It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress report concedes POTUS Obama eligibility Unvetted (tides turn against him)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e87035383bc0.jpg[/atsimg]

A congressional document posted on the Internet confirms no one – not Congress, not the states and not election officials – bothered to check Barack Obama's eligibility to be president, and that status remains undocumented to this day. It's because state and federal law did not require anyone in Congress or elsewhere to check to see if Obama was a "natural born Citizen" under the meaning of Article 2, Section 1 of the Constitution, according the document.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3646eae2c6da.jpg[/atsimg]

The analysis by the Congressional Research Service, a research arm of the U.S. Congress, openly admits no one in the federal government, including Congress, ever asked to see Obama's long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate. It explains no one was required to do so.

Technically, the CRS is a public policy research arm of the United States Congress that is organized as a legislative branch agency within the Library of Congress; the CRS works exclusively for members of Congress, congressional committees and congressional staff in an advisory capacity, answering questions. The CRS memorandum, published and distributed to congressional offices April 3, 2009, was written to explain to senators and member of the House how they could answer constituents who were demanding to see Obama's birth certificate.

Authored by Jack Maskell, the legislative attorney in the American Law Division of the Congressional Research Service, the document was a memorandum written for the subject "Qualifications for the Office of President of the United States and Legal Challenges to the Eligibility of a Candidate". Maskell confirmed to WND that the document is authentic.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a44c8a7440ad.jpg[/atsimg]
The CRS memo also admits that federal elections are administered under state law, a circumstance apparent to lawyers but sometimes complicated for others.
Source: www.wnd.com...
Scribd link for document: www.scribd.com...

I don't care what you nay-sayers have to say about all of this anymore. The fact of the matter is that there is a STRONG possibilitiy that Obama is not a US citizen THAT was legally eligable to run for POTUS. I think it is ever more apparent NO ONE checked his (or other Presidentail canidates/winner for that matter) SO the whole arguement about his citizenchip being confirmed by the ILL people or anyone else. Can we at least agree on that point?

Seriously folks. I think we have to address this issue. As you see, even the Globe ran stuff. I say even the Globe-as if it has some major legitamacy, it doesn't-Except that it prints news and people do read it. Adding more to the public discontent.

I even bet now that Obama is proving himself to be a utter political disaster, his own will turn on him. It won't be long before someone from inside his camp breaks ranks and give us even more detail. Heck, some of his camp went to Politico the other day complaining about how they want him to change his political ways and direction of politics.

OKAY, egardless of what side you fall on, I think it is safe to say that enough publice discontent and apparent questions remain that Congress should demand a complete investigation into his background. Hey, we have to start somewhere. Obama isn't God and Congress has the power to request such a thing.

Lets say nothing is found, or it is confirmed Obama is legit. So be it-everyoen hush up and move along.

Lets say it is determined he isn't eligable, Okay-you got us, good one! Now get the F out of there, Biden takes over and we mover forward. PLEGING never to let this happen again.

The worst thing we can do is contine to allow this matter to be unresolved.

Go ahead, call me what you will-BIrther etc, but, more and more is coming forward/out. We'll see who is right someday.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7a420dad359.jpg[/atsimg]
With these signs popping up on bill boards across America, this isn't going to rest anytiem soon-UNLESS we conduct an investigation at the Congressional level-NOW. (One was just put up near my home-I didn't do it. Thinking of getting my pic taken at the sign. Be nice. Especially if I am correct.

edit on 11/9/2010 by anon72 because: Additional writing

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
It's because state and federal law did not require anyone in Congress or elsewhere to check to see if Obama was a "natural born Citizen" under the meaning of Article 2, Section 1 of the Constitution, according the document

That also means no previous President was checked, but you did not worry about them.... why would that be?

Care to answer that?

The fact of the matter is that there is a STRONG possibilitiy that Obama is not a US citizen THAT was legally eligable to run for POTUS.

That is not a fact, just birther lies. Obama was born in Hawaii, and he has shown a valid birth certificate - a fact that birthers ignore!

and if you actually read the document you posted it says that Obama would be a naturally born American.....

but you never bothered to actually read it!!
edit on 9/11/10 by dereks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

That also means no previous President was checked, but you did not worry about them.... why would that be?

I did elude to it.

Lets say nothing is found, or it is confirmed Obama is legit. So be it-everyoen hush up and move along.

You're gonna have to point out where it says, or they concede, Obama is eligible.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

You're gonna have to point out where it says, or they concede, Obama is eligible.

So you couldnt be bothered to read it...... typical birther, posts a document that they refuse to read!!

Try the very last paragraph.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Hey, here are the last FIVE paragraphs.

1: The claims are that Obama does not meet the U.S. Constitution's requirement that a president be a "natural born citizen." The lawsuits have asserted he either was not born in Hawaii as he claims or was a dual citizen because of his father's British citizenship at the time of his birth. 2: The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President." 3: However, none of the cases filed to date has been successful in reaching the plateau of legal discovery, so that information about Obama's birth could be obtained. 4: Besides Obama's actual birth documentation, the still-concealed documentation for him includes kindergarten records, Punahou school records, Occidental College records, Columbia University records, Columbia thesis, Harvard Law School records, Harvard Law Review articles, scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, passport, medical records, his files from his years as an Illinois state senator, his Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records, and his adoption records. 5: Several states already have begun working on various requirements for candidates to document their eligibility, and one proposal remains pending at the federal level.

