It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Sharia Law Creeping Into American Lives? the groups behind Islam law in the US are pushing everyd

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Amid Oklahoma voters approving a measure that would forbid judges from considering international law or Islamic law when deciding cases this is not a victory by any means, already is federal judges that careless about US constitutional laws but their own dirty pockets are been manipulated by Islamic groups to repeal this Oklahoma decisions.

How much is US in danger from creeping Islam laws and Sharia laws into our everyday living?., well just read.

In February 19, 2010 a few reports made it to national news about how Islamic immigrants working in the US wanted to use their own believes in their work area.

“You can see the tell tale signs of creeping Sharia Law (Islamic law) through lawsuits and demands made by Muslims in America on an almost daily basis.

From the case Of Somalia Muslim capdrivers refusing fares to demanding food baths in public places in the US

Airport Check-in: Fare refusals in Minnesota

www.usatoday.com...

Some say schools giving Muslims special treatment

www.usatoday.com...

While all this seems "rights" for some and the choice of the people and private groups involved let me remind people that "The goal of Islamics is the application of Islamic law," and Islam law have no room within Americas laws they can no exist beside each other, remember what we are doing in the middle east, what our soldiers are dying for

Wake up America, this has nothing to do about been tolerance or freedom of religion is about one religion of laws taking over a nation of laws.

Also, this offering from Brian Mosely of the Shelbyville (TN) Times: “Every major Muslim organization is controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood, a former FBI Agent John Guandolo said, which he said was formed to overthrow America and establish Islamic law.

The groups that are behind changing Americas laws to accommodate Islamic ones are not American born or base they are base and funded by Islamic radicals from nations that fund terrorist.

Does the Muslim Brotherhood Have Ties to Terrorism?

You be the judge,

www.cfr.org...

In the name of no offending Muslim or Islam followers US is bending to many of this peoples Islamic and sharia base believes

“They’re having great success of implementing Sharia law, I could give you a thousand examples,’’ Guandolo said.

He said small concessions like installing foot baths, and colleges forced to have separate swimming times for Islamic men and women so not to offend Muslims, are other parts of the strategy.

“The solution to this is you,” Guandolo said. “If you are looking to DHS, the FBI and Congress to solve this . you’re going to be woefully disappointed.”

So even a former FBI Agent agrees with the premise that Sharia is working its way into and through our judicial system at all levels; and their arrogant and selfish demands for attention are being heard and dealt with by people in authoritative positions.

island-adv.com...

August 02, 2008 from Shelbyville, TN that the large Tyson Foods’ poultry processing plant had pandered to the Somali Muslims employed there by dropping Labor Day as a paid holiday and adding the Islam holiday of Eid al-Fitr which occurs near the end of Ramadan.

From wanting change on holidays concessions, to demands on their believes, influencing our financial systems of laws, Sharia is slowly getting into Americans politics, economy, laws and very soon into everyday lives

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
most of what you are using as "evidence" has nothing to do with sharia law. Now when I can go and beat the holy hell out of my woman for disagreeing with me, then we can talk. ....If my goon hand isn't busy (tasteless)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The Jews have been using their law, Halacha, in the US for a long time. They even have their own courts.

Don't see anyone worrying about that too much.

But i guess it's just cause they're not gosh darn Mussies.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Nammu because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Electric Crown

Remember that Islam is not a "religion" is the base laws from where the religious believes comes from, Sharia is just the extreme part of those believes, still in many Islamic countries they follow each other.

The Oklahoma ruling voted by the people was to keep Sharia law from been used in US courts, under international laws.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
look the american legal system isn't perfect but it would be like walking over dogs--t twice to move backwards into such barbarism. I'd kill the first judge that was for it myself

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is nothing but fear mongering. You seek to spread hate through lies that do not nothing for you as an individual. For whom do you regurgitate this tripe? It is an attempt to spread fear through the populace that the "OTHERS" are coming to take away your way of life. It's not going to happen. Shame on you

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Sharia law can and never will supercede American laws. Again, look at Halacha. It has it's own laws, it's own judges and it's own courts. The set laws of the land always take precidence. Are you worried that Halacha law is creeping into American lives? It's no different to the way Sharia is/will be used.

I don't agree with any religious courts. The law of the land should be it in my book. But it is highly hypocritical to be against Sharia without also being against other religious courts and showing the same fear and mistrust to them as you do Islamic law.

Or perhaps you should look into Halacha law and see that it is possible for the systems to work together without biggoted comments and unjustified fearmongering.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Thank you for the OP.

I believe this is something we all need to take seriously and wake up to.
It is not Muslim bashing, persecution of Islam, or religious targeting.

It is a reality that is being snuck in the back door of America while
people are being distracted with warm fuzzy "peace" of Islam
promoted by the very organizations funded by the Muslim Brotherhood.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

And what is your opinion on Halacha law in that case?

Do you agree or disagree that Halacha courts should be allowed to continue in America?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that Muslims are judged and will be continued to be judged by American law. There is a separation of church and state within our country and people will continue to abide by that. This really is just fear-mongering and while all the time there is propaganda about the Muslim Brotherhood you're being lead to believe that all Muslims are alike and that moderate Muslims want to push their way of life on us when that simply isn't true.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This particular case has CAIR written all over it and they are not the organization that they want you to believe.

Just do a quick search and your eyes may just melt.

