It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chopper 2 Films Red-Hot Streak Moving Behind Emp. State Bldg

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
they are doing this to get the word "contrail" embedded in peoples minds before they hear the word "chemtrail".

so that when their tinfoil friends run up to them trying to warn them about chemtrails, they will know what to parrot back.

consider it a nationwide briefing..

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndFUTURE

I've been documenting and recording the Chemtrail operation over NYC since 1999. I have trained my eyes to distinguish between chemtrails and contrails, distance, temperature, humidity, time (lingering contrails)...etc.

That is the strangest contrail behavior I have ever seen. Very unusual indeed! That's a first for me.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I've never seen short trails like that, and going that fast I'd expect it to be close enough to be able to see the plane.
Either way it did look pretty cool in the sunlight.
edit on 11-11-2010 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Fascinating display of living swamp gas taking a stride

S&F OP

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Although the video is not clear, I don't believe it was a plane. I am sure this chopper pilot sees planes all of the time, and he appears close enough to be able to tell if it was a plane.
Clearly, he did not, and for that reason, I do not.
And from what I can tell from the video, nothing leads me to believe it is a contrail.
Strange things in the sky lately. Funny how the same members don't seem to see anything unusual?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I have read most of the postings on these recent missile threads, my thoughts;
1) If they are missiles then; a) be happy nobody can hit anything with them or b) be scared nobody can hit what they are aiming at.
2) Does it make sense to anyone that if we were in some sort of media blind military exchange, or action, that the U.S. would launch anything from home here to anywhere over there? do you think, they are thinking; "here! take that missile, and tomorrow I will send another in your general direction." ( I hear John Cleese's voice there too.)
3) Maybe Clearwire is just trying to get more 4G network satellites up.
4) The media's modus operendus is still the same... 5 year boy trips down stairs and gets hot dog stuck up his nose in Jersey City. The next day you will hear about other young kids tragically getting hot dogs stuck up their noses. Find one that fell down a well and got a hot dog stuck and that is ratings bonus. Then the bloggers and someone from here will start a thread on the epic dangers of hot dogs and the governments involvement with suppressing the use of warning labels on the hot dogs. "It's all about population control, man."
So of course we are going to hear, and see, more pretty con-trail pictures until the story is no longer interesting.
So to conclude:
I believe the cause(s) are planes. If a missile than they have stealth re-entry, because even if there were only a BlackCat firecracker taped to the nose cone and it hit Sven Jorgenson's row boat in Sortland, Norway, people in Mount Airey, NC would be hearing about it before Sven even did.
If it was a rocket, satellite payload, than great, I hate my current internet connection.

I do want to thank those that did, do all the homework, that ensured my conclusion that they were and are planes causing the hooha. A special shout out to Phage. (if he ever panics, go get your can goods)

Someone posted a clip from the Hannity show (can't stand the guy but...) The General that seems to be 100% sure that it was a missile has sold me for now that it was a missile, and equally sure, it was ours.

edit on 11-11-2010 by Res Ipsa because: opinion change...doh!

(((((I mean the Cali. event, not this one)))
edit on 11-11-2010 by Res Ipsa because: ooops, I am referring to the Cali. missile...not this

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

It's moving way to fast. Common sense often alludes the so called professional. I learned a long time ago to trust my own lying eyes before someone elses.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I started a thread on this after unsuccessfully finding this in a search. (no offense ATS, but your search-feature really stinks. Unless you come up with the exact words in the exact order, ones search efforts are fruitless)
but................my question (as to why I posted this is) if these are nothing but average, every-day, typical and non-extraordinary CONtrails then, why present them on television?

I just don't get it. Wait, I DO get it (in my suspicious laden mind) but why isn't this striking everyone as 'strange'?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here is an excellent post from the article comments section. I would those of you talking about the chopper being the source of the apparent sped to comment on it. Also, if this is a contrail, well, where's the trail? The trailing edge disappears as soon as the leading glow appears. In other words, it looks like more like friction against the atmoshere due to the incredible speed of the object at what seems to be low altitude.

