It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removing my belief system from my life (Bible, Cross and American Flag)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

You are sad.

You throw away, literally ang figuratively, morals, standards, history and tradition.

You see no value in the cross. You see no value in Iwo Jima, You see no value in the 10 Commandments.

Go ahead. You create your own moral standard. You create your own nation.

Then gues who you are. America. Then someone will throw away your moral standards and history.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Dude, it's a 200-year old Bible, sell it for some bucks!

Or keep it for the historical value at the very least. The rest do what you want with, especially the American flag. That piece of cloth is pretty much useless at this point.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

It's not a crime to do these thing's. But it does get you labeled.

EDIT: The fact that you hold onto such policy can be judged by anyone as a agent. When have you ever heard of something such as "Justice"?
edit on 15-11-2010 by MITSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
A 200 year old Bible is too too big and too difficult to understand compared to a modern version anyway, a cross on the wall means nothing to God and a flag is a flag. None of it makes you a Christian or an American.

What was your point again?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I say burn em! These things will come to pass in the not so distant future any how. Both dying futile concepts that have taken their course. Might as well get a leg up while you can. Even selling these things would do a disservice to someone else lending them your baggage. Yes burning them will make you feel at peace somewhat it did for me. But i used a blow torch.

Originally posted by crmanager

You are sad.

You throw away, literally ang figuratively, morals, standards, history and tradition.

You see no value in the cross. You see no value in Iwo Jima, You see no value in the 10 Commandments.

Go ahead. You create your own moral standard. You create your own nation.

Then gues who you are. America. Then someone will throw away your moral standards and history.

Ahhh i love the old "don't like it move to another country" card

What does iwo jima have to do with these idols? How did you make that connection? Long gone are the days of righteous wars. The 10 commandments is basically about using common sense and being a human being. The components of morality do not lie in some book. You do not need 10 commandments from some fictional character to know thou shal not kill is principal that has been part of human civilization before the bible and these other religious books.

Nothing sad about it, objects do not solidify a nation. It is the people that make a nation period. Not the rulers and controllers that impose these counter productive concepts on a nation. Religion is the key problem here. America is in fact based on Semitic religion as one nation under this certain God character with HIS so called rules in all institutions. As intolerant of religions outside the Semitic religion base America in the ends contradicts everything it was about.
Notice i sad WAS, is no longer because It defeats it's own existence just like the facilitators of these religions those monsters in Rome.

America is just an expansion of an invisible empire at this point.

People and their Patriotism, makes me chuckle. As long as we submit to these belief systems they own me and you get it yet?

edit on 16-11-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Funny, all these replies and not a single person has ask you why? or what has happened? And that is what you really want and need, a friendly ear! So instead of throwing away priceless heirlooms and your belief system why not take a deep breath and try getting in touch with your emotions.

This is a pretty fair bunch when you give them a chance, but step up and say what you mean.

Kindly,
Pax

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Don't let people hurt or disappoint you. People are selfish, afraid and confused. We always will be. Accept and expect it.
edit on 16-11-2010 by ShnogTrip because: typo

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Not everything in the bible is bull, and not everything the american flag stands for is bull. Do whatever op it does not matter to anyone but to you, but it's silly to burn your idols, just because you found out you were an idolator. After all one says it pretty clearly in writing not to be an idolotar, and the other is a symbol that is supposed to remind you not to let any form of power and obsolete power to take hold. Why burn something that warned you not to make it a crutch and idol, because you made it your crutch and idol. You might want to review both before burning anything.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

You can choose to burn a flag or choose to build your own.

My only advice is to pack your bags and head to New Hampshire to join the Free State Project. The most harmful religion out there is the religion of the American Government.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The bigger question you have to ask yourself, is what's going to be your new belief system. Society needs structure. If you don't like the American flag, which flag will you follow. Would you rather fail trying to live up to god's examples or surpass the examples and rules of men?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I have a bible, cross and American Flag.

All were respectfully folded up and placed in a box that have been in my attic for over 25 years.

The bible:

From my research and in my opinion, it is a fairytale book. It was written by mortal men and like all holy books and religions it was invented to control and manipulate humanity. One man's "god" is another man's off world astronaut and or other dimensional, traveler. There are many good lessons and beautiful verses contained within this book, but it, again, in my opinion, does not present the whole truth of our reality.

The cross:: Again from my research, Jesus, is a myth, a combination of many gods, including the "sun god".......

“The reason why all these narratives are so similar, with a godman who is crucified and resurrected, who does miracles and has 12 disciples, is that these stories were based on the movements of the sun through the heavens, an astrotheological development that can be found throughout the planet because the sun and the 12 zodiac signs can be observed around the globe. In other words, Jesus Christ and all the others upon whom this character is predicated are personifications of the sun, and the Gospel fable is merely a rehash of a mythological formula (the "Mythos," as mentioned above) revolving around the movements of the sun through the heavens.

