It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast "Food" Wrappers Contaminate "Food"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I put "food" in quotes because I think it's a misnomer to call anything from McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Jack in the Crack, Taco Hell, or what have you, food at all. It's a pile of processed crap on a bun that is slowly killing millions of people. Food is supposed to keep you alive, not vice versa.

But I digress. As if we needed another reason to avoid fast "food" altogether, here you go:

Chemicals In Fast Food Wrappers Contaminating Food

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

You know, it is very sad that some people are inclined to eat this crap. They make it taste so good and you have to know something is wrong with it. I stopped eating fast food a long time ago, but some people are not that fortunate. They cannot afford real food or they do not have time for real food. Now not only is the fake food sickening you, not the wrappers are sickening you extra fast. Now you need fake ass medicine with side effects that do not heal but only mask the real problem.

edit on 10-11-2010 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sometimes I think ther eis an addictive additive put in fast food. It is a hard habit to break. Like crack or heroin for some people.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Happy that your pizza came in a recycled cardboard box? I have been to a recycling plant. The used toilet paper is chopped up and made into that box, without being sterilized. Your pizza is laying on used toilet paper. And now you tell me dangerous chemicals are on the boxes too?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp

They cannot afford real food or they do not have time for real food.

The two really go together. Real food is actually cheaper (and tastes better) than fast "food" if you do your homework, research the products, and develop some basic culinary skills. Granted, homework takes time (and so does the cooking), but it is indeed disheartening that many people choose to spend their time on far less important things. What's more important than your health? Make the time for it--your body will thank you.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I think this is true, I believe someone posted here a while ago that fast food had a "taste" enhancer or something like that, because if they ate it as it was without that enhancer no one would.

Found this table that talks of some additives and the side-effects, figured it may be helpful as well. www.cnn.com...

On topic: I don't really know what to say, but I just hope this doesn't include subway as I really enjoy that much more than the McDonalds, Burger King and even Wendy's.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You are correct. It is called MSG. You should see some of the research on this crap.

www.msgtruth.org...

It is in so much processed food that we eat. then you add it to the toxins leaching off the wrappers, the growth hormones in the meat and the pesticides and fungicides on the veggies. No wonder we are all sick with diabetes, high blood pressure and cancer....

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I quit eating fast food some time ago because I could taste the chemicals.

Interesting enough though I found that for about the same amount of money I could go to the grocery store every day as I am to lazy to make a lunch to take with me and do not like my food to be soggy or stale. I could get fruit meat, crackers ( which would be used for several lunches) and cheese and drinks (same) and eat healthy. And actually get full with less.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Really? I find it hard to believe that some people are turning tricks or giving fellatio for a hamburger

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Really? I find it hard to believe that some people are turning tricks or giving fellatio for a hamburger

Why should they? All they have to do is get to a fast food place. Thats not hard to do.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Believe it:

Sex For A Bacon Double Cheeseburger

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

never mind......

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

great source, maury show. let me guess who the father is

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

great source, maury show. let me guess who the father is

My guess would be Ronald McDonald.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Also sugar. Lots and lots of sugar.
It's in everything except the salad.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Happy that your pizza came in a recycled cardboard box? I have been to a recycling plant. The used toilet paper is chopped up and made into that box, without being sterilized. Your pizza is laying on used toilet paper. And now you tell me dangerous chemicals are on the boxes too?

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the paper making process beyond a visit to a recycling plant, but there are a few reasons why your concerns about bacterial contamination of pizza boxes are unfounded.

First, used toilet paper doesn't go directly into a paper machine to make boxes, or any other kind of paper. There's a significant amount of processing before that point - repulping, deinking, etc. The last stage of this processing is bleaching, which is done with chemicals that act as biocides, like chlorine dioxide and hydrogen peroxide.

Second, every paper mill, regardless of whether it's a recycle mill or a virgin pulp mill or some combination of the two, has some sort of antimicrobial program in place as part of manufacturing. Mills recycle a significant amount of process water, so any microbiological contamination that enters from outside the system has an opportunity to propagate within the system. If left unchecked, this growth can lead to visible defects within the sheet of paper. Aside from being aesthetically unappealing, sheet defects can lead to breaks in the sheet, which in turn leads to machine down time and a loss of production. Paper is extremely low margin, so any loss in production translates directly to a loss in profits. Mills realize this and spend money on microbiological control in order to make more money in the long run.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Thanks for the info. The plant I saw did use a bleaching process. It would be interesting to test the finished product to see if bacteria survived. I doubt a factory would spend extra money on sterilizing and testing. I bet some do. Much nastier things than used toilet paper go into the boxes. As far as antimicrobial chemicals go, I think I prefer the microbes. Microbes my body can defend against, chemicals, no.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Sometimes I think ther eis an addictive additive put in fast food. It is a hard habit to break. Like crack or heroin for some people.

It's called MSG and the reason it's so addictive is because it's not a flavor, it causes a sensation on your taste buds. It's an excitotoxin and it damages your nervous system. These articles might give you a head start in learning more about it. Unfortunately it hides in labeling by being named something else. For example, if you see "natural flavoring" listed, it's MSG or another glutamate that behaves the same way in your system.

www.truthinlabeling.org...

www.associatedcontent.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by iterationzero

Thanks for the info. The plant I saw did use a bleaching process. It would be interesting to test the finished product to see if bacteria survived. I doubt a factory would spend extra money on sterilizing and testing. I bet some do. Much nastier things than used toilet paper go into the boxes. As far as antimicrobial chemicals go, I think I prefer the microbes. Microbes my body can defend against, chemicals, no.

No, I doubt any paper mill goes so far as to sterilize, but there's a big difference between sterilization and disinfection/sanitization. The first is complete removal of all microbiological contamination, the second is a significant reduction in that contamination. And mills that are producing grades of paper intended for use in food contact or human contact (facial tissue, toilet paper, etc) do have to have post-production testing. For example, one of the main standard's for food contact is called the Dairyman's Standard and it's been in use since well before the push to increase post-consumer content in paper.

I wouldn't worry about carry-over of the chemicals used for bleaching into the paper. The chemicals are inorganic and highly reactive, so there's essentially nothing left of them after the bleaching process. One of the key areas in research in the paper industry is how to improve the efficiency of bleaching because nothing can be reclaimed from that process, so it's a loss from a business standpoint.
edit on 11/11/2010 by iterationzero because: forgot a bit...

top topics

join