It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You think you deserve to earn more than $200k a year?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If it isn't worth getting paid for, why do some people get paid good money for it as well as get money for giving spiritual advice?

I'm being facetious of course. In my opinion those who complain about being poor in America or West Europe really have no clue what being poor means. In America especially you have the opportunity to make it big, but no one seems to care that they have the opportunity to get rich, they want the consequences to be getting rich. In many parts of the world you don't even have the opportunity that Americans have.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Put a lion and a gazelle in a fenced preserve and wait a month ... either the lion kills and eats the gazelle or the lion starves to death. Period.

We are not above these laws of nature.

We've been around for a few thousand years. If we're lucky, we'll be around for a few thousand more ... a small drop in the bucket of time. We are not going to change the fundamental laws of nature.

The thing is, we try not to kill each other. Because we're political animals. Intelligent animals.

The only difference between someone who makes $200k/yr and someone who doesn't is the argument they use to justify why they deserve more and/or others deserve less. Those 2 people are the same. They both believe they deserve more and/or others deserve less.

Well, nature doesn't give a damn.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

What we really need in the US per your recommendation is the fairness police. They can go around and if they find out someone has something they don't deserve, they can take it away. For example. Lets say you find a ten dollar bill on the ground and the fairness police see it and start crying. They can take away your $10 bill in distribute it to someone who deserves it more than you.

Of course this will work spectacularly if and only if you, byteshertz, are in charge of the program I imagine. That is how all authoritarian dictatorships work so splendidly. Its because the dictator at the top knows what is fair and what isn't, and therefore everything that happens is fair... for him/you.

Your 200k salary cap idea is so questionable I don't know where to begin. I'll begin by saying once someone has earned 200k they may no longer want to do any more work. And that doesn't really begin to scratch the surface of your idea. For you to manage to limit people's salaries would require an amazing juggling act of legal framework and legal paperwork so long it will make even a government desk worker groan.

Salary should be based on what... how much you'd like them to have money? Or should it have to do with the marketplace value of someone's labor? And does the marketplace value for someone's labor have to do with how hard the employee is trying, how much much they are producing for the company, or with supply and demand of their specific area of expertise in the marketplace? And you think what... ignoring supply and demand after 200k salary and everyone will be happier? Hmmmm... I'd love to see an example of that for sure.

If you look at the five richest countries, I would guess they all have absolutely zero people starving to death in the streets. Perhaps that could be because wealth starts at the top and trickles down. The most capitalist (as in free-marketplace capitalism not crony capitalism) are Hong Kong and Singapore. I wonder how the poor are faring there compared to places with salary caps.

All we need is a powerful global government with an iron fist to make sure nobody on the planet ever earns a salary too high I suppose. Right? And of course you would be the one in charge to make sure it works just the way you want it.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Great story but I think the focus of this thread is more about "deserving" your money in the frame of ones work benefitting society as a whole. The advancements in financial markets have simply helped the rich get richer, generally at the expense of the guy struggling to save for retirement. In this respect these folks do not deserve their money. I don't think its wrong (I'm an RIA), it is just a reflection of a broken society and people have to do what they have to do. A guy digging a ditch actually provides more meaningful work to society than a whole room of hedge fund managers, we have just been conditioned to think the opposite.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

gullibility, i could make money being a spiritual guide or medium, i would never give one a cent of my money though. total bs to me and the only reason these people make money is because some people are ignorant or spiritually confused

as for conspiracy theory, discussion on the Internet wouldn't you money unless you owned the website, you would have to write a good book about it first, with a good story and promote, promote, promote.

edit on 11-11-2010 by quantumdragon because: grammer

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I don't think anyone who is unemployed...or doesn't make a lot of money are lazy or slobs.

But I do think everyone has a unique skillset.

But why shouldn't I use my skillset to make as much money as I can? If my skillset allows me to make more than you....should I have to sacrafice the extra money I could make to bring my salary down to your level? Are you going to do the same to the person who makes less than you?

Where does this stop?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

You talk about my views leading to dictatorship yet you do not seem to comprehend that when 1% of the population turn their current 43% of the total wealth they own in to 99% of the wealth that is exactly what you will have.