For instance, many of the world's crucified godmen have their traditional birthday on December 25th. This is because the ancients recognized that (from an earthcentric perspective) the sun makes an annual descent southward until December 21st or 22nd, the winter solstice, when it stops moving southerly for three days and then starts to move northward again. During this time, the ancients declared that "God's sun" had "died" for three days and was "born again" on December 25th. The ancients realized quite abundantly that they needed the sun to return every day and that they would be in big trouble if the sun continued to move southward and did not stop and reverse its direction. Thus, these many different cultures celebrated the "sun of God's" birthday on December 25th. The following are the characteristics of the "sun of God":

•The sun "dies" for three days on December 22nd, the winter solstice, when it stops in its movement south, to be born again or resurrected on December 25th, when it resumes its movement north.
•In some areas, the calendar originally began in the constellation of Virgo, and the sun would therefore be "born of a Virgin."
•The sun is the "Light of the World."
•The sun "cometh on clouds, and every eye shall see him."
•The sun rising in the morning is the "Savior of mankind."
•The sun wears a corona, "crown of thorns" or halo.
•The sun "walks on water."
•The sun's "followers," "helpers" or "disciples" are the 12 months and the 12 signs of the zodiac or constellations, through which the sun must pass.
•The sun at 12 noon is in the house or temple of the "Most High"; thus, "he" begins "his Father's work" at "age" 12.
•The sun enters into each sign of the zodiac at 30°; hence, the "Sun of God" begins his ministry at "age" 30.
•The sun is hung on a cross or "crucified," which represents its passing through the equinoxes, the vernal equinox being Easter, at which time it is then resurrected.

Mostly derived from pagan myths, Jesus' birth stories are very dubious, and it very likely that all such beliefs were written retrospectively by the Roman gospel writers, or were assumed from the outset. There is no evidence or reason to believe that they actually occurred. Events such as King Herod's killing of every male child simply could not have gone unnoticed, these pagan myths were however assumed of all god-man saviours. Modern Christmas is a combination of pagan and ancient practices. Its eclectic nature makes it a multicultural event suitable for appropriation by nearly anyone, including staunch secularists. Jesus' existence remains a mystery, we cannot validate even the simplest facts about his birth, and this fact has led some scholars to cast doubt on Jesus' entire existence.”

"The Birth of Jesus and the Christmas Story from the Bible Are Pagan and Unhistorical" by Vexen Crabtree (2000)

"Origins of Christianity" by Acharya S

Source: www.vexen.co.uk...

I know the above will anger many readers and I apologize for what I have uncovered in my reseach. But this is one of the biggest conspiracies............and guess what, it's not just the Christian Religion, it's Muslim, Hindi, Jewish and every "religion" invented upon this planet.

Man was meant to be a spiritual being not a religious one. You make your own hell when you harm another through your actions, words, deeds or thoughts for we are all a part of one grand whole some call "god".

Religions were all constructed to control and manipulate man.

The American Flag.

I love this land, this continent I was most fortunate and lucky to be born on. However, and again this is just my opinion, I do not agree to the policies this country's government has expressed over the course of it's history.

- The treatment of this country's original inhabitants, including the forcing of them to adhere to our "Christian beliefs" this country, this continent originally was inhabitant by what we call Indians and they practiced a "Earth Religion". We came in and took their land, their beliefs and their way of life and shoved our European ways down their throat at the point of a gun.

- Slavery, We were one of the last countries on the planet to abolish slavery. How dare any man think he has the right the sovereignty over another fellow human being or that any fellow human being is less equal than himself.

- WWII and Weapons of mass destruction:

We are the only country to have used a weapon of mass destruction not once but twice. Many Americans reading that last comment purposely let it pass over their heads, on purpose.................we blew away hundreds of thousands of souls within seconds. We crossed a line that should never have been crossed. And while many reading this will think, "so what, big deal" there again, a truely deep thinking person cannot help but be dumb struck as to what we actually did, we as a country employed two weapons of mass destruction. Maybe it did end the war quicker, but we crossed a line that once crossed cannot be uncrossed and once you open that Pandora's box, it cannot be shut back up. The demon of nuclear warfare was made a reality, not by Iraq, Iran, Germany or Japan but by the USA. Our country is currently manipulating other countries into yet more wars, we fund and sell arms to Israel, we have placed multiple evil men into powerful positions thoughout the globe that serve our country's NWO agenda. We are not the America our forefathers envisioned. We are a global bully, fighting for invisible puppet masters, a country that is run by a handful of greedy people that value nothing but the almighty dollar and the power that goes along with it. They will do anything and hurt anyone to maintain their power and bank account, they have no morals and most Americans just do not want to face this horrible truth.

