It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA News Helicopter makes emergency landing

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Gil Leyvas was the cameraman on Sky2 catching the footage of the trail; haven't located the pilot.
Chris Haug was the cameraman on Sky9 with Bell.

Does anyone else find it strange that we don't know who the pilot was and haven't heard from him?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Sky2 / Sky9 pilots (aggregated from wikipedia pages for KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV; KCBS owns KCAL):
Larry Welk - pilot/reporter/helicopter owner (both Sky2 & Sky9)
Derek Bell - pilot/reporter
Gary Lineberry - pilot/reporter
Aaron Fitzgerald - fill-in pilot/reporter

Bell was piloting Sky9 when it crashed; I don't yet know who was piloting Sky2 taking the trail footage.

oh my, there goes that name again.
Larry Welk.
He is the grandson of Lawrence Welk
the great musician who had his own
TV show.

If I remember correctly, he was in the
news recently cuz he got fired.

socalmediascoop.blogspot.com...

Maybe this missile footage was a publicity stunt
to keep his job with the station?
Oh my, things go deeper and deeper.

an even bigger conspiracy.
edit on 11/12/2010 by boondock-saint because: added url

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Can I ask someone to explain to me what the point of killing them would be?

JFK was a poster boy for future presidents.

These guys are poster boys for future news crews that may think about checking with the Gov before releasing video.

Just saying...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yeah, I came across that article stating he was fired back in April. He still manages the company that operates the news helicopters: www.angelcityair.com...
Still no luck id'ing the pilot for the trail filming. I don't think it would be the cameraman since he's not listed on the list of pilots at the link above.

I didn't have the radio or TV on at the time so I don't know who the reporter was but often the reporter and pilot are the same.

edit on 11/12/2010 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
JFK was a poster boy for future presidents.

These guys are poster boys for future news crews that may think about checking with the Gov before releasing video.

Just saying...

now that was one of the best
posts on this thread.
star 4 u

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Yeah, I came across that article stating he was fired back in April. He still manages the company that operates the news helicopters: www.angelcityair.com...
Still no luck id'ing the pilot for the trail filming. I don't think it would be the cameraman since he's not listed on the list of pilots at the link above.

but isn't that weird
the guy you fired comes back
with some of the most viral
tv footage in the last decade?
Does that say something???

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Not sure he "came back" to do anything. He's owned the helicopters the stations use and once was a reporter for KCBS. He's rather well off so I don't see what's to gain by staging anything.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Come on!!! Boon??

What is the world are you thinking these days.. I have to assume that your complete leap from reality lately, is due to some chemical influence.

Now "the powers that be" are sabataging the news copter because they witnessed the OBVIOUS comtrail? Have you completely lost it?

Maybe I was off base, but I was under the impression that you were a foundation of realistic thinking.. This is delusional and ludacris -

I am sitting here thinking that your last 2 threads are sarcastic and show the flaws in conspiracy nuts and how far they will go into fantasy land.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have an airframe mechanic friend who happens to work at Whiteman. He says that these helicopters are used and abused frequently, and a lot of them are coming up on retirement age.

There really is no conspiracy here, channel 9 just needs to upgrade their equipment. Thankfully no one was hurt, and I bet they will find some extra cash in the budget for a new chopper.

That said, I really would like to think there is more to this story, but I really dont believe there is any more than that.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RicketyCricket

The Op abandoned this long ago... He was excited with his other thread about the missile. He thought he could tie the 2 together. I give him an A+ for effort.

But... The chopper that shot the video was sky2... The chopper that broke was Sky9....2 totally different choppers... 2 totally different pilots... 2 totally different bases..You couldn't connect the 2 if you had 200 yards of cable.

I think the Op realized that this was a bad path to take. Or he is drawing up the worlds longest rebuttal in Microsoft Word as we speak.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join