It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychedelic Sounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Psychedelic Sounds.

get the right music in the right setting...the right internal chemical balance...and boom! life takes on a whole galaxy of 'new' and you're suddenly very 'at home' in this seemingly ever expansive universe.

I once attended a 3 day psychedelic trance festival; 72 hours of psy trance surrounded by open nature as far as the eyes could see. It was an awesome thing to experience; dancing cross country over hills and through a paddock full of ravers hippies & other interesting characters a good 100km's out in the bush away from anything...I've also helped friends hold & promote their own raves & thoroughly enjoyed my time in the crowd and behind the scenes.

Long story short I've come to realize there is something special about psychedelic trance music.

I've grown to appreciate this music a certain way, I'm going to share some of my favorite tunes, and I hope you will post new mind blowing tracks as you come across them & any T&C abiding stories of past raves, festivals or otherwise psychedelic music related experiences you might want to share I'd love to read as well

While this thread was started with psydub, psybient, traditional psytrance, progressive goa trance & the other Goa flavours in mind; any music can be posted here as long as it has provided a wonderful 'trip' for someone - be that James Brown or John coltrane, Mozart or Devin Townsend, but please follow these post guidelines if you will...

1. Psychedelic music OR
  2. Music that you 'kick back and trip out' to
  3. if there is no 'rhythm section' per se, but it's ambience is a psychedelic way, it passes

4. if you think you have a gem from pre-trance era's that 'does it' for you, I want to here it
  5. try to limit 'embedded videos' to one per post - text link for other tracks in post please
    quality over quantity

Going to kick off this thread with the track I'm listening to now, I've personally found the ambient tracks are where they really excel, but this is my favorite from their trance stuff.

System 7 Hinotori

Other good psychedelic & chill stuff by System 7

-Wave Bender
-Night Owl
-Faydeaudeau
-over and out

-fractal Liason
-big sky city
-Davy Jones Locker
-Batukau

Thanks and enjoy!

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

edit on 12/11/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

I love this music in general..I personally enjoy House, and Electro/House. Give me a hard baseline wit some good vocals and WOW!!! I feel like I'm on another planet...Check out this website dude its great it has Electro, House, and your favorite Trance..www.livingelectro.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
thanks for the music. enjoyed listening to it. Btw, you probably dont care, but the song "hinotori" is a japanese word. It means firebird, hence the video about a phoenix. Just a random fact.
anyway, I dont know if this fits your category, but is is a song that takes you on a journey. check it out.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
thanks for the posts guys

Artorius
House is cool, electro, whatever - if it makes you feel the way I described then it belongs here
trance is awesome but I'm more inclined to DNB for upbeat stuff and psybient downtempo stuff then trancey stuff

bulletproof_monk
Your welcome, glad you liked the tunes, Yeah I'm interested in lots of things, anime/manga included & I've always thought the fire bird thing was cool though I haven't seen/read the manga yet, and 'heavyweight' is one of my favourite IM tracks, and IM are classic psytrance so its a good contribution all round

just to reiterate - anything psychedelic that takes you the listener on a journey, is A-OK for posting here
it doesn't have to be trance

Peace!
-B.M
edit on 12/11/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Don't have many by these guys but these two are

Jaia - Sommeil Paradoxal

Mai Mai (full version)

-B.M

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Oh heres another great one. Although pretty much everything by dj shadow is awesome

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Awesome,. I have been looking for some new trance music to play along with,.
this stuff is great ,.
Thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

no worries! it'd be cool if you wanted to recommend a song too...

~~~

Prometheus - Arcadia Magik

The man who swan through a speaker
Cherry Pie

I prefer the slower more progressive & more 'psychedelic' psytrance then the 'classic' almost traditional psytrance form...

This is more my kind of trip...

Flowjob - Jessica Lee

GMS Vs. Earthling - Shiva Devotion
Freq - Away
Emok Vs. NDSA - Harbour Candy (Solead Remix)
Kasey Taylor - Peaches (Luke Chable Remix)
Ace ventura - Serenity Now (XV Kilist & Rocky Remix)
Antix - Seven Seas

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M
edit on 15/11/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
down tempo post this time...

Rencause - Breeze

Krusseldorf and Koan - Watermarks (feat. Carl Sagan)

-B.M

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Love listening to this song while tripping.. good vibes.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Terry Riley - A Rainbow in Curved Air (1967)

Dragonfly - Celestial Empire (1968)

The United States of America - The Garden of Earthly Delights (1968)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Terry Riley's track reminds me of modern psytrance, pink floyd & 80's video games. Very cool that it was made 67'.

2nd song, I liked the intro but didn't expect it to sound the way it did when it all kicked off, threw me off a bit but cool song & thanks for sharing

The U.S.A, I have that album, decent tunes, I'd love to hear it remastered.

The U.S.A and that sort of rock reminds me somewhat of
The beetles - Tomorrow Never Knows (1970?)

Tame Impala - Solitude is bliss (2010)
(band from W.A whose singer sounds like Lennon, I love there sound - couldn't recommend them enough - not to mention a groovy film clip
)

And finally a fantastic and little known band that once opened for floyd -
The Quintessence - Notting Hill Gate (1969)

The Quintessence - Midnight Mode

The Flutist is Raja Ram, currently the only psytrance DJ still internationally active at 60+ years of age (maybe 70+), and touring quite a lot - total legend, pioneer of Psychedelia, He has also played in "1200 micrograms" & "Shpongle" the later of which will get its own post at a later date covering all 3 albums as the essential listening they are.

Peace!

-B.M
edit on 21/11/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Celtic Cross - Jade Garden

-- Darshannon
--Lapis
-5th Level
-Mundis Imaginus

-P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

edit on 24/11/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hey check out

www.ektoplazm.com

For free, legal psytrance downloads

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
In celebration of the half a dozen ufo related threads to have just recently appeared...

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Tensor
link
Carbon Based Lifeforms - MOS6581
link
Hallucinogen - The Herb Garden
link
Mystery of the yeti - A welcome to all ETs

I also recommend the following but couldn't find them on ze tube,

• Electrypnose - Aladdin
  • Grains of sound - Lost in translation
  • Kenji williams - progress of the soul

Enjoy!