It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The way to cure ...RICH VS POOR in america

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think everyone should make an Hour how hold they are and then the older they get the more money they make ...

so if someone is 20 ..they will make 20 dollars an hour

Each time u age ..U get 1 dollar added an hour

By the time someone is 100 . it would be 100 dollars an hour

with this system . everyone is granted to be wealthy or rich . as long as u live long time . u get payed more and more

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by williamAmerican

Doesn't sound very capitalist coming from an "American." Where is the room for innovation, competition, laissez-faire economics?

Under your proposition, the people contributing the least (presumbably) would be making more than people in better shape, able to contribute more (50 and under), at least in most industries (not trying to sound cynical).

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I've just created a false birth certificate in case this is ever implemented.

I was born in 1137BC.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

doing more is not always doing good .

school
And how smart someone is should be the least of the worries

The older a person gets . The more time they should get to enjoy life . Therefore make it a 1 size fits all . If you want to work ..good ..U can get into the system of making 1 dollar for how old u are an hour ..if u do not work then u would not make nothing

It would be like ...If your 24 . you would be rich ..making 24 dollars each hour...SAVE THE MONEY....then u would get double later in life ...

see ...it would be so cool

If you want to be smart and go to college . that would be ok . But u would be payed the amount of age . so if you a doctor . You would make 32 dollars an hour if your 32

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The American spirit is survival and unity, not capitalism.

Anyways, I don't agree with OP on his idea. I just needed to correct he capitalism thing.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Gotta a little glitch there son.

What about pro athletes? What about a guy like Bill Gates. What is he 56 yrs old or something? So Billy-Boy gets $56 per hour huh?

I don't think so........

Consider that he made this money in the 25 years or so since Microsoft was founded in 1975. If you presume that he has worked 14 hours a day on every business day of the year since then, that means he's been making money at a staggering million dollars per hour, around $300 per second.

Source: www.templetons.com...

Your idea takes away the will and desire to achieve success.

Is this one of those deals where you're currently making $8 per hour and your 18 years old? Are you just looking for a $10 raise here?

Becker

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Its an IDEA to save some retirements . plus with this ...everyone is giving a chance even homeless
edit on 13-11-2010 by williamAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

$16 an hour as a part-time worker is a sweet deal.

Imagine if society didn't encourage education, innovation, striving for more?
There would be no motivation to do better in school (leads to no innovation), no motivation to become a doctor, lawyer, professor, engineer, etc. In fact, if we were to live in a society modeled by this, civilization would soon crumble and every one would be named Bertha and Billy Joe Bob as the common denomenator.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

So true!

Let alone under Billy USA's plan we'd be paying about $36 for a gallon of milk and gas would be around $24 per gallon.

He's young, he'll come around if we can keep the cans of spray paint away from him.

Becker
edit on 13-11-2010 by Becker44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Doesn't sound very capitalist coming from an "American." Where is the room for innovation, competition, laissez-faire economics?

Under your proposition, the people contributing the least (presumbably) would be making more than people in better shape, able to contribute more (50 and under), at least in most industries (not trying to sound cynical).

Capitalism serves only the elite. I like this plan.

second
edit on 13-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44

Gotta a little glitch there son.

What about pro athletes? What about a guy like Bill Gates. What is he 56 yrs old or something? So Billy-Boy gets $56 per hour huh?

I don't think so........

Consider that he made this money in the 25 years or so since Microsoft was founded in 1975. If you presume that he has worked 14 hours a day on every business day of the year since then, that means he's been making money at a staggering million dollars per hour, around $300 per second.

Source: www.templetons.com...

Your idea takes away the will and desire to achieve success.

Is this one of those deals where you're currently making $8 per hour and your 18 years old? Are you just looking for a $10 raise here?

Becker

I guess that would depend on how you define success. 'Success' hasn't done much for the world I have to say.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44

So true!

Let alone under Billy USA's plan we'd be paying about $36 for a gallon of milk and gas would be around $24 per gallon.

He's young, he'll come around if we can keep the cans of spray paint away from him.

Becker
edit on 13-11-2010 by Becker44 because: (no reason given)

He'll come around to what exactly?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyBluePegasus

Sorry SBP I should have clarified.

His plan is so ludacris I'm having a little trouble believing you aren't just pulling my chain a little here.

Most plans for redistributing wealth or evening the playing field come from the bottom rungs on the econmic ladders.

Not one let me repeat not one business would ever be able to survive this plan.

At McDonalds you'd have 8 employees. Let's say 7 of them are 18 years old and then the 34 year old manager living in his Mom's basement. So every hour that store is laying out $153 for their stellar employees.

You all set to pay $27.50 for a happy meal?

Becker

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by Portugoal

Capitalism serves only the elite. I like this plan.

second
edit on 13-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

Capitalism works just fine for those who work and those who risk by starting new businesses. Not for the lazy who go home, drink, take drugs or play video games all the time.

Poverty is the reward you receive when you fail to succeed in society.

In a hundred years, when the average person earns $1,000,000 per year, those lazy people will still get $0 so the spread between the poor and everyone else is always increasing.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
well . I think money should be for anyone

I think 1 dollar is just as good for a poor man than it is for anyone

Heck as long as I have video games . I really could care less if I am poor . so this plane would help me a lot

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
On the upside unemployment among the under 10's would drop significantly.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by williamAmerican
Its an IDEA to save some retirements . plus with this ...everyone is giving a chance even homeless

There would be no incentive for people to start companies and work their a@@es off if all they get is the same as the next person who is not working 15 hour days. Therefore, there would be no jobs in the first place - except, of course, if you're thinking that all the jobs would be government jobs. Then, well, I hope you know the rest.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

wrong

If people wanted to go to college or school and be smart and learn they could start there own company . but they would also get payed as much as they wanted ..however...the people that work for them would be payed as much as there age

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

So your going to cure the rich poor gap by letting the CEO of a company get paid as much as they like, but no one else?
Thats more or less the system we have now

top topics

<<   2 >>

join