It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone is completely mad!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guido the Killer Pimp
You NEED to experience the pains and sorrows of existence, whatever they may be to you personally. GtkP

Oh yes, I have experienced the pains and sorrows of life, like pink floyd wrote, "life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest".

Personally, I think this planet would be better off without humans, 'spoiling it's beauty'.

Your post was inspirational. Thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Society isn't supposed to be like this (TPTB you can thank for that). Mature civilizations, like the America of the early 1900s and 40s - 50s were happy and sane. Rape was rare, murder was rare, divorce, depression, mental disorders, suicide, unkindness. Today, it is just the opposite, we have spiraled into something reminiscent of the ancient Roman Empire. For example, TV. It seems like you can't make a blockbuster movie without horrendously graphic displays of killing. This shows that our entertainment of choice parallels the Roman's entertainment of choice; the gladiator fights.

Much of our insane behavior can be traced to a hedonist ideology. For example, our malicious gossiping, our ganging up and endlessly bullying people to the point where they feel like killing themselves. All for what? So we can feel good. The counter culture movement really got this ideology going. I'm sure you've heard the phrase "if it feels good do it" (the slogan of the 60s). Although, I don't think it was the intention of the counter culture to promote this type of thinking... Instead, I think TPTB played them like an instrument. Injected Communist ideology into various leaders of the revolution at the time. Particularly the Feminist movement and and the anti war movement. Legitimate causes on the surface. Deadly evil and deceptive to the core.

Communism works by warping the truth. The best lies... Are the truthful ones.
edit on 15-11-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

This is yet another example of what I was trying to convey, excellent example. I just cannot understand the "entertainment" in films with such graphic violence (the saw and hostel films come to mind). Just another example of the madness of humanity.

And To Guido the Killer Pimp, excellently written that's a good way of approaching life, but as you said, it's easier said than done, but it's always good to have something to aim for right?

- Oh and I don't think this is better suited in the relationship forum, love was just one example of the madness of humanity. This topic was aimed more at the psychology of the human race as a whole.
edit on 17-11-2010 by GodForbid because: Added final paragraph.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Funny the only time is societies history we had some sort of sanilty was due to christian values. Its what gave us western civilisation.

All other times have been pagan cultures, based on alot of time human sacrifice(which probably still happens), and there are no morals in society today,

Funny that people want people to be free of the christian values, but then they want people to be sane, you cannot have both.

But your right the world is mad today, and i can never understand how and why people are given games and films like they watch and play today. I only play sports(non violent), and racing, and rpg games.

To play something like i heard the latest call of duty, where is it you put glass in there mouth and then they are punched, what sort of sick person dreams up these things, why would you even think of doing that?

The world is mad, and thankfully i am one of the minority who has done nothing to no one, and i think the world deserves all the scum it has. But man some of your tv and games, i will never understand why you play them. Dehumanisation or what?
edit on 11/17/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Gotta agree with you here. It's chilling when you really look deep into it. People are scary things!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodForbid
reply to post by andy1033

Gotta agree with you here. It's chilling when you really look deep into it. People are scary things!

The first time our news in uk became entertainment was in gulf war in 1991 when i was still at school. You just hear the people, and how sending missiles through windows and down chimneys was like some sort of video game. People just totally forgot that it was going to cause pain and deaths of people that have done nothing.

We have in culture became totally dehumanised, and i am surprised people even have charities now, why bother, the money probably is stolen. How dehumanised is that? lol

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

The saving grace of humanity is what you illustrated with this post. The capacity to concern over your own failings as a person, with respect over how you treat others and how others suffer due to such treatment. This is the transcendence of the human being, and what makes humans worth all the trouble they cause.

An animal is driven by the existential imperative to survive. It's just that simple. They may not engage in malicious behavior, but it's not because they're nicer or better than humans. It's because such behavior doesn't improve their survivability in any obvious manner. Their disinterest is personified as magnanimity by frustrated human beings who wish that other humans could at least be as disinterested.

That said, no animal will ever run into a burning building to rescue another animal - regardless of what Lassie TV show you want to cite as an example of some heroic dog or pig or whatever. The reason that things like that happen have a lot more to do with the influence of humans on animal behavior than instinctive reaction. Dogs may look like they're commiserating with you, but if they could talk, you'd be pretty disappointed in how much they don't give a sh*t about how sad you are, and how much they'd prefer that you either got up and did something fun with them or at least got them something to eat, instead of sitting there and being a waste of their day.

