It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profile Reverts Back to Default When Edited

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm having a problem updating my profile.

Earlier today when I joined I tried to enter in some of the basic info like bio, time settings, avatar...when I finished and clicked the Edit Profile button and then returned to look back over what I entered, it had reverted back to default. I've looked thru the boards, FAQ and tutorial but I did not see any related information. The one thing I am able to change is my mood...I'm about to go and change that to "confused."

[edit on 6/30/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
..."Help!" yelped the defenseless toddler...

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
That sucks. You should U2U SkepticOverlord and inform him of the problem if you don�t find a resolution in this thread. I�m sorry, I wish I could help you but it sounds like a job for the administrator or moderators.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Thanks - I'll give that a shot and see what happens

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Is there anyone else I can ask about it? SO hasn't replied to my U2U yet - I'm guessing he's busy...

I also noted today that it's happeneing at both my work and home computer, so I'm guessing there must be some kind of internal error with my account??

I dunno...any help would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It looks like you were able to change your �mood� in your profile could it be that your avatar is not the correct file type or size? The maximum size is 160x320 pixels.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
There's nothing I can see that would cause this. What are you trying to edit in your profile?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The primary thing I'd like to change is the time - it's by default set at 10:11 P.M. as of right now - it's more like 5:30 P.M. here, Eastern Time...When I try to change that in my profile it never accepts it.

Regarding the avatar, I may have tried an image too wide. Even if the image was too wide, would it automatically erase the URL when I return to the edit screen?

Thanks for the help

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Don't worry thats happened to me. I'm not to sure but check it and correct this everytime you change anything. Also I think it reverts back if you hit the back button instead of "Edit Profile". I'm not to sure about this so check with Skeptic Overlord.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yeah...see I'm hitting the Edit Profile button after a choose a time from the drop down menu, and then of course it takes you back to the main control panel page. I go back to edit profile and the time adjustment hans't occured. I can tell it didn't work without going back though by just looking at the top-right corner.

It's weird...I dunno...Do I have to fill out some mandatory part of my profile to have my options turned on?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here's a screenshot - if you can see, there's one time at the top right and another time at the bottom right.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I believe the clock in the top right is always set by GMT because thats where the owner resides. I just set mine to that same time.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The Timezone cant be changed...it always reverts back to the default.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Okay

That explains things a little better - I guess the option to edit it in your profile is useless then - I thought that was customizable.

Thanks for clearing that up! My "freedom can ring" now that I've been liberated from that nuisance.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The timezone option works, you just have to make sure you put it back to the right time whenever you change your profile.

When you load the profile page it reverts to default, so just re-select the correct timezone before you leave the page.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Wow....I feel a lill dumb

Thank you very much!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
As do I...

How come that wasnt stated anywhere??

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'm not alone - thank God

I think the FAQ and tutorial are missing hefty junks of valuable information that is just being repeated over and over again in the boards.
I have no problem with voluntering myself to help fix that as I learn more about ATS. Any takers?

[edit on 7/1/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I recently moved to Eniwetok and plan on vacationing in Kwajalein so my ATS time zone stays correct.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
LMAO

top topics

<<   2 >>

join