It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“My First Cavity Search.” Extreme Sickness at the TSA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I know my version isn't perfect. But to compare it to the original is a mistake. You don't have anything to compare the original with, so you don't see any flaws in the original. You only see flaws in mine because 1 you know its a fake, and 2 you are comparing it with something else.

I added the blur, I added the grain, I added fake reflections, I added fake illumination around the edges. The camera itself has blur, and grain, I just had trouble matching it. Other people may not. It is completely possible. I only spent like 5 minutes on mine.

But if a paranoid, selfish, stuck up person who thinks he is being molested by TSA wanted to cause controversy, they would spend much longer on it.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Well, the photographer had this on his Flickr page for months along with other non-Photoshop'd images before the notice about this. The person has claimed it is real. With the media contacting this person about interviews we'll most likely find out if it's real. Be patient.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

I know that... I was just saying it could easily be faked.

I personally don't see why someone would fake it, it's really a non-issue.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

Think about this for a second... if they were really concerned about terrorism then wouldn’t they secure the boarders? If they really believed in free and open society then why did they test out extreme forms of tyranny at the g20 summits? Why can they monitor us but if we videotape them we can be arrested?

^ There aren't many more compelling points regarding "Homeland Security" than your comment.

"This isn't about safety, it isn't about security, it isn't about the rule of law. It's about obedience."

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by thepixelpusher

I know that... I was just saying it could easily be faked.

I personally don't see why someone would fake it, it's really a non-issue.

You say it could be easily faked, then say you don't see why someone would fake it, so does that mean you think it is real? You dismiss it as a non-issue, so you must not be completely denying its authenticity?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
You say it could be easily faked, then say you don't see why someone would fake it, so does that mean you think it is real?

Obviously it means I haven't decided if I think it is real or not.

I am leaning towards it being real, but it could be faked. However, I don't see why someone would fake it because it's really not a big deal. That is just one reason for me to believe it may be real.

Originally posted by filosophia
You dismiss it as a non-issue, so you must not be completely denying its authenticity?

I am saying, IF it is real, it's not a big deal. I am "on the fence" and discussing the possibilities of both sides.

It really isn't a big deal. The desktop background was set by a normal human with a sense of humor. Many conspiracy theorists (including Alex Jones) push a mindset that anyone who works for the government is a hardened brainwashed zombie killer robot with no sense of humor, and they take this rubbish topic too seriously.

Imagine working for the TSA and you constantly get complaints about being searched for weapons. Sooner or later you are going to build up a sense of humor on the topic so you can get through the day.

Bad taste or unprofessional is in the eye of the beholder.

I used to have a friend that worked as "customer service" for a major cooperation. You know what he had on his desk?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

Many conspiracy theorists (including Alex Jones) push a mindset that anyone who works for the government is a hardened brainwashed zombie killer robot with no sense of humor,

"hardened brainwashed zombie killer robot"

Wow, just wow.

Wrong, if you would actually listen to Alex Jones once in a while you'd hear him say he KNOWS there are good people within the government and he's even said there are good TSA workers, many of whom know who he is and tell him he's doing a good job.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
America is getting more nazi than ever, how long will this go on ??? are people in US so chicken to do any thing about it ??

hehe yes i said chicken..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
The first image is a fake produced by this man here Not too hard to work out as the address of his web site is on the image.

I strongly suspect the second image of being a photoshop too

First image? The cartoon? You mean cartoon characters are not real people?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join