While I do love my fellow man, including my countrymen, who for the most part are good, honest, hard working people, I feel that we have been fooled. We were fooled into believing that it is alright to throw someone off their little piece of land and claim it for our own, that is stealing and hoarding..........the land the air, our water should be shared. As stated in another post, nobody should have to pay to live upon a planet they were born upon.

All countries now are ruled by a handful of individuals. We are all slaves to this small group.

They have forged some of the biggest conspiracies, most wars, if not all wars, were arranged, like in a chess games and the common person are the pawns. We just don't see that we are pawns so we get mad when one of the pawns tells the rest of us we are pawns and that we have a choice to stop this game if but we would only unite together and refuse to play this game where only a handful of individuals actually move the chess pieces around and profit from "the game".

I don't know if I've explained everything within my heart correctly, there are many conspiracies but they are all interwoven together and the cloth that these conspiracies are woven of serve but one purpose..........control.

Again, this is just my opinion, you have taken the red pill and while it is a day to rejoice, for you have awoken from your sleep in the matrix, it is also a day of mourning, for you are no longer a controlled puppet, no longer just another sleeper in the matrix, you are now your own sovern individual. You have begun to tread upon very unknown territory, you are thinking for yourself and not like the masses that remain asleep.

But, being awake and aware is a painful and harsh journey, taking that red pill is truely a bitch. To not travel the common road, the road most choose, is painful because it will set you apart, at least until the others wake up and "not fitting" in is often times painful for a herd animal, and yes, humans are a herd animal.

In a sense, the day you fold up that bible, cross and flag and pack them away will be like your second birthday, the day you annouce to yourself that you have been reborn as your own rightful person. You have broken the shackles of slavery to what TPTB have groomed the entire planet to believe...you have, dispite all the propaganda and force feeding, thought for yourself and now reject:

- Religious dogma that keeps separating not unifying humanity
- A outdated and false religion that is just another shade of the same sun god belief
- A single country again constructed to separate us not unify us as a species, we are all memeber of one planet, Earth - we need to start thinking globally and not tribal.

“My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” - Thomas Paine

I did not burn my bible, cross or flag because they were all family heirlooms and to me that would be a sign of disrespect. I have often thought of burying them, but for now they remain in my attic.

They serve to remind me that one of our purposes here on Earth is for our soul to grow and break free of all types of tyranny, including mind tyranny.

You are truely free now and with it comes a responsiblity to follow not what has been preached to you, but what you feel in your heart is right.

Unknown Soldier's reply was very insightful.
edit on 16-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Cut the bible pages up into little rectangles ,paint them green and print numbers on them. There now its just like the american dollar ,worthless ! Then wrap it up in the flag and mail it to your congressman.

Sorry ,I couldnt resist.....You need to pass the family bible onto a family member that still maintains there faith. Hang the flag on your house so when the U.S collapses ,maybe theyll knock instead of kicking in your door. Use all that newfound energy to help us wake everyone else up!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Our beliefs are typically represented by objects. Do not let events take your beliefs away, get rid of them just by yourself. Remember sometimes life sets hard check-points.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Why is some paper with words printed on it and a cloth with some colors printed on it troubling you so much.?

If you pack them up safely and put them away then you obviously hope any meaning or value they had may return.

If you burn them privately you are making a statement to yourself, publicly and you're making a statement to the world.

Tossing them in the trash would indicate they no longer hold any power over you, you would now be entering the scary world of the freethinker.

You don't need a flag to tell the world who you are and you don't need a book to tell you how to think.

For your amusement -

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Excellent post star for you, this could very well be a one line post but I decided to make it a two line post.

PS Although jesus doesn't exist and all that has been done to death here on ATS I would argue that you have all the makings of a very good thread floating around in your head and seeing as how the bible thumpers are not going to go away, why not share your thoughts ?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
All these people on here claiming Jesus doesn't exist and how the bible is a "fairy tale" lacks a real desire to understand truth. If you want to know God and desire a personal relationship with YOUR creator then you must ask!!!

Most on here have no desire for the truth or to "get in touch" with the universe and higher consciousness etc. You do not desire a life changing experience, just an experience YOU create. You lack the true wisdom needed to recognize what is right before your eyes.

That so called fictional character died for you and all the wrongs you have committed in the past, present and will commit in the future.

In order to understand true "Spirituality" you must be willing to die to yourself in order to LIVE!!!! But the ego being of human nature is quite a powerful wicked thing!!!

Think about it before you douse me in flames!!!

My rant for the morning!

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
I know the above will anger many readers and I apologize for what I have uncovered in my reseach. But this is one of the biggest conspiracies............and guess what, it's not just the Christian Religion, it's Muslim, Hindi, Jewish and every "religion" invented upon this planet.

