It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times: Nazis Were Given 'Safe Haven' in U.S., Report Says

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

If you bothered to read books you would have known all about this years ago.Really rehashing old news Jim Marrs documents all this in his book Fourth Reich

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well done NYT

... the rest of the world has known for 65 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

I guess better late to the party than not showing up at all.. But then again its is the NYT.. Maybe they figured the World forgot about this and was trying to raise its readership by dragging something up from the past.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is nothing new, it's called Operation Paperclip folks...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
This is nothing new, it's called Operation Paperclip folks...

Absolutely. We wanted there help in furthering our propulsion systems and achieve what they did with their saucer technology. I told my parents this years ago and they thought I was crazy, but then I told them to just wikipedia operation paperclip and they bit their tounges haha

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

confirmation came in way of FOI documents regarding projects bluebird artichoke and paperclip.

The issue is not that it was not stated bluntly, the issue is that no one got copies of those documents for themselves, people still only care about what media tells them they should. Just my 2 cent.

-B.M

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

If we did not take in the Nazi scientists, what would have happened? Where would we be now?

Who knows. Tesla had the "Vril" concept long before the Nazi's. Maybe we would not be saddled with rocket technology as being cutting edge. That would be an improvement, possibly, in that regard.

Better we take the patents and jail the offenders. Instead, we gave them jobs in our government. And we wonder where we went wrong when we look around today.

Concevabley the argument could be made that had we not done that, had we not smuggeled out scientists, their programs might have continued under Stalin, or the British, or the Chinese, or the Argetinians, etc etc.

Or they could have been put in prison, possibly given an extra pork chop if they were willing to answer a few questions over the years to help get us to understanding their work. But giving them jobs in our government? After reading the Red House Report, it sent chills up my spine.

Sure, there were mistakes made. No one is perfect. I get that. But you don't take your enemy and give them jobs with security clearance, a large salary, and a nice office. Something just seems so obviously wrong about that. Only a fool would have conceived of it as a good idea. Then, to hypocritically paint the Nazi's as frothing monsters hell bent on genetically mixing babies with meatloaf, or something.

Fix it? Umm....revolution?

For all we know, in this existance, its entirely possible we made the right choice by smuggeling out the scientists. We were able to make scientific advancements that no one can deny have not improved the human race.

The right choice is to jail them, and use their work anyway. We did it in many instances, anyway.

We can't change the past, and the future is unwritten, which leaves us with the now to make changes and we should make the most of what we can affect now, instead of arguing over something we can't affect.

I don't want to argue. But i will not accept apologia.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boroboy

I'm glad someone mentioned Jim Marrs and his book "Rise of the 4th Reich" which goes into great details about American support of the Nazi's before WWII and its hand in exporting the Nazi's afterwards. Does a great job at connecting dots.

This report is great because its in the Mainstream Media! This cannot be understated. There's so much more that needs to come out. Let's all cross our fingers and hope that this one little article turns into the Pandora's Box of conspiracy confirmations! Maybe we'll see Jim Marrs on a bunch of talk shows soon !

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I bet it was the Freemasons, Illuminati, and builderbergers.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I am not appologizing for anything that was done.. Whats done is done, and we can't change it. As far as them going to prison I highly doubt it. There was a scramble by multiple countries at the end of WWII to gain the Nazi scientists and their knowledge.

At the time the Nazis were at the leading edge of technology, across the spectrum. If we had not snagged them, as I said before, the Soveits or other countries would have.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDolphinSings
They wanted the information the Nazi's had been conducting on the AntiGravity Bell Project.

Operation paperclip is kind of common knowledge.
But wether the us govt got any wiser regarding info about the bell is anybody' wild guess.
The german scientists were no fools to claim at the fag end of the war that the bell was kriegs entscheidend,
meaning war decisive.
Good God people, have you the foggiest idea, wha can and was pre empted by that device, which can't be undone now?
Ignorance is sometimes bliss, isn't it

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I thought we already knew about this via Project Paperclip. Nazi scientists worked on MK-ULTRA, yada yada, etc. etc. Wasn't this something we found out in the mid 70's?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I never thought it was a secret that Nazis were given preferential treatment in the USA after the war... Hell, we wouldn't have developed such an advanced space program without Werner von Braun, the Nazi rocket engineer.

