It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Building 5000 Underground Shelters by 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maiden PEI

You're on to something.
I'd like see to some links to the secret underground cities for the elite.

For the rest of us U.S. citizens, looks like FEMA camps!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Very shady to say the least. I wonder if I can get a reservation?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
While I do not believe anything *super big* will happen in 2012 I think russia is just beefing up their shelters for a when SHTF happens could be tomorrow could be next week, 2012 has nothing to do with all that is going on... Even if there is a solar flare we knew this could of happened for years. In any case if you see russia leaving irans power facility and war about to start with iran I would think it's getting time for a big life changing event. In this case the russians have been getting prepared for whatever they think will come. Don't look so much into the 2012 aspect.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The US/UK needs to take leaf out of Chinas and Russias book regarding this. I can see the scene from the 2012 playing out. Sorry your not coming in unless your stinking rich.

After watching many documentaries on the 2012 thing. It is hard to see what the truth is. That's disinfo for you. One person says it aint gonna happen then another says yes it is. Looking at everything that is happening around the world now. Something is brewing. I have not seen so many earthquakes, Volcanic eruptions, sunamis etc in such a short period of time.

Sorry back on topic. I was drifting of the topic there for a moment.
Here in Manchester UK. We still have the old air raid shelters. You can see them on the tourist walks Here
During WW2 the London underground was used as shelters. These are a Victorian marvell on their own. Link
I guess only time will tell. We can speculate til the cows come home.

The world is full of underground shelters.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
They have something in the works for the world and they know what it is

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Perhaps, but it's screws up the real estate too much. If something like that is going down and it's man made it will be most likely a virus. The Russian government could be just fear mongering. Either that or the sun is getting ready to do some weird stuff.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormflower007

Poleshifts have not happened in 200My. No pole shift has ever been found to be fast. The Earth is not losing gravity.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I guess the evidence shown in 2012 The Final Prophecy on the National Geographic Channel is a made up then.
Well that puts me at rest then. I can sleep better at night now.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I love this claim about the coldest winter in 1000 years. The articles I checked online seemed to all be copies of the same article. They give the reason as a slow down in the Gulf Stream. That claim is a fake claim based on the work of a nonexistent Italian researcher. The articles referred to forecasters instead of forecasters from and then named the organization, which is what a legitimate article would have done.

What I found is that US modeling and European modeling suggests a winter that will be colder than average, but not as cold as last winter.
Winter 2010/2011 update: Cold and dry?

I am not surprised that no one bothered to check the veracity f this claim before spewing this story all over the web.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

I'll start to look into the existence of any of these bunkers. My guess is that they do not exist. A project of that size would required a huge investment. The amount of removed material would form mountains. These are bigger volumes than the gold mines in copper-gold belt of Quebec. The material from those mines has been piled into mountains. Where are the mountains of debris from these excavations?

People in the US may be familiar with the Big Dig, a tunnel project in Boston.
The Big Dig - Facts & Figures

The project is excavating a total of 16 million cubic yards of dirt, enough to fill a stadium to the rim 16 times.

About two-thirds of the dirt was trucked to landfills and other sites. Moving all that dirt took more than 541,000 truckloads. If all those trucks were lined up end to end, they'd back up 4,612 miles. That's all the way to Brasilia, capital of Brazil, as the crow flies, or to the Panama Canal strictly over land.

The rest of the dirt, more than 4,400 barge loads of it, went to Spectacle Island in Boston Harbor, where an old dump was capped to make way for a new park.

Nearly 3 million cubic yards of clay was made available to New England cities and towns to cap landfills that had reached capacity.

People don't think about the material removed to form the void needed for an underground facility. It's a lot. Where do you put it all?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkRift

The National Geographic channel includes a lot of less than trustworthy junk laughingly called documentaries.

The facts are rather simple. Geologists have been looking for TPWs for a long time. They are rare events in geological history. The evidence is that no TPWs have occurred in 200My. A suggestion for one 84Ma is widely disputed by geologists because the evidence is against such a TPW.

Apparent and true polar wander and the geometry of the geomagnetic field over the last 200 Myr
Late Cretaceous True Polar Wander: Not So Fast

Here is what the National Geographic Society has to say about pole shifts.
Shifting of the Poles
The article talks about the invention of the idea, and the best candidate for a pole shift being the 800Ma event.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The Earth is not losing gravity.