Hello friend! Had it not been for the "green" tint to this post I would have forgotten that I had added you as a friend. I tend to remember avatars over screennames but in this case I do recognize yours. Obviously we have had discourse before on another thread, though I can't remember what. Certainly we must have had a good conversation and even though I disagree with your post, let that be a testament to what a true christian should be. I am friends with people of all walks of life, I am not here to fight or get angry over someone's lack of belief or different worldview. Certainly I won't refute what you said here, that is neither the time nor place but I would like to set an example for other christians.

On the contrary! I am not at all angry at what you posted. In fact I am quite happy that faith is "falling away". Where most people see it as less people "need" spirituality and are waking up to the fact that religion has been set to control, I see it as a sign of the Endtimes. I of course know I will be laughed at and ridicule, but I think a true man/woman would be willing to "put their money where their mouth is", so to speak, and back that up by dying for their cause. We are all on different campaigns. You see it your way, and I see it mine.
edit on 11/16/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

You are very wise and quite right!!! Perhaps that is why I took the stand that I did with my above post.
It is not up to me to change anyones beliefs. You stated your thoughts very graciously I was not so tempered with my statements. However, it is because of your post that I took a more brutally honest approach. The time is now......I'm done with eggshells!!! And yes, I would be willing to die for my beliefs. For the glory of GOD? Absolutely!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Because it is up to each and every person to come up with their own conclusions by researching and when the time is right for that individual.

I am tired of the arguments, you cannot change any person's core beliefs until it is their time and they have done their own research.

By research, I mean not just reading one, two or a dozen books, but hundreds, nay thousands and studying mankind's real history, not the made up stuff we have been fed since birth.

No, I simply posted what I posted in order to answer the original post - everyone else will have to find out for their own self in their own time and some may never in this lifetime see their way out of the grand manipulation that has been foisted upon humanity.

My soul's purpose is not to teach, but to simply seed the desire to uncover the truth.

It's not my place and I'm done with trying to "prove".

I've always been fasinated about history and religion and so have poured over many books.

We were privledged enough to know a great (and famous man) he began his adulthood as a Catholic Priest and archaeologist. He has since left the priesthood after 30+ years because he believes, after much study, that Jesus never existed. Our friend, like my husband and I believe that Jesus was a configuration of many gods and prophets that came before him.

Now, I have in the past tried to debate this, many times and with many people. Again, debating is not one of my talents and at this point in my life, I am beyond fighting and arguing. I have found that a person's "faith" or "core value / beliefs" do not change by external knowledge, or knowledge from another, another can only seed the thirst to explore. Everyone, bar none, must do their own research and come up with their own findings in their own time.

While I hold a very unique belief in this country that is mainly a Christian country, I still respect those that have a different opinion other than mine. Nobody knows for sure, nobody knows it all.

This single post is simply my own opinion, nothing more.

I am thankful that I live in a country where anyone can express and exchange ideas, that is what makes us progress and grow as a species and ATS is such a great place to visit because there is such a wide variety of knowledgeable people, each with their own opinon.

Some books I can recommend (I have read and have in my library) are:

Slave Species of God by Michael Tellinger
The Jesus Myth by G.A. Wells
Who Wrote the New Testament by Burton L. Mack
The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold by Acharya S
Suns of God: Krishna, Buddha and Christ unveiled by Acharya S
Christ in Egypt; the Horus-jesus Connection by D. M. Murdock
The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors: Christianity before Christ by Kersey Graves
The Lucifer Principle by Howard Bloom (Stupid name, very good book - has nothing to do with Satanism)
Secret History of the World by Laura Knight Jadczyk
Nailed by David Fitzgerald

A closed mind and proud heart gathers no knowledge..............OHD.

Personally, I believe we are all, like drops of water and "god" is the ocean.

Google Video Link

As stated before, I am done arguing - anyone out there that wants to turn this post into such will be ignored. I respect your opinon however, I have come to my opinion though decades of discovery.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

It is a shame you are so jaded. Funny how you profess you have done all this research, and yet, the one book you fail to mention you've researched is the Bible, and then again you claim it as a fairy tale? i would simply like to ask, based on what?? Your own biblical studies, or the lies you've been spoon fed by your gods and goddess's to deceive and manipulate you?

Your researched is flawed based on your reasoning to draw your own conclusions. The very thing you accuse Christians of you yourself are guilty of.

It really is quite simple, ask Christ to reveal Himself to you in a very real way, and He will, but you must be prepared to recognize it when He does.

I am not attacking you or intending to offend you at all, we will and must find out the truth on our own not from some other authors. Bottom line is when you have communed with the living God, you will know! Not by your intellect but by your heart. It will change who you are. There will be know doubt, you will know! The scales will forever be removed from your eyes.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join