I do not have the answer but I know we can not continue on this road. I know who does have the answer
- President Abraham Lincoln, he created the greenback.

The underlying idea in the greenback philosophy … is that the issue of currency is a function of government, a sovereign right which ought not to be delegated to corporations,

- 1902 Dr Davis Rich Dewey
- Professor of Economics and Statistics... Massachusetts
- Institute of Technology

Would also like to add this quote:
The bold effort the present (central) bank had made to control the government are but premonitions of the fate that await the American people should they be deluded into a perpetuation of this institution or the establishment of another like it.
- President Andrew Jackson

edit on 11-11-2010 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

So do you have an answer to the pyramid, or a more efficient way to run the pyramid system. Ill tell you one thing the day you change the pyramid system is the day you change reality, because it ties in to more, then just a money social hierarchy, it is really in our very existence, and thought's, and the way we perceive and think, with or without the system of creating sheeple, that was put in to place thousands of years ago, it would still exist in a form even if not the dominant form.

You think you deserve to earn more than $200k a year?

That is a loaded question, because money is a fiction that we all agree on, a system, a spell put on the minds of humanity its order and intention is right in front of your face, or more precise in your pocket, there is no mystery, but only knowledge, or the lack of knowledge, its all written on the paper god, to tie the all to many to a singular path and will, by way of that which all humanity has in common "greed" to different degrees off course. Till the eye opens to the world and it's future's, or probabilities of future's would be more correct. From the bottom to the top to see what our venture has wrought we all are little pyramids in any work we do or think of doing.

So if you think you deserve 200K a year, in the end it has more to do with supply and demand, then the real system, even if that supply and demand is of knowledge of how the system works. I mean who really knows what the rich people do, to deserve that much moneys were 200k is peanuts to them, but I am sure there are many people that would think they deserve such money, and as long as some of that money's trickle's down to the people that think as such and there pockets why should they not think as they think that it trickle's down, key words is trick-le down, I guess its all economics.
...... So anyways to answer your question...Yes and No, some do, some don't, like in all things in life, it is what it is, if enough people want it to be, I guess sure why not.

But yes, I see your dilemma It ain't smart to give %1 percent of people all the levers to power, money being a lever that ties all levers together. But that is the function of the pyramid and that is were it will go if left unchecked. It is what it was designed for, its purpose, and when it reaches they top, what eye will open wont be human it will change its perspective, depending on how much each age has advanced in technology the outcomes will be different. Even the romans with there ceasar's, found out it ain't to smart to give them to much power, but I'm sure Caligula would disagree with that, after all he thought he was a god, he saw the world though being on the top of there pyramid system, But there were good ceasar's and bad ceasar's. And if the gap between rich and poor keeps growing to were the rich control more and more and eventually all, we will see what the future brings, and I would count on them seeing eye to eye with the bottom, or anybody else that isn't on the top. After all there all lazy, or as Caligula would say not godly enough or as talented in music as he was, But I wouldn't blame the system, after all its just a system.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Just wanted to throw this out there:
If anybody feels like they have extra money they do not need, please feel free to donate it to the Dark Ghost Fund. In return, you will receive lots of Positive Energy. The added bonus is that you will be making life easier for an average Joe who has little except for a few faded dreams.

Most people don't need anywhere near that kind of money a year to live a fulfilling life. But hey, if they have earned the money then good luck to them! I don't feel jealous or resentful of those who make that kind of money. Some people earn it, some people are born into it, some people win it. Just the way it goes.

Money itself has little value. But Financial Security and a Place to Call Home go a long way towards making one's life happier and less stressful.

edit on 11/11/2010 by Dark Ghost because: grammar

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

please see my post above yours - I think this is the answer you seek.

You talk about my views leading to dictatorship yet you do not seem to comprehend that when 1% of the population turn their current 43% of the total wealth they own in to 99% of the wealth that is exactly what you will have.