— Zesko Whirligan

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I guess this is nothing new, either. I guess the fact a major newspaper publishes something as fact, then I suppose it's somewhat interesting. If this would be the case for Nazis, then why are so many "patriots" finding it so hard to believe that Bin Ladens family may have been given safe passage from USA?

For that matter, why not just assume that bin laden my very well be living among us here in the states? How will they read this? As a pointless post or a note telling how it is? I don't know.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Tesla had the "Vril" concept long before the Nazi's.

Tesla had everything about a century ahead of its time. The Nazis did push the envelope on military technology, though — some amazing stuff, from tanks to fighter planes to guided missiles to small arms. They were years ahead of everyone else.

— Zesko Whirligan

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Better we take the patents and jail the offenders. Instead, we gave them jobs in our government. And we wonder where we went wrong when we look around today.

Star for the Truth!

What about the scalp left in a drawer?
What about the ones we haven't heard about?
Who else do we have working for us?

This is big news, people.....

You all say you want the truth and you are 'awakened' but when # really happens you say "Oh thats not real." or "No big deal."

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
First of all, I believe the correct term is "undocumented immigrant"

Second, nazis are people too, its not like they've killed someone!

Live and let live I say.

Clearly the flood gates which we here in the states like to all "the border," have been letting in world class citizens for some time now. I understand giving their best scientists and engineers safe haven, afterall they were pretty tech savvy, and we definitely didn't want those rusekies gettin their hands on them. But I have seen enough evidence supporting the notion that many high ranking members of the nazi party escaped prior to the fall of Berlin. Even the skeleton that supposedly was the body of the Fuhrer himself when tested turned out to actually be the body of a woman.

Clearly they all had to go somewhere.....

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Yes, US did take German war criminals and major psychopaths, it did put them on high positions and let them do what they want. But it is all for your own good! Don't you get it? The evil fiery pits of hell called USSR where people drink blood for dinner and eat kittens for lunch could have done the same thing! That is why, US was forced to provide comfortable and luxurious safe heaven for these mad scientists. Imagine what would happen if they didn't? The UUSR could have developed a nuclear bomb people!! That would mean end of the world because these monsters do not deserve this technology! The barbaric Russians could also create most powerful rocket engine ever made! Imagine the consequences.... and then Nazi, er, I mean NASA would have to go into complicated procedure of stealing it! Oh wait, they already did that...

Yeah that was sarcasm. I don't really care what US did with these people and where they are now, but some of you sound just like 1941 Nazi propaganda, disgusting. Yes I'm sure you all owe your very existence to these Nazi "scientists". I am especially boggled by Mengele's treatment, your tax money was used so this man can drink pina colada on a sunny beach for the rest of his life. To me it looks more like Mengele and his buddies took orders from someone in US and not Germany.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Hi, romanmel- could you supply me with any references or sources for your claims that the A bomb was used on the Russians by the Nazi's in 1943, or the 'fuses'(?) used on the Hiroshima bomb were supplied by Nazi personnel? WWII is an area in history I am very interested in, so if claims like yours turned out to be true (which Im afraid, at the moment, I doubt) then our view of the war would be significantly changed.

I have heard of the 'bell' project, but it seems very much to have been a side project in its early stages- lethal to the scientists who were working on it- so why this would be more important to the Nazi's than the atomic bomb escapes me.

Personally, I feel that the Nazi's were so desperate and ruthless by the end of the war, if they had any technology like this, they would have used it- I mean, one A bomb on London would have totally changed everything.

And lastly, I keep reading in this thread 'yeah, 'project paperclip', old news so what'- that is missing the point- we all knew about project paperclip, but it was supposed to be the hunt for ex-Nazi scientists for the purpose of using them in the US defence program- this news shows us that they were also bringing back non scientific Nazi's, and then the question is, why? What did they contribute to the US? That is the news, not 'Paperclip'.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Lets face it america has a history of protecting war criminals , first with nazi war criminals ,and now with iraqi war criminals !

nothing has changed , still exporting terrorism and violence still torturing people and getting away with it.
All at the same time as having veto power in the UN

shocking , well you should be , but the state controlled media keep you dumb !
and they say castro and staling were bad

America #ing up the world since , um I dont know when , maybe since after the civil war

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join