Under no circumstance should religious law circumvent the laws of the land and CAIR wants just that. I am not familiar with the Jewish Court and if it supersedes our legal framework. Frankly I never knew it existed.

We have to tread lightly here because certain elements of Sharia Law that relate to punishment are quite extreme and the wrong judgment now could open the flood gates down the road.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu

Do you agree or disagree that Halacha courts should be allowed to continue in America?

Educate me on something. Isn't this a type court, or council within the religious organization itself, to offer guidance and perhaps punitive action against members for certain actions? I mean, it's not really present in a US court of law, is it? I mean, I really don't know. I have spent a good deal of time in US courts - because of my work-- and I've never had such a thing come up.

I don't see the OP as fearmongering. ??? It seems some information has been pulled together for consideration, is all.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but I am not talking about Jewish customs and laws here, and I am not going to go down that way and derail the topic at hand.

I am talking about the Sharia Law implications.
If you want to debate Halacha law, start a thread and we can meet up there.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This particular case has CAIR written all over it and they are not the organization that they want you to believe.

Just do a quick search and your eyes may just melt.

Under no circumstance should religious law circumvent the laws of the land and CAIR wants just that.

CAIR. Enough said.
The lawsuit was issued by the brand-spanking new executive director of CAIR for Oklahoma, who hasn't even been issued his certification for practicing law in OK yet with his law degree, however because he filed the lawsuit personally, he is representing himself. (saves the Muslim Brotherhood money on representation costs).

Separation of Church and State. Period.

A Catholic who filed a lawsuit stating he cannot be divorced because of his religious beliefs would be laughed out of court and divorced before the judge banged the gavel. Period. Separation of Church and State.

Why is this even being entertained when 70% of the voting public voted for the amendment? The ruling minority?

A Clinton appointed judge who is known for being an activist judge?
CAIR cherrypicked the venue, for sure.

edit on 9-11-2010 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I'm pretty sure that Muslims are judged and will be continued to be judged by American law. There is a separation of church and state within our country and people will continue to abide by that. This really is just fear-mongering and while all the time there is propaganda about the Muslim Brotherhood you're being lead to believe that all Muslims are alike and that moderate Muslims want to push their way of life on us when that simply isn't true.

I am sorry, but you didn't read my post thoroughly.

I am not bashing Islam.

I support the views of Muslims like Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser, who produced the video, The Third Jihad warning America of this very thing.

I support his website, which shows Americans and the world the truth of the nefarious acts of so-called "moderate" Muslims like CAIR and others.

www.aifdemocracy.org...

Or this article, where he correctly exposes the politics of the mosque at Ground Zero, stating he does not want it built.

Anti-Islamist Muslim speaks out against radicals
Jasser decries bias; protests cultural center near Ground Zero

njjewishnews.com...

Or this clip, showing Dr. Jasser in a clip from his film straighforwardly explaining the tactics used in this country.

If that makes me an Islam hater, then so be it. I am a supporter of democracy. Not Jewish law of the land, Catholic law of the land, or Muslim law of the land. Democracy.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, I am sorry but I am not familiar with the Jewish courts I will be researching on that on my own time.

Still the issue here is how in our nation Sharia laws, or Islamic laws are been even considered at some point and how our own government officials can back this issue along with Judges.

When the majority voters are challenged in the name of fear mongering, religious intolerance and many other names been used we have a big problem in the nation.

America is a nation of laws and foreign laws have not room.

The day that our nation's laws have to compete with foreign nations laws we will lose what this nation was build for, special groups and money have been doing a heck of job taking away the many of what America has fought so hard to achieve.

This thread is an eye opener.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The Jews have been using their law, Halacha, in the US for a long time. They even have their own courts.

Don't see anyone worrying about that too much.

But i guess it's just cause they're not gosh darn Mussies.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Nammu because: typo

Hooray for not understanding Halacha!

There is a difference in going to a religious entity to file so they can follow religious law, and going to the state courts expecting them to follow your religious laws when you file a claim.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Isn't Oklahoma awesome? I love that I'm an Okie from Muskogee.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

To tell you the truth I am very happy when states take upon themselves to challenge the status quo when it comes to the Federal government butt kissing to special foreign interest,

The Republics still have a lot of power, let keep it that way, because this is way of America.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I read the OP and didn't see anywhere any claim that Sharia would be anything less than a voluntary religious court acting under the laws of the land similar to halacha.

Halacha courts are in synagogues. Sharia courts are in mosques. Only civil matters can ever be taken to these courts.

Beth Din in America

I see no claim of Sharia being used in US courts and superceding US laws. It can never and will never happen. People might try, but that's certainly not something that will ever creep into american lives. The idea is completely absurd.

I'm against ANY religious court outside of state court. If Sharia courts are banned in Oklahoma then other religious courts should also be banned. If Jews are allowed civil matters to be decided in Halacha courts then why not allow Muslims to decide civil matters in Sharia courts?

Here's good article from an American Muslim that says it all quite fairly:

Islamic Sharia and Jewish Halakha Arbitration Courts

The author also makes a good point about Canon Law, the legal system of the Catholic church, can still be used for civil matters to this day.

Other churches in the Anglican Communion around the world (e.g., the Episcopal Church in the United States, and the Anglican Church of Canada) still function under their own private systems of canon law.

Source

Yet no one has an issue with this.

Is Catholisism and Judiasm creeping into American life because of these courts? Didn't think so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join