It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Phone Call Tonight...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hey,

Tonight my cell phone received a call from the number '0010000000000' and when I answered it, the line went dead.

This has freaked me out a bit as it's such a strange number calling me. I'm hesitant to call it back.

Any ideas?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Did you Google it? Any time I get a weird number calling and hanging up I Google it and it usually provides some answers. Whoringsme.com is good.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
whocallsme.com...

Looks like marketing nothing to worry about!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by subby

Relax it was probably just an automated dialer...actually I wouild bet that is what it was. I had an unknown call today and it was a recording of some lady in Spanish. NO IDEA what she said since I live in the US and speak English. I wasn't freaked I just got annoyed at solicitors calling my cell phone and in Spanish even. I woudn't worry. Those numbers mean nothing. It could have been anything number solicitors or automated dialers and the call was disconnected. I know when I worked at a call center many would hang up as soon as the person answered the phone, it was a way to get more calls and make your scores for calls high. It was wrong but it was done, so it could have been that.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thats a wierd phone number , have you tried calling it back?
I'd guess morpheus got the wrong number.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by subby

i had a call from that number a while back. it turned out it was the lottery trying to tell me about a prize i had won....lol.. try this- whocallsme.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Could you have someone else call from a different number and see who answers?
Also, I suggested this to someone in a different thread with a similar problem:

I remember a while back I used to use this application from either bored.com or ebaumsworld, and you could enter anyone's phone number, and use any phone number for what you wanted to show up as on the caller ID. You'd type some text of what you wanted to say, and when the person picked up, a creepy computer voice would say whatever you typed. I did this to my mom a few times so I know it works

Maybe it was a friend playing a joke?

link   
reply to post by subby

Just typed that number into google and it seems alot of people have been getting strange calls from this number

whocallsme.com...

I would not worry probably a scam call just ignore it if they call again

link   
probably you are messing with the wrong people buddy remember that we masons have control of entire world 666 be fear of the beast

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hmmmm seems people have had strange calls from this number involving grunting sounds, silence and sometimes scams such as saying pc's are infected and win a cruise.

Why whoever is making the calls is not speaking and hanging up or grunting is beyond me though.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Good Advice Big Raging Loner...

whocallsme.com...

A lot of people get calls from this number. Some are Viral Marketers, some are Scammers, and some just hang up and call repeatedly.

CallerID Spoofing is child's play. Every Marketer uses anymore...although it actually gets a little funny when they use CallerID Spoofing to read "Marketing Scam" or "Identity Thief".

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Thank's for all the help friends. I feel a lot better about it now (stars for all
)

(except for the Masons 666 we're coming for you post)

edit on 9-11-2010 by subby because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i got a number that came up as 000-000-0000 the other day....

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I dont mean to alarm anyone here... But this is serious.. OP you need to run and run far and fast...
If you add up all of the #'s you get 1 Do you know what 1 means.. 1X any number = that #.. So essentially you could times it by 666 and the devil is callling you.. This is bad very bad!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Its just marketing
They use all sorts of numbers to disguise themselves.
The drop calls can actually make the company money...the computer just dials a number, connects...and charges a connection fee. They dont need to talk to you to make money anymore lol...it is a scam, and a very well known one

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
I dont mean to alarm anyone here... But this is serious.. OP you need to run and run far and fast...
If you add up all of the #'s you get 1 Do you know what 1 means.. 1X any number = that #.. So essentially you could times it by 666 and the devil is callling you.. This is bad very bad!

I dont mean to be rude..but how do you get that??
Theres normally a rational explanation for most things....this included. I would have to disagree with you on the devil phoning you lol.
Read my other reply to the thread above/below this one...its a computer dialling, it can designate any number to disguise the true origins of the call...and by that i do not mean the devil uses the same practice

(is there an age limit on here...is it checked??? Lots of young kids on here lately with wild ideas lol)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Did you Google it? Any time I get a weird number calling and hanging up I Google it and it usually provides some answers. Whoringsme.com is good.

I had to laugh at this one BRL...I mentally added punctuation to the website name and got Whoring's Me.com instead of Who Rings Me.com. Thanks for making my day!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I get that number a lot but its from blockbuster wanting their movies back

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
lol i dont HAVE a blockbuster account or owe em movies

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

I had to laugh at this one BRL...I mentally added punctuation to the website name and got Whoring's Me.com instead of Who Rings Me.com. Thanks for making my day!

haha I did the same thing! I had to look a few times at it... dirty minds around here

top topics

<<   2 >>

join