It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microchip embedded Pills will be common place soon enough, Are you ready to give up all pills for pr

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Microchip embedded Pills will be common place soon enough, Are you ready to give up all pills for privacy?

Story Here

Turns out these babies will be used to monitor your body to make sure the pill is working correctly.

The initial program will use one of the Swiss firm's established drugs taken by transplant patients to avoid organ rejection. But Trevor Mundel, global head of development, believes the concept can be applied to many other pills.

So, who wants to bet these little suckers will be in every advil/tylanol in the next 40 years?Passing up a flu vaccine is one thing, but would you be willing to forgo all basic pills?

And YES there is a privacy issue.

A bigger issue may be what checks should be put in place to protect patients' personal medical data as it is transmitted from inside their bodies by wireless and Bluetooth. "The regulators all like the concept and have been very encouraging. But ... they want to understand how we are going to solve the data privacy issues," Mundel said.

Promising? yes. Spooky? oh yea. I always told myself I'd avoid vaccines that weren't absolutely necessary if there was the liklihood of having an implant in them. But I honestly don't know what I'll do when they end up everywhere. And yea, i whole heartedly believe they will end up in everything. Why not? if the technology is cheap enough.

At that point, I might just have swallow my pride, and privacy and take the plunge. NWO here we come.

Those are my thoughts. Leave your own.
edit on 8-11-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
let`s say these "suckers will be in every advil and tylonol". are they going to accumulate in your body and potentially cause poisoning or are they going to pass undigested every time you poo-poo? i am guessing most metals big enough for a chip would be poisonous and allergenic for your body if ingested regularly unless they are nano-size and made out of platinum in which case it`s not economically viable.
ok you could use stainless steel for its hypo-allergenic value and lower price, but still though

edit on 8-11-2010 by delicatessen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What harm would come from someone knowing you're taking an immunosuppressant prior to an organ transplant?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
As the song goes, "a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down".

If you are paranoid about your meds...

Crush the pills to a powder, sift through them for any 'implants',
and down them with honey and water.

Or, get yourself healthy and off meds.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It won't take long for an enterprising person to develop some sort of electro magnet or EMP device that will destroy the chips electronic circuits. You can zap the whole bottle at one time and then your free from intrusion. At least that is the path I would pursue.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
What harm would come from someone knowing you're taking an immunosuppressant prior to an organ transplant?

the harm could come from being tracked and
monitored by a corporate team who targets you
for an accident just so they can harvest your
organs. Oh my, what a horrible accident.
That spleen is then sold to the highest bidder.
The price of a good clean drug free spleen
(or any organ) goes up depending on quality.
We become harvesting clones for the elite who
want to survive and live forever. Or maybe you didn't
read the thread where they are already harvesting
organs in Israel???

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

There is a remedy for that s*^% crush the pills very well, if there was a chip, I donnot think it'd be worth a piss after crushing it!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

How exactly do these chips target people for "organ harvesting" when the pills being discussed are for people who are preparing to RECEIVE an organ?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

this is an excerpt from the OP : "The initial program will use one of the Swiss firm's established drugs taken by transplant patients to avoid organ rejection. But Trevor Mundel, global head of development, believes the concept can be applied to many other pills."

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

How exactly do these chips target people for "organ harvesting" when the pills being discussed are for people who are preparing to RECEIVE an organ?

surely you are not naive enough to think
that only organ recipients will be the ONLY
ones chipped? Once the tech gets mainstream,
it branches off into whatever purpose makes
the elite rich or furthers their agenda.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You still haven't explained how this technology would allow organ harvesting.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm sorry Mrs. Albertson
but your microchip has revealed to us
that on Sept. 30 you had 3 milligrams
of Cannibas in your bloodstream and on
Oct. 13 you also ingested a half once of
coc aine thusly our death panel has
decided that your request for a liver
transplant be denied for a one year
probation period. Should you survive,
your new application request for a liver
will be reviewed based on your new
microchip readings. Also, please note
that your prescription for Oxy Cotton has
been suspended til further notice due to
the fact that Oxy Cotton does not mix well with
Cocaine. And thank you for being microchipped,
we appreciate your business

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

embedding nanoscale gps system into a pill so they can track you down around a dark corner?
edit on 8-11-2010 by delicatessen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I'm sorry Mrs. Albertson
but your microchip has revealed to us
that on Sept. 30 you had 3 milligrams
of Cannibas in your bloodstream and on
Oct. 13 you also ingested a half once of
coc aine thusly our death panel has
decided that your request for a liver
transplant be denied for a one year
probation period. Should you survive,
your new application request for a liver
will be reviewed based on your new
microchip readings. Also, please note
that your prescription for Oxy Cotton has
been suspended til further notice due to
the fact that Oxy Cotton does not mix well with
Cocaine. And thank you for being microchipped,
we appreciate your business

That seems perfectly reasonable to me. Why should someone who can't follow basic rules for minimizing the chance of organ rejection be allowed to have an organ instead of someone who CAN follow the rules? I've recommended more than a few people for lower rank on the transplant list for failed drug tests and continued alcoholism and have no regrets about it whatsoever.
edit on 11/8/2010 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

i am sure he`s on about being "infected" with a gps chip and followed around 24/7. me thinks entitlement to organ receiving is whole another topic. sorry for constant butt-ins.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by delicatessen

No worries =)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This really stinks since I cannot - absolutely CAN NOT - boycott Novartis' products. They are the ONLY pharmaceutical in the world to manufacture percorten-v. Percorten-v is the monthly injection that keeps my rescue dog alive. She has Addison's disease and can't take florinef or fludrocortisone for this condition. She must have percorten. Sigh.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well, before it spins up too far, you've got to look at the details.

First, when will this sort of thing be financially viable? The cost isn't going to be free. The parts are fairly basic, but they're not as basic as, say, a simple serial number tag, because they've got a really tiny battery made out of dopant exposed on the die (clever) in order to do data logging when not being interrogated. There are a number of other little sensors integrated on the die, too, which is why they're visibly large. All that adds up to more cost. Even if they get it down to two or three cents a part, it's going to be a big cost adder if you try to use it in generic Tylenol or the like.

Anti-rejection meds are a different matter. They cost a LOT per pill, and you could easily warrant the use in that case.

Second, what is the basic technology in use here? It's yet another h-field part. You cannot read it from more than a few inches distance. That's why you have a strapon (or stick-on) interrogator that goes with it that you have to wear. The "external patch" is a near-field interrogator that reads the part using a magnetic field. The parts do not emit radio signals. The patch has a very short range bluetooth link that sends the chip data to your cell phone or whatnot. The parts by themselves do not communicate with radio and cannot be read past a few inches.

Third, there is no "GPS pill", and never will be.

Fourth, you can't put chips into vaccines. I know it's a common meme, but there's basic parts to RFID that just don't shrink to the size you'd need.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

How dare you inject logic and common sense into this discussion!

edit on 11/10/2010 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

How dare you inject logic and common sense into this discussion!

edit on 11/10/2010 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

I've done quite a number of RFID designs, parts to systems, it's one of those topics I can actually speak from experience.

Not that a lot of people don't WANT to be able to do GPS implants - it just doesn't work, and for really good reasons based in physics.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join