Yes, I read it-did you? Maybe you didn't get to the end. Could you please post what exactly you are talking about? Otherwise, nice try. MOD? Can I take a Star back?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I read it... TWICE and could not find what you are claiming. I did however find this...

The result is that Obama could choose exactly what information – and in what format – he wanted released. He chose the computer-generated Certification of Live Birth, a form from the state of Hawaii that officials there have provided to those not born in the state, to document his eligibility.

Hmmmm, so who is the one not doing the reading???

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Get over it.

The only thing more annoying that the Tea Party and 9/11 Truthers are the BIRTHERS!

OMG, Rome is burning and you can't get over a freakin' birth certificate? Lame!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

It's because state and federal law did not require anyone in Congress or elsewhere to check to see if Obama was a "natural born Citizen" under the meaning of Article 2, Section 1 of the Constitution, according the document

Care to answer that?

The fact of the matter is that there is a STRONG possibilitiy that Obama is not a US citizen THAT was legally eligable to run for POTUS.

That is not a fact, just birther lies. Obama was born in Hawaii, and he has shown a valid birth certificate - a fact that birthers ignore!

and if you actually read the document you posted it says that Obama would be a naturally born American.....

but you never bothered to actually read it!!
edit on 9/11/10 by dereks because: (no reason given)

Sure, I got this one, BECAUSE THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILY WAS NOT FROM AFRICA! Stop trying to play the race card, so disgusting!
edit on 9-11-2010 by Eavel because: cant quote

edit on 9-11-2010 by Eavel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Hmmmm, so who is the one not doing the reading???

You and the OP, try reading the Congressional memo, not the stupid WND fluff piece

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Thank you for that. Now, I can't get the thing to open up fully.

Can you please post it. thank you.

Found a useable version here: www.scribd.com...

Now, apparently we aren't seeing the same thing from the same document, or something. Could you please cut and paste the section/words you are referring to?
edit on 11/9/2010 by anon72 because: Additional source

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Now, apparently we aren't seeing the same thing from the same document, or something. Could you please cut and paste the section/words you are referring to?

What is so hard about reading the last paragraph?

"The constitutional history and relevant case law thus indicate that one born "in" the United States, and subject to its jurisdiction, that is, when one's parents are not official diplomatic personnel representing a foreign nation in the U.S., would be considered a U.S. citizen "at birth" or "by birth," and thus a "natural born Citizen" of the United States, regardless of the citizenship status of the individual's parents."

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

SO much for civil decorum.

Nice to see you can get your point across so..... efficiently.

You aren't going to make many friends with that attitude.

I'm okay with it. You can take out your many flustrations of this fail presidency on me... I can take it.

Time will tell. Let's see what happens when the House gets officially flipped and what info is dug up during any investigations into what the Great Communicator/Uniter comes up with.

Thanks for your input. (sic)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ae9c30ae519.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Care to answer that?

Okay: I'll give it a shot:
No previous president has made it his point to "fundamentally change" this country and as nobody ever asked what the hell that means exactly ( we still don't know for sure) what we know of his background is full of far left extremists advocating marxist idelogies. Marxism is Anathema to this country..

"Hope and Change" Hey Chris tingle Wallace MSNBC we are more than 3steps above kindergarten okay?

"HOPE and CHANGE"

SOMEBODY PLEASE ASK THE BRILLIANT ACADEMICIAN WHO NOBODY QUESTIONS:

" HOPE FOR WHAT? and "CHANGE FROM WHAT TO WHAT"??

"Yes we can; yes we can ( er maybe we can)" :how's he gonna pay for all that?? "Obama money; Idunno: his "stayash":yes we can...BAMBOOZLED AGAIN.
edit on 9-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There is not much telling what all will come out in the next two years.
The Gambino family investigating the Genovese family.
Probably get ugly.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

reply to post by dereks

Thank you for that. Now, I can't get the thing to open up fully.

Can you please post it. thank you.

Found a useable version here: www.scribd.com...

edit on 11/9/2010 by anon72 because: Additional source

Can you please just read pages 11 -14 of the report where it pretty clearly says that Obama is legit according ot the US law. That makes the OP and this thread laughable, along with your "logic".

I'm not going to re-type the scanned text for you here, just follow a goddamn link... And get a life...

I haven't read all from pages 11-14; but page 11 says: he presented a "copy of a "record of live birth" which from what I understand that is not the same as a "birth certificate"and could be obtained by anybody walking in off the street his own grandmother said he was born in kenya. His parents citizenship is such a tangle i takes a pants load of lawyers to straighten it out.

All I'm sayin is there's issues we should look into without being summarily dismissed with a wave of Arianna Huffington's hand as as "Racists":... So you "get a life" question authority a little its good for you.

I need to read this whole thing before getting overly involved here.
edit on 9-11-2010 by 46ACE because: withdrawn

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
I haven't read all from pages 11-14; but page 11 says: he presented a "copy of a "record of live birth" which from what I understand that is not the same as a "birth certificate"

You understand wrong, I suggest you read all the document before jumping in posting nonsense

and could be obtained by anybody walking in off the street

No it could not - why do you claim that?

his own grandmother said he was born in kenya.

No she did not - again, you really should not believe the silly truther sites

His parents citizenship is such a tangle itakesa pants load of lawyers to straighten itout.

And still wrong.

All I'm sayin is there's issues we should look into

They have all been looked into many times, and are just birther lies.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by anon72

Dude, either read the link or shut the hell up!

Get it?

no. ...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

<<   2  3 >>

join