It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Phone Call Tonight...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by subby

VoIP call

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i would say your probably o.k. a buddy of mine used to think it was funny to change the phone numbers too whatever even sometime 911 and call my phone it's done on the computer and i would check first that anybody isnt messin with you first.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
OP, it was me.

Time to bug out, trust no one.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Did you Google it? Any time I get a weird number calling and hanging up I Google it and it usually provides some answers. Whoringsme.com is good.

I had to laugh at this one BRL...I mentally added punctuation to the website name and got Whoring's Me.com instead of Who Rings Me.com. Thanks for making my day!

HAHAHA!! I thought I was the only one who made this mistake. When reading it quickly the first time I came up with Whoring's Me.com as well. I thought BRL, was playing around when he posted that, until I reread the post and saw it was really Who Ringsme.com. A good laugh there, lol.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
Thats a wierd phone number , have you tried calling it back?
I'd guess morpheus got the wrong number.

I got a good laugh out of it

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Originally posted by Resurrectio
I dont mean to alarm anyone here... But this is serious.. OP you need to run and run far and fast...
If you add up all of the #'s you get 1 Do you know what 1 means.. 1X any number = that #.. So essentially you could times it by 666 and the devil is callling you.. This is bad very bad!

I dont mean to be rude..but how do you get that??
Theres normally a rational explanation for most things....this included. I would have to disagree with you on the devil phoning you lol.
Read my other reply to the thread above/below this one...its a computer dialling, it can designate any number to disguise the true origins of the call...and by that i do not mean the devil uses the same practice

(is there an age limit on here...is it checked??? Lots of young kids on here lately with wild ideas lol)

Maybe you should be subjected to these age restrictions.. It is a sad, pathetic day... when that post of mine is taken seriously.. You need to loosen up a little brother!!!

I was pointing out the rediculousness of paranoia over a phone call with these #'s...and at the same time poking fun at the folks that seem to find meaning in any string of #'s..

On a serious note...nvm .. it would be lost.
edit on 11/10/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
At 4am today I was woken by a very loud and heavy knock on my front door. I don't know how long it had been knocking before I awoke but after I heard it about six times I decided to check it out. Admittedly, I was a bit scared, as I live near quite a few bars and clubs and often drunk people walk near my house on their way home.
I went to the window to see who it was and though it was dark, I could see there was nobody there.
Then I crept to the door and very, very slowly opened it just a few inches to see if anything was there.
There was nothing there at all, so I opened up the door fully and slowly went out a little past the door, into the garden to look around. There was nothing there. Then I looked over the street and on the other side of the road, a few houses down, there was a large, black, expensive looking car parked facing me with the interior light on and sitting in the front of the car were two caucasian men, both dressed all in black and staring directly at me.
They weren't talking or doing anything except staring at me with very serious expressions. I looked them both in the eyes and my stomach turned. Then the man on the right suddenly broke into a huge, horrible grin. He just sat there staring at me with this disgusting, huge, sickly smile, like if you forced a big sarcastic crocodile smile.
At that point I very quickly went back into my house and locked the door. Then the car drove off.
Very strange.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by subby

This must be related to your telemarketing call.. Apparently assurent health really wants your business.. Maybe they were reading your thread and thought they could push a mental health exam?

Patrons from the bar, amused that they woke you up.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by subby

That happened to you too???

I had the same kinda thing, except it was Demi Moore and Morgan Fairchild and they weren't wearing dark suits . . . in fact, they didn't even knock nor did the Swedish Swimsuit Team that came along with them.

Ok then . . . never mind . . . it wasn't the same kinda thing.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Yeah, I made that second bit up heehee. Just thought I'd spice up what is obviously just a thread about annoying tele marketing calls. I guess what I described is one of my big fears - the MIB finally coming to get me for years of snooping

edit on 10-11-2010 by subby because: typo

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by subby

i would be weary of calling any of these numbers back in light of tapping procedures like a "keep alive hookpass."
all you have to do is call them back and your phone turns into a 24 hour bug.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by truth smuggler

Awww come on!!! Have we totally fallen off the reality cliff and landed right in straight jacket and padded room land?

Lets get real here.. It is a standard telemarketing # used to disguise their #...so you'll answer.

We just got called by this number and when answered, a man said we had won 10 free boarding tickets for some ship

got a strange voice saying this is your captain speaking ....free tickets ...blah de blah

number was ...

received a call from this number to-day saying i would receive free boarding passes etc., if i gave information - it was an automated number - needless to say I did not press any buttons just in case i was then charged for the call

All it is, is a telemarketing company.

I can not believe that I had to waste 10 minutes of my day to show someone something so obvious...and easy to find on google..

BUT.. MAYBE they posted the google info to throw you off and they are really future time warriors trying to steal your answering ears ability to hear?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Call your service provider to track.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fotocopiar

Try reading the thread before posting!
2nd line!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join