It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world's best underwater photographs 2010 (amazing & informative)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

A collection of the year's best underwater photography, chosen by the judges of two major competitions - Our World Under Water and the fourth annual Deep International Underwater competition. The two competitions attracted more than 5,000 entries and winners were picked from 20 countries across the world. Prizes for the contests make up the largest prize pool for underwater photography, with $120,000 (£74,000) up for grabs

My few favorites of about 25!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e17bb221de15.jpg[/atsimg]
'Blue Eyes' - A moray eel in Indonesia: Photograph: Michael McEvoy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1daaf83d4ebe.jpg[/atsimg]
'Leopard on ice' - A leopard seal in the Antarctic: Photograph: Jonas Thormar

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8008efc35b33.jpg[/atsimg]
'Women profile' - Soft coral and schooling bait fish under a pier in Raja Ampat, Indonesia: Photograph: Adriano Morettin

'Continental trench' - A diver in a continental trench in Silfra, Iceland: Photograph: Magnus Lundgren

Source: www.guardian.co.uk...#/?picture=368478343&index=1

I have to tell you. I put this up as I see a global conspiracy to keep us from learning what is going on in our Seas/Waters and/or on our planet. Just look at this stuff. I think we need to re-tool our educational system to center more on the enviroment and how to learn from it and preserve it better than we are.

Looking at these photos (and other things since joining ATS) I have come to my senses and realized there is so much more to our lives andworld than I think we can begin to understand what our role is in all of this.

When I see stuff like this it makes me in awe-just as peering off into space or at incredible photos from our crafts. To ME, proof that there is a great force, a greater being than we humans and what we are doing now on earth is not what we were born to do.

Look at the four photos I put up.

1: Blue eyes. Come on. Look how amazing it's make up is. Such a mean-ass look-need to survive but all the detail in it's face shows a greater power than us.

2: Just think if no one took this photo (let alone what the Seal must have been thinking when the diver & camera came up!!). So there he is, just floating out in the middle of nowhere. Why? What is it's purpose? Other than just being so darn cute?!

3: The vibrance and color of life-under water. Truly a treat meant for us.

4: The TRENCH!!!! Be sure to slide the bar over at the bottom of this photo to ensure seeing it all. Just look at the diver!!. Now, the rocks. The guts of the earth there. If that diver wasn't in the pic, this could be made to look like little rocks in the water. Must have been something when they discovered this beauty.

Looking at the UFO/Alien side of things, why not? Would it really be so hard to understand why they go into the water. If not for anything else, just the sights.

Well, I hope you enjoy and I can't wait to see what your favorites are and your related comments.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
These are some nice pictures. They have a lot of detail in them.
S&F.

Kind Regards,
TokyoDynamite

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Beautiful pictures OP!
S & F

Thanks for sharing these

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

wow, some of those pictures look out of this world! i love being reminded of how beautiful SOME of the Earth still is.
thanks for posting!
S & F

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
these pictures are absolutely stunning. i looked into being a oceanographer or marine biologist for many years, but a car accident got me stuck behind a desk in a law firm. that's okay, i help the "fishes out of water" when i can. thank you for posting these, they just made my day so much more relaxed

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

Thank you. Sorry to hear about your accident.

You made my day just by letting me know how these meant something to you and that you got something out of it.

Take care and God Bless.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks for posting-some of the best underwater photography I've ever seen.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

I'm going to have to agree w/ you on that.

I got home and was showing the wife the pics on a much larger screen. Pretty awesome and amazing.

Such beauty, yet never seen (by us)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Thank you for the flags but please, Feel free to comment-add your 2 cents.

I know I would appreciate the comments. I like to know what others are thinking etc.

Thanks again.

join