The fact that you could be inspired to lament the plight of others is evidence that you have a capacity to achieve true compassion, and our version of humanity exists in hopes for those rare bursts of compassion. The rest of the "industrial waste" that we see around us is the kind of thing that inevitable in any product manufacturing process, and while it sucks, the compassion and agape love is more than worth what waste comes as a result. Be happy that you can care for other people, and learn to feel comfortable with that capacity. It's the most valuable asset that you possess, and you'll be grateful for the effort you put into developing it as a powerful character quality.
edit on 11/17/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

All that you say is so true of the society in which we live, this is what is seen to be normal.
Each and everyone of us is born to seek love, that's the game of life.
The problem is that we search for it. Always seeking.
What we have lost is ourselves. That's all.
All the time you seek out there, it will never be found.
Call off the search. Only then, will you know love.
You are love.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Itisnowagain because: added a comma

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That's the whole problem with the ENTIRE human race! We don't fully understand that love comes only from within.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

All that you say is so true of the society in which we live, this is what is seen to be normal.
Each and everyone of us is born to seek love, that's the game of life.
The problem is that we search for it. Always seeking.
What we have lost is ourselves. That's all.
All the time you seek out there, it will never be found.
Call off the search. Only then, will you know love.
You are love.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Itisnowagain because: added a comma

Yeah you're right there, there's an old saying which says exactly that "Stop searching and you shall find" Excellent.

Originally posted by NorEaster

The saving grace of humanity is what you illustrated with this post. The capacity to concern over your own failings as a person, with respect over how you treat others and how others suffer due to such treatment. This is the transcendence of the human being, and what makes humans worth all the trouble they cause.

An animal is driven by the existential imperative to survive. It's just that simple. They may not engage in malicious behavior, but it's not because they're nicer or better than humans. It's because such behavior doesn't improve their survivability in any obvious manner. Their disinterest is personified as magnanimity by frustrated human beings who wish that other humans could at least be as disinterested.

That said, no animal will ever run into a burning building to rescue another animal - regardless of what Lassie TV show you want to cite as an example of some heroic dog or pig or whatever. The reason that things like that happen have a lot more to do with the influence of humans on animal behavior than instinctive reaction. Dogs may look like they're commiserating with you, but if they could talk, you'd be pretty disappointed in how much they don't give a sh*t about how sad you are, and how much they'd prefer that you either got up and did something fun with them or at least got them something to eat, instead of sitting there and being a waste of their day.

The fact that you could be inspired to lament the plight of others is evidence that you have a capacity to achieve true compassion, and our version of humanity exists in hopes for those rare bursts of compassion. The rest of the "industrial waste" that we see around us is the kind of thing that inevitable in any product manufacturing process, and while it sucks, the compassion and agape love is more than worth what waste comes as a result. Be happy that you can care for other people, and learn to feel comfortable with that capacity. It's the most valuable asset that you possess, and you'll be grateful for the effort you put into developing it as a powerful character quality.
edit on 11/17/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

Really enjoyed reading your reply. Thanks for the words and you have made some excellent points.
All the best.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Love wears off when you dont have enough children. People who wish to fall in love wish to indulge in emotions, and treat emotions like they do physical things. Love is instinctual, as soon as we "desire" it, it becomes artificial.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Would you agree with the idea:
"Familiarity breeds contempt"?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hastur

Yeah I guess so, and that's a good example of what I'm talking about. It's funny that the more you surround yourself with loved ones, the more bad qualities you see in them, and thus the less you'll like them. That's a funny thing, especially when it's difficult for it to work the other way around, though it does. Wouldn't it be so much better if it were easier to see past people's faults and concentrate more on the qualities, surely that's a much more efficient way to live.

It's very strange actually the way this happens, it has almost no use to us and is only detrimental. It's funny that things we have no control over are in place with only the effects of making life more difficult.

We're forced to find love, we're forced to feel jealous if they cheat or even flirt with others, we're forced to want to stay with them, yet we're forced to want to cheat too (not that we all do but the temptation is always there) then the more time you spend with them, you're forced to dislike them more and more, all because of the way we just are.

edit on 21-2-2011 by GodForbid because: To add second paragraph.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join