It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chopper 2 Films Red-Hot Streak Moving Behind Emp. State Bldg

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

The majority of military officers, for example General McInerny...

Do you have the source citing this "majority"? So far, it is a "majority of one", and it's McInerny out twisting in the breeze, it seems....

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAllGod

Correct. The nearby buildings appear to move quickly. Because of parallax, a distant object would appear to move more slowly, if at all. Because we do not know whether the camera was panning or not, we cannot make an estimate of its speed. If the camera were panning from right to left, a stationary object would appear to move from left to right. The appearance and behavior of the "object" is consistent with it being a reflection that changes its apparent and location depending on the angle of incidence. The resolution of the YouTube video is too poor to confirm this however.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yeah it was definitely military if you ask me. That thing was hauling ass for it to be outrunning the camera in a Helicopter from that distance. Probably some F-15s.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
so all these years with helicopter cameras and just NOW they start catching strange "contrails"???
is "contrails" the new "swamp gas"?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
There is a good photo of the NY trail maker in the NY papers which
is now owned by the publisher. The Illuminati sends up the ships and
takes the photos for extra coins and seals up the photo under copyright.
Sure wait till TOMORROW..and the trail will still be there.
Who will take that picture.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
First, it was a red streak, so I guess contrails now come in assorted colors. Planes do not normally fly over that part of Manhattan and it was too low. Also, that is the strangest color sky for NY, and either the film was hazy or there is some serious smog present.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

First, it was a red streak, so I guess contrails now come in assorted colors.

How is "red" an "assorted color"?

It is red from being illuminated by the very, very red setting Sun. Happens to contrails because, after all, they really are just a type of cloud. Surely you've seen red clouds before?:

Planes do not normally fly over that part of Manhattan and it was too low.

Check your perspective. It wasn't "over" Manhattan. AND, it wasn't low. It was far, far off, at high altitude. Looks "low" because of the curvature of the Earth, and the vanishing horizon, and its altitude.

Also, that is the strangest color sky for NY, and either the film was hazy or there is some serious smog present.

Either smog, or a very humid evening, with haze. Nothing we haven't seen before, after sunset, during dusk.....

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Check your perspective. It wasn't "over" Manhattan. AND, it wasn't low. It was far, far off, at high altitude.

Oh well, I just can't figure out why CBS news said it was near the Empire State Building, and how they could photograph buildings with a plane so high up above the tops of them. Silly me.

Or are you suggesting that the plane was way up at a high altitude and the contrail fell below and continued on a path under its own steam. Truly amazing!
edit on 11-11-2010 by Siren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think...I should've searched for this thread.

Shame, the video actually had me fooled for the first 2 seconds.

I feel sorry for Ms. "It looks like a comet!"

You'd think anchors would actually posses a little skill to analyze video. But she is pretty hot, we can let her off.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117
*it seems like this local news is trying to use the excitement from the missile in L.A. to boost it's ratings..

Well the LA 'missile' was presented by CBS 8

This one is presented by CBS 2

Seems we have a main stream news source that has just turned conspiracy nut

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siren
First, it was a red streak, so I guess contrails now come in assorted colors.

Why yes they do...

Of course you could say those are chemtrails... but then Herr Weed Wacker might explode

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Couldnt of said it better. Con trails or chem trails whichever it may be will give off any color the setting sun or water molecules in the air are giving off to the human eye.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
yeah

One of my favorites...

www.airliners.net...
edit on 12-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
saw alot of shiny sundown contrails...and nothing unusual on this...but..

wat makes me thinking was....its pretty fast for a usual plane isnt it?

Agreed Its more likely a military Jet Fighter,then a commercial jet, the commercial jet dont leave a contrail or chemtrail like that.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Contrails do not appear at low altitude...if that was a contrail, it had to be made by a passenger, that ish was BOOKING. I'm not buying it. Whatever that was, was at a decent distance and altitude, and was moving quick.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
couldn't explain what it was.

Adding to the confusion, the Pentagon, Navy, Air Force, Federal Aviation Administration, Coast Guard and North American Aerospace Defense Command each said Tuesday that they had investigated the sighting but couldn't explain what it was.

Hey we know we know ask us we have plenty of experts here.
A good photo taken but the photographer wasn't given any input

The writer on this has a few conspiracy topics.

Ho hum what will today bring.
Lingering contrails anyone.
ED: Is not a red streak see the photo in my link to the New York Post.
Other comments there or elsewhere have mentioned constant velocity
for planes and the trail perhaps for a rocket. So a plane that has rocket
assist or is puffing out fake smoke.

edit on 11/12/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

so all these years with helicopter cameras and just NOW they start catching strange "contrails"???
is "contrails" the new "swamp gas"?

Contrails were around for decades, yet some people swear they never saw one until recently... after someone told them they were poison. No-one thought much of the odd contrail in the sky until some crafty cameraman spotted one that looked like a rocket. Once a TV station aired this footage, claiming that it really was a rocket, a virulent meme was released and people are seeing them everywhere. This thread makes it clear that "mystery missiles" are the new "UFOs."
edit on 12-11-2010 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct typo.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
So let me get this straight - instead of the camera panning to follow the object as it moves quickly behind the buildings the camera is zoomed in on the object and is moving with the helicopter and buildings go by while the object stays in the field of the camera. Like looking at the moon near the horizon while traveling in a car. The moon doesn't move and the trees and landscape aren't moving but 'you' the camera is moving.

Well after some people worked to get this idea through to me I watched the movie again. This time I watched not the object but rather for signs the helicopter was moving really quickly. And guess what? It is. Some buildings almost hidden in the darkness can be seen going by very quickly as they are closer than the ones in the skyline. Had the camera not been zoomed in on the object and had a wider field of view I believe that the illusion would not be so pronounced.

After taking this new observation into account I now see that the object is not moving fast at all but that the camera is. Therefore, I, MegaMind, conclude that just like the one off LA it is a jet contrail only.

Geez Louise people quit with the contrails already its taking up too much of the MegaMind's precious computing power.
edit on 12-11-2010 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2010 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

EXACTAMUNDO!!!!

To add (to your excellent Moon photography from moving car analogy)....just in case there are some out in the audience with any lingering doubts....

...filming the Moon, from a car window, as you drive along, with trees or buildings in the foreground...yes, makes the Moon appear to be flying quickly over all those things....UNTIL you zoom back and the frame of the car appears in the picture...right? THEN your mind immediately realizes that your POV is from inside the moving vehicle, and the illusion of the moving Moon vanishes.

In the Manhattan contrail example, we do NOT see any parts of the helicopter that the camera was riding in, so it fools the mind perfectly.....
edit on 12 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oh where, oh where is the plane in the Manhattan photo/video?

All your pics show the plane with the contrail directly behind it.

Duh...........................

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join