It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama endorses India for UN permanent security council status

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It seems jobs and contracts weren't his only agenda.... Wonder how China and Russia will feel about this????

Thoughts???

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Something smells fishy about Obama's trip to India. I would think that we would better our relationship with China and bring back the manufacturing jobs that we have lost here in the states. However, Obama goes to India and kisses their butt like I've never seen before by an American President. It's strange how Obama is said to be Muslim and India is a Muslim nation. Then out of nowhere we start good relations with India and speak on their behalf to endorse India in the UN council. Is it me or is something fishy going on here.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Good for India, but Pakistan will be pissed for sure.

Will this be the move that makes Pakistan go rogue? I sure hope not, but the Afghan war needs to end one way or the other.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Gotta agree with you there, Pakistan is gonna be livid...for sure, One has to wonder whether this will set off a huge debate on who deserves to have this status, and what qualifies a country to sit on this panel...

India is in focus for some reason, and it has come on rather quickly, too fast for most peoples taste...

Watch, and wait....???

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bputman
Is it me or is something fishy going on here.

It's you. Since when is India a muslim nation?

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, it is said that Obama is a muslim. It is also said that