It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

look what i found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
sorry if this has been posted before. i was looking on the web and came across this

www.firebox.com...

has any one on here got one ? i thought about getting as seen as some credit cards do use them....

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't have one yet, average price on a rfid blocking wallet it $70 plus.

It is highly advised and recommended for use by those individuals who use breeze pass, and similar cards.
What it does and is is a metal layer which blocks the embedded info from being stolen.

Any one who has a no contact swipe card, of any kind should have these types of wallets or slip pouch for their cards.

Identify theft, and credit fraud, and even medical information can be stolen using wireless intercept.

Stainless-Steel Bi-Fold Wallet

this smooth-as-silk bi-fold is that it keeps your cover safe from your wiliest adversaries with radio-frequency identification (RFID) protection. Identity thieves can use scanning devices to steal data from the RFID tags found on many newer credit cards, key cards, and passports. The stainless steel in this wallet acts as a shield to block out external electrical fields and keep hackers at bay.
RFID protective wallet

[edited to add above linked info]
edit on 14-11-2010 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Thats very nice. Hopefully all wallets will soon have something like that to protect the people from identity theft. Its a really good idea and seems cheap to do.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by brianjordan

Yes, it would be great for the industry to standardize, but the cost alone would be too much. Some day in the future..

Please see my above post, it has been edited to add content of value to your question.

edit on 14-11-2010 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
not just that but its handy if "they" are keeping track of us through our cards ect....

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Just curious, are you selling this?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Not sure if the following will answer your question, but the comment made in the OP is

was looking on the web and came across this

Not exactly a marketing, or good marketing sales pitch.

CX

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Just curious, are you selling this?

I doubt it, unless he sells them elsewhere.

This is from Firebox, the gadget/toy site. I got one of their latest brochures through the door yesterday in fact, it also has this one in...

Ogon RFID wallet

CX.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wouldn't tinfoil work just as well?
2nd
edit on 14-11-2010 by morf991 because: (no reason given)

There are youtube vids on making a tinfoil wallet, if you care about how it looks.
edit on 14-11-2010 by morf991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
reply to post by Portugoal

Not sure if the following will answer your question, but the comment made in the OP is

was looking on the web and came across this

Not exactly a marketing, or good marketing sales pitch.

No I read it. It's just that the OP entitles his thread "look what I found." Curious, I decided to click the thread because he doesn't tell us what he found through his title. His thread says " I was looking around and I found this: *link* " He doesn't mention what he found, he makes us click the link which leads us to a site selling the product. Actually is a great exposure pitch. No where in his OP does he say what it is... if you're curious enough, you have to click the link.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it... OP could've just been a little more clear of exactly what he found

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You could always make your self a duck tape wallet with an added layer of aluminium foil sandwiched in there. That would be a nice cheep little project for a boring Sunday afternoon

$70 my foot
try less than a buck in materials and a little bit of time in front of the telly.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Go to www.instructables.com...
.. make your own RFID Wallet..for less
edit on 14-11-2010 by thewarehouse because: link add

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Here's one for $9.00.

Just received a catalog yesterday with it. LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

Yes, or just use aluminum foil layered by folding it into a wallet sleeve for the cards.

top topics

join