It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question of Equality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
So I posted a thread yesterday morning about Jesse Ventura's conspiracy theory show. The show airs tonight and claims to have blown the lid on FEMA camps.
My thread
My thread was met with little enthusiasm and a tad of hostility despite the fact that I myself stated in the OP that I am skeptical about how good the show will be.

So I get a few replies, no stars, no flags. I thought 'hey, no problem'. 'People aren't interested, big deal, nevermind'.
So I go about my day, do my business and think nothing more of it.

BUT THEN...

I get home, switch on the computer. Log onto ATS and what do I see on the front page??!!
Still don't think they built FEMA camps???
WITH 30 FLAGS AND COUNTING!!!.

Don't get me wrong, I don't usually care how many flags I get but to see a duplicate thread get over 30 flags and mine had 1, really pissed me off. I started it 6 hours earlier

Whenever I have started a thread that has already been posted, it is usually closed within minutes and I am redirected to the existing thread. WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THAT HAPPEN IN THIS CASE???

I feel a bit cheated and wonder where the equality is!

*Rant Over*

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Its a time of day thing. No activity on a thread for awhile and it drops off radar. Sucks, but it happens :/

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Maybe there was not many people online at the moment on ats when you post your post,and when they did came online your thread was dropped and the new thread was on top.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

reply to post by Quasi

You are probably both right. However, why are my duplicates always shut down in minutes and this one was allowed to thrive?

Doesn't seem fair really...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The duplicate has 47 flags now...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
So I posted a thread yesterday morning about Jesse Ventura's conspiracy theory show. The show airs tonight and claims to have blown the lid on FEMA camps.
My thread
My thread was met with little enthusiasm and a tad of hostility despite the fact that I myself stated in the OP that I am skeptical about how good the show will be.

So I get a few replies, no stars, no flags. I thought 'hey, no problem'. 'People aren't interested, big deal, nevermind'.
So I go about my day, do my business and think nothing more of it.

BUT THEN...

I get home, switch on the computer. Log onto ATS and what do I see on the front page??!!
Still don't think they built FEMA camps???
WITH 30 FLAGS AND COUNTING!!!.

Don't get me wrong, I don't usually care how many flags I get but to see a duplicate thread get over 30 flags and mine had 1, really pissed me off. I started it 6 hours earlier

Whenever I have started a thread that has already been posted, it is usually closed within minutes and I am redirected to the existing thread. WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THAT HAPPEN IN THIS CASE???

I feel a bit cheated and wonder where the equality is!

*Rant Over*

Equality? You want equality? Not on this planet mate. Timing, I think, is what resulted in the appearance of preference in threads that you allude to. Still I will join you in bitching about unfairness and inequality. Let's have a group rant... shall we?

Ok now I feel better. How about you?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

Yes, that helped a little, thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
OP I'm picking up what you're throwing down, it's always a total crapshoot!!!

(I even went so far as to calculate the IDEAL time to start a thread on ATS...turns out it is around 1:30 PM CST)

I cannot divulge my formula, just trust me

As long as you submitted a complaint, what else can you do? The ATS Gods do what they will, but good rant.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Thank you and thanks for the info man.

I am feeling a lot cooler about it all now.

edit on 12-11-2010 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

top topics

join