today we have another British/French military treaty creating the basis for an EU Army and potentiality the enabler for a new Roman Empire to arise.

Tho at the moment we simply do not know where we are going or what is around the corner... It could be the rise of a Roman Empire, or it could be another Way Tyler or Thomas Paine that inspires the masses..

Tho I am of the opinion that nothing will stop a personality like that or a new Roman Empire from rising.. wbut ho will win though is anyone's guess right now..

Britains ptb should of stuck to fostering links with Canada, NZ, USA and the Scandinavian nations.
Instead it got stuck into the EEC (now the EU) viper pit and we've been paying the price ever since.
I think they secretly know that stronger ties with the old allys would of been better for the people but the greed factor for the politicians won out, along with dreams of castles in the sky.
Britains going to reap the whirlwing soon enough I fear.
We're stirring up a dust-devil and I have a feeling that Cameron may well find himself facing a tony bliar choice with Iran soon enough...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Is it just me or does it seem like the ptb are trying to put a brave face on the sinking ship of UK plc?

There's been a steady decline of Britains fortunes since WW2 and it seems to be increasing in speed right now...

China is on the perpetual rise, the £ is becoming worthless and quantitive easing isn't doing the job.
The economy needs to ditch the Keynesian doctrine it's slavish to and pronto!

uk.news.yahoo.com

I guess you don't know about how many of the elite are based here huh?

For one Her Royal Highness the Queen, whom personally owns the majority of the landmass on earth, then there is Lakshmi Mittal a major steel player with a networth of 27 billion, or what about Mervyn King the governor of the bank of England, or what about Stephen K. Green the Group Chairman of HSBC Holdings plc, or what about... Shall I go on??

These people dictate on the world stage.

What's more is England will be most of the way back in the black by 2015 just by internal financial management, it is the main centre of European R&D and manufacturing for the high tech sectors, not to mention has Europe’s largest steel works.

No England is not in decline, we are simply re-organising ourselves to meet the dynamic needs of an ever changing world stage.

Cheer up for goodness sake!

Korg.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
First I have to get this out of the way... France has an Army?

ok joking aside. i think its about time that both the UK and the US take a step back from the world stage and take a breathe!

I Think its about time for someone else to step up and be the cop for awhile while the UK and the US get there crap together and concentrate on issues in their own countries respectably.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

Well put my friend, I only wish to add that Webcameron has the mouth of a small girl and a weak chin.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
First I have to get this out of the way... France has an Army?

ok joking aside. i think its about time that both the UK and the US take a step back from the world stage and take a breathe!

I Think its about time for someone else to step up and be the cop for a while while the UK and the US get there crap together and concentrate on issues in their own countries respectably.

Gosh I'm shocked at how many people don't realise how intertwined the UK and the US are in events around the world.

It is not possible for either the UK or the US to step back from the world stage due to the face that if they did the stage would quite literally collapse.

Yep China is a growing power but it is not capable now or in my opinion will ever be capable of replacing the UK and the US in the world stage... yes they can add to it and that is good if they are playing ball, but if they act like the enemy then all that will happen is war either direct or by proxy.

What you said is a bit like saying the roads cost too much money why not dig up all the roads and wait until we have enough money to replace them with a superior surface... in the meantime no one can get anywhere very fast....

What is needed is co-operation on the world stage, collaboration, we all want our countries to prosper, This is the true goal of most of the primary figures around the world, with the eception of a few whom can't seem to see the bigger picture (Isreal / Iran / North Korea). Russia and China are in my mind just playing the game because they distrust.

We need to put down our distrust and childish differences and work together as a single unit. One world, different races...one people.

Korg.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Britains ptb should of stuck to fostering links with Canada, NZ, USA and the Scandinavian nations.
Instead it got stuck into the EEC (now the EU) viper pit and we've been paying the price ever since.
I think they secretly know that stronger ties with the old allys would of been better for the people but the greed factor for the politicians won out, along with dreams of castles in the sky.
Britains going to reap the whirlwing soon enough I fear.
We're stirring up a dust-devil and I have a feeling that Cameron may well find himself facing a tony bliar choice with Iran soon enough...

I think Britain had too many alliances and too many fingers in too many pies to cleanly and clearly make that kind of choice.. the one with Portugal [Treaty of Windsor, 1386] is the oldest diplomatic alliance in the world that is still in-force. but you are right other choices should have been made, and alienating friend and allies was not the best idea.

So I feel concentrating on the Commonwealth would have been much more productive, not just for Britain, but for those in the Commonwealth and in turn, the world as a whole.

e.g giving the Palestinians access to the commonwealth would have circumvented Iran's involvement in the region and perhaps been able to help both sides find a middle ground.. [both over the years have shown interest in joining the Commonwealth]

Sill that is wishful thinking, and we are stuck with what we have and the direction the EU is taking in turning into a Superstate/Empire.. and the way things are going I think your right and that we might be in for a very bumpy ride ahead..

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

And the billionaires who own some of our football teams. Russians, americans, arabs. It is all so in their best intrest that we dont go down the toilet.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Britain has been in decline since world war 2? not sure about that. This country was thriving for a while. Then thatcher took over and it all went to #. Then we managed to pick ourselves up again and then the Stock market crashed and now were f***ed to say the least. Thanks U.S!!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
Britain has been in decline since world war 2? not sure about that. This country was thriving for a while. Then thatcher took over and it all went to #. Then we managed to pick ourselves up again and then the Stock market crashed and now were f***ed to say the least. Thanks U.S!!

Post war Britain was a real mess, the 60s were slightly better, then came the 70s where it became a hotbed of labour unrest, power cuts, the 3 day week and a government going cap in hand to the IMF. Oh and don't forget decimilisation and Ted Heath doing his 'bit' for dragging the UK into the EU kicking and screaming.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yes, Britain is intertwined with the US that's true enough, it's a shame that didn't mean actual benefits for the working classes who aren't allowed to freely work and live in each others respectives country's.
The day of the western world calling the shots is coming to a close, the US and UK will still have the clout but now eastern civilisation ought to take up the reins for while.
The other poster said it best with that we need to get our own house in order before we play at being world cop again...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Britain a world force. That is a good one. I bet the could not even beat off France at this point in time.

What a shame the strong minded people of Britain have bought into the progressive lifestyle and look what is has brought. Hows that Muslim thing going for you guys? You should never let your government disarm you. Look back in history and let it be your guide to the future.

What has happened to Britain is truly a shame.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Actually he's right. Look at most any list of the most powerful countries in the world and you will find Britain in the top 10. Usually they around #5 or so. Being in the top 10 most powerful countries is nothing to sneeze at.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Actually he's right. Look at most any list of the most powerful countries in the world and you will find Britain in the top 10. Usually they around #5 or so. Being in the top 10 most powerful countries is nothing to sneeze at.

That's 5th in economic power only , which currently is out-of-date due to the budget deficit, the recent credit crunch and unemployment.
Even if it were on-track the economic power of the UK is primarily in the financial and banking center of London and some oil and gas exports.
On exports we've got some arms manufacturing and cars.
However when it comes to raw, heavy mineral wealth like Australia and Canada the UK has little in the way of raw materials.
The coal mines need major over-hauling and investment if they are to be drained and made safe for mining operations again etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join