Pity.

It would be an easy way to lose weight.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Well it's pretty obvious you dont believe in any of the 2012 hype. That's ok, it your view/opinion.
BUT it's been proven that sudden polar shift has occurred in the past. Not the type that you may be thinking
of but a 20-50 degree shift in location. Enough to cause continents to Rise and Fall. Water to Drain and Surge. Weather to change in a few days to extreme.
Examples of all these are the Pyramids/cities that are underwater intact.
The Grand Canyon in the U.S. and other parts of the world were water used to be.
Animals found determined to be instantly frozen in the norther hemispheres with grass in their stomach. Grass determined to be from hot/warm climates.
The list goes on my friend.

None of us are sure what may happen on that year because there are over 6 different scenarios of what could happen. It would be nice however to narrow it down. This would be by figuring out why Russia came out openly and said that they are building 5000 bunkers. With an estimated 18,000 bunkers across the country be completed by 2012.

edit on 12-11-2010 by magestyk7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

None of which you list is indicative of a pole shift.

BUT it's been proven that sudden polar shift has occurred in the past.

That has been specifically eliminated. The evidence is completely against such an event especially in recent geological times. There have been no pole shifts in 200 million years.

1. continents change elevation due to plate tectonics
2. rapid water changes are due to a number of events, but not pole shifts
3. extreme weather changes happen now and that is evidence against pole #s
4. there are no pyramids under water
5. normal plate tectonic changes can cause land to rise and subside
6. the Grand Canyon is an erosion feature produced by the Colorado river
7. No animals have been found to be instantly frozen
8. The stomach contents were not from hot climates

It seems you've been very misinformed my friend.

Pole shifts are detected by magnetic features, not by falsifying or misrepresenting evidence as you've listed. Fringe authors have made up all sorts of outright lies such as the stomach contents of mammoths. Few intact mammoths have been recovered and of those none were so-called flash frozen. They drowned, often in mud. That is why their bodies were intact. They were removed from an oxygen environment and suffered little decay before being frozen.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Well my friend we all have our beliefs and opinions. You have yours and I have mine.
One of my beliefs is that you(like many others) are following 'False Facts' it's what you were thought and is what you only know.

This is my last reply to you, but remember this quote, because Religions, Governments and Leaders ALL know this too well.

"He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future."
-- George Orwell

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

Obviously you missed the point of whole news report. The correspondent said that "in next two years, the plans will be developed for their construction" (starting around 1:28).

This means that the shelters will not be build for 2012.

This thread debunked.

-v

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
"in the next 2 years, the plans will be developed for their construction" 1:28. Therefore, only the plans will be completed around 2012.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

It's rather alarming, that believers in anything often dismiss the crucial information in their "evidence".. This is how the faith makes one blind and deaf...

And also it is alarming how this thread has so many subscribers already. It is as if none of them even watched the video with thought.

-v
edit on 13-11-2010 by v01i0 because: 239

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The consensus on the net is that these will be completed by 2012. That architects are currently designing these bunkers now and this uniform design will speed up construction by a percentage.

Russia is also investing $1 billion in Antarctica, with phase one being completed by 2013.

The reality is they are building more shelters for a future event, this is on top of the underground cities, bases they already have, Like the Norway seed bank this is just another example of something that will make you go hmmmm.

And ya all wanna talk about the reporter that suddenly with a shaky voice announces that the research and development will last until 2012...yet the discussion on the net often includes this post:

It just struck me as very strange that it would be pronounced so strongly and with a haste that this will and must be done by 2012. It makes your thinking’s take off and go into high gear…

This construction project according to the net has been confirmed by the Russian Government but I don't speak Russian.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

In a city like Moscow it would be a miracle to build 5000 shelters in a 2 years (think about all the bureauchracy and public resistance... where would they build?). It will take years to even buy the properties for the construction and when considering that the plans were just announced, I don't see it happening.

To me it sounds like a ridiculous claim. This thread seems to be just another desperate attempt to stir 2012 soup.

Well, as the OP said... only some 700+ days left till we find out

-v

PS. "Consensus on the internet"? C'mon you gotta be kiddin

If such thing exists, it is pretty well hidden.
edit on 13-11-2010 by v01i0 because: 329

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join