I do not have the answer but I know we can not continue on this road. I know who does have the answer

The underlying idea in the greenback philosophy … is that the issue of currency is a function of government, a sovereign right which ought not to be delegated to corporations,

The bold effort the present (central) bank had made to control the government are but premonitions of the fate that await the American people should they be deluded into a perpetuation of this institution or the establishment of another like it.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
are you guys JOKING OR SOMETHING!?!?!!
in bulgaria the monthy salary is 225euro, imagine for a year you get 225x12
and you AMERICANS think your poor if you make 30,000 a year?
if i had 10,000 i would OPEN A COMPANY

Hey Stillalive, I see your stillalive and kicking, The moneys they are worth more in different places, so maybe in bulgaria you could, but here in the usa it would be a start to a beginning of starting to open a company, might pay for the licenses needed, but then again, now a days you need to pay for licences to get a licence.

oh and that 225 salary is for a GRAPHIC DESIGNER!!!? do you get? and the rent is 180,so why dont you come live here and see how nice life is

Hey look on the bright side at least they wont ship your job as a graphic designer to some other country that would do it for cheaper like India or whatever, since you'r already do it for pretty cheap as you said,
so it should be all good, at least till someone invents some sort of program or something that eliminates completely or finds shortcuts and human involvement becomes less necessary. Peace out dude.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

Hi Rev, if we are all equal in intelligence, health, talent, opportunity(education) etc... your system will be fair. But that is not the case, there are people who has disabilities, unhealthy, not so smart, etc.. Don't they deserve a decent life too? It is kinda selfish to say you want this system to continue because it works for you, but sorry to those who are born not as gifted as you are.

We say we are civilized society and yet the only system that we can conceive of is one where we have to bite each other's arm just to survive. The richer you get, the poorer somebody else is.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

please see my post above your - I think this is the answer you seek.

That did not answer anything...... But that's OK because I never had a question, was just ranting a little.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

anybody ever read this book," the science of getting rich" by Wallace D. Wattles

haven't, download the pdf it's free.

scienceofgettingrich.org...

good read, this is maybe how some of them got rich, and deserved it.

old book but still relevant in today's times.

I need to reread it.
edit on 11-11-2010 by quantumdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Someone is always going tohave less.. that's just a fact of life. But if you want more you have to try harder. It's also a fact of life that most won't try hard enough and will end up on the bottom.. It's the way things work. Don't be mad because someone was smart, or worked their ass off into a career where they earn a lot of money.

Recognizing that people have different roles in life requires acceptance. If everyone were a hunter, there would be no animals. If no one was a farmer there would be no bread.. If everyone were a king our governments would be very small.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Sorry mate, that was a reply to someone else which I thought may answer your post which I interpreted as wanting a solution.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Agree, someone will always have less. This is not my issue - my issue is how much less.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The way I look at it, society is brainwashed into undervaluing the working man. Someone that does the much needed grunt work out there is of less value than people that sit at nice desks. It is total crap, if not for people like me, CEO's wouldn't have roads to drive on, housing to live in, a car to drive, a plane to fly in or food etc etc. But we are taught we are valued less, and it is acceptable that people like me work 6 days a week, just to scrape by, never own anything, until we die.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

The answer to nearly all economic problems is maximum economic freedom. Limiting people's salaries to $200k is less economic freedom, not more economic freedom. If people would pay attention to the real-world studies pitting free-market over restricted-market principles this it would be clear. I'd say look at the studies and come back with your answers because they are there for you to find.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I would not limit people to $200k - because there are so many factors to consider such as living cost of the area etc, I would actually just limit the ways in which money is produced and put caps on total wealth not income, but I myself see flaws in this - as stated previously I dont have the answers but I see a huge problem than is exponentially getting worse . I am just simply trying to point out that people think they deserve huge sums of money thinking they have somehow worked harder or more intelligently than others when infact this is often not the case. I used an example of someone who earned 1.5billion dollars in 2007 could not possibly deserve this much wealth because this is the equivlent of paying 50,000 people a income of $30,000 over a year - they can not possibly believe they work harder than those people combined - no matter how rare their skills are.

If I was to rewrite this post I would have taken it from a totally diffent angle and left my attention grabbing $200k title out of it. But you live you learn.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join