"theJackal

Bhahaha contrail?!??!?! Contrails form at alttitudes 12500-37000 ft. where the air temp is -20 to -40F. and the hot jet exhaust condenses in the cold air. This is not at 30000ft., and it’s moving in excess of 5000 MPH…. To the idiots that say the heli is moving, making the object look like it’s a fast mover, look at the buildings for a reference, the heli is barley creeping along. Most commercial choppers max around 130MPH, insignificant compared to the speed of the ‘object’. In short it ain’t no plane.

November 11, 2010 at 9:48 am | Reply | Report comment "

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Its on its way to CHICAGO... ohhhhh noz

2nd

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
That video shows something way too fast for a jet with a contrail. Think about it - when have you ever seen a jet leaving a contrail move that fast. If you say it is moving fast because it is close to the ground then I say when have you seen a jet producing a contrail that close to the ground. It's odd. For the jet to be high enough to make a contrail and yet move across that much sky it would have to be hauling @ss!

I agree with the anchor woman, except rather than a comet I'd say it looks like a meteor, but that's not to say it is.
edit on 11-11-2010 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
its been done before

on the west coast with more smoke.
The early development site noted by researchers in the matter.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Agreed, not only is it moving fast it is also way too thick to be a jet contrail. Look how thick that thing is. You can get an idea about how thick it is when it passes behind the buildings. A jet contrail would be much thinner.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This object having a contrail must be very far away compared to the buildings. Since it is late afternoon, we can see this otherwise too distant contrail because the sun is illuminating it.

Normally, this object would appear to move at the normal rate across the sky, but since this is a zoomed in shot AND because we are comparing the speed relative to the buildings, it appears to be moving much faster than we would expect.

Kind of like how the moon looks larger near the horizon. It's sort of an optical illusion.

Most importantly, CBS corporate probably liked all the high ratings they got with that California missile/contrail video, so now ALL the CBS helicopter camera crews are trying to get similar footage to continue this current trend and increase traffic to their websites.

cj6

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The most intriguing thing about this object has to be how incredibly fast its moving
if it were a plane shouldn't it appear to move a lot slower from that distance as most planes do?? I saw a plane fly over my head this morning and it was moving reeeally slow

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
OMG it is probably a missile and people are so stupid they are focusing on vapor trails!!!
If people here seen an nuke blast they would probably just go inside and say they seen fireworks …

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
The most intriguing thing about this object has to be how incredibly fast its moving
if it were a plane shouldn't it appear to move a lot slower from that distance as most planes do?? I saw a plane fly over my head this morning and it was moving reeeally slow

There are a couple reasons this plane appears to be moving fast, but really is moving just as slow as usual. Read this post to learn why.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Planes at night around New York City are often seen on video.
You keep waiting and waiting for it to move so you can determine if its a star or not.
A helicopter you can spot easily over New York City because they are closer
and allowed to fly over the city where as planes are not.

cj6

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Steve8511

If it were a missile, and im not saying it isnt, then that would make 2 missiles launches since yesterday and my question is where are these missiles going?? Shouldnt there be a blast and possible ppl being injured or some kind of damage?? Im just saying if they are missiles they wouldnt just be flyin through the air and then disappearing...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The "missile" seems to be travelling perfectly horizontally and seems to be travelling slightly ahead of the camera's motion. This could be nothing more than a reflection of the sunset on the perspex window of the helicopter. The only thing keeping me from stating this more definitively is that it does wink out as it passes the Empire State Building. Its brightness also varies slightly as it passes other tall buildings.Under the circumstances I have no problem calling this "unidentified," yet now people who would normally call this a UFO seem positive that its a "missile." Has ATS gone missile happy lately?

Edit to add: the fact the there were 7 million people with cell phone cameras in the city, yet only a traffic helicopter "spotted" this suggests that it's something to do with the helicopter.
edit on 11-11-2010 by DJW001 because: Edit to add additional observations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join