It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I fought the War on Terror.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Omega Pickle, your situation is the perfect example of the 'herd' policing itself. It's the 'people policing the people' effect that the Government is creating. Uh huh, when the Government comes out with something else to 'be on the watch for', of course, people will unknowingly become upaid agents of the Government.

In the Matrix Movie, the agents of the Matrix have the ability to show up in people anywhere at anytime. That is when the agents morph from the people wherever they find Morpheus and his crew. What I mean here is that you are serving the Matrix of the Government, following its orders to watch out for 'this' and 'that', in effect, allowing the Big Brother Government to have its eyes on all places.

Yours is a good example of the Big Brother Government and coming New World Order.

I'm not saying what you did was right or wrong, which means I'm not passing judgement on your action. I'm just pointing out my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Immortal, before the 1960s people policed eachother much better than they do today. If you had a kid out of wed-lock, the kid was forced into adoption and you went to a "home for unwed mothers" curtesy of your neighbors. There is no harm in people watching eachother as long as they are not being "Thought police" or watching for political decenters.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked
This pissed me off, this was not just some "suspicious package" it was a box that had "radioactive meterials" sign on it, a big one at that. It had been knocked over and God know what else. I'm surprised it was as close to the road as it was. I was beginning to wonder if this was a trap set by the athorties to catch someone.

Yes, but the radio active symbol has become quite popular. Just about every hard core gamer has radio active signs on something. You see them everywhere. (Or, at least I have) It's more of a fad now, really.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I still think it's ludicrous to be worried about terrorists using "beer coolers" to attack the USA, based on some obscure warning from the FBI.

What exactly can be put in a beer cooler that's going to be so dangerous?

To me, it's just perpetuating a culture of fear and a way to keep everyone afraid so that they'll stay in line.

But hey, I've been wrong before.

Like twice this year already.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That's my thinking, too. If it's that dangerous, and can fit in a beer cooler, the possibilities to how many other places it could be are astronomical. You might as well worry about TV's, microwaves, refrigerators, computers, shoeboxes, tires, any one of millions of packages shipped daily...well, you get the idea. I choose not to worry about the possibility of things that have such a slim chance of ever happening at all. If you're that worried about it, build yourself a bomb shelter, stock up on canned food, and retire underground.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
And think about this:

If you are constantly on the lookout for "suspicious" behavior and "potentially dangerous" items, then the terrorists have beaten you without even having to do anything.

They've changed your way of life based on vague threats and innuendo that comes from YOUR government, not even from any terrorists directly.

It's my opinion that the US government does more to instill fear in the US population than Al Qaeda could ever dream of doing themselves.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Ambient Sound:

Jakomo's post does a fine job of illustrating why we are not depending on Canada for our national security.

Yeah, because we all know how many people in the mainland USA have lost their lives to terrorists since 9-11.

Oh, that's right, NONE.

You're a good little sheep.

Uh... Anthrax

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Uh... Anthrax

The anthrax was never even linked to Al Qaeda or Iraq. Actually, there's more evidence that it came from labs right here in the US.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
if only the terrorist want to nuke any states in USA,they have much time to enjoy in there.let me ask you here!!!do you think all this terrorist is stupid enuff they even can cover the nuke without being detect not only electronic device but the satellite also.do think this TURBAN and BALACLAVA
didnt learn any technology OMG!!!come on give me a big break.
i think as long this terrorist love to burn the USA flag you should be happy there.cos their anger only show just in the fire but not in your house and your very own backyard

p/s come all terrorist let us singing together`TURN ME ON`by kevin lytlle

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes, but was the anthrax used or not used to terorise the population of the USA?
Also, do you think they were just coincidences, happening during the same time? Heck, the planes came from America, doesnt mean it has nothing to do with Al-Qaeda.
I didnt realize the definition of terrorism involved the word Al-Qaeda or Iraq anywhere.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yeah, but we were talking about this...

Yeah, because we all know how many people in the mainland USA have lost their lives to terrorists since 9-11.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Damned]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
Yeah, but we were talking about this...

That made no sense to me.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but I don't classify internal attacks as "terrorism"....especially if there's absolutely no evidence indicating it as such. Hell, we didn't even call Timothy McVeigh a "terrorist", did we? Obviously, the definition of terrorism has been vastly broadened. It used to only be Islamic people.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So you're saying it's just coincidence that the anthrax attacks occured at roughly the same time as the 9/11 attacks?
And that despite the fact that the anthrax may have been leaked by an Al-Qaeda sympathizer in a Biochem lab, it is just so blatantly an American own-attack as such

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omega Pickle
Well, maybe not but I felt I should post this. I read a few days back that the FBI is warning local law enforcement to be on the watch because Terrorist may use coolers to hide bombs. On my way back from West Point yesterday night I went over the Bear Mountain Bridge and saw an orange cooler just sitting up on the guard rail. It was 12 am and no workers were around. I felt that it was my civic duty to call the State Police and inform them. A worker might have forgotten about it but you can never be too sure.

i am not criticizing what you did, Omega Pickle. it was certainly the right thing. but.. why in america do we have to call this an act in the "war on terror"? in countries which have been fighting terror for far longer, it's simply considered "common sense".

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If I go blow something up, are you going to think it's terrorism, or just some crazy SOB trying to start some #e at a time when there's already plenty of #e happening? I have no idea if it's related, and neither do you. I believe in facts. There are none in this instance. There isn't even a shred of evidence that it had anything to do with an "Al Qaeda sympathizer".

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It should also be asked, How many lives have been saved since 9/11, due to the efforts of citizens to identify and stop potential attacks.
This is an unknown, but I am confident that without the efforts of the authorities and citizens, there would have already been successful attacks on the mainland.

Go ahead and hide with your heads in the ground, there are plenty of Americans who take the threat seriously, and will continue to look out for possible terrorist activity, with or without your help.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Go ahead and hide with your heads in the ground, there are plenty of Americans who take the threat seriously, and will continue to look out for possible terrorist activity, with or without your help.

Hide?!?!?! There's no need to hide!
Hide from what? As far as I'm concerned, I was never in any real danger to begin with. And I don't even feel threatened now. Besides, I'm not afraid of dying. It doesn't scare me in the least. Now go put on your seat belt and wear your helmet. You might benefit from some elbow and knee pads too. You people crack me up....so full of fear.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Hide?!?!?! There's no need to hide!
Hide from what? As far as I'm concerned, I was never in any real danger to begin with. And I don't even feel threatened now. Besides, I'm not afraid of dying. It doesn't scare me in the least. Now go put on your seat belt and wear your helmet. You might benefit from some elbow and knee pads too. You people crack me up....so full of fear.

Denial, its ok, like I said, there are more than enough Americans willing to do what is necessary to protect, even you, so you can live a life free from fear.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Hide from what? As far as I'm concerned, I was never in any real danger to begin with.

There are roughly 3000 people who would probably have agreed with you if they hadn't gone to work at the WTC on Sept. 11th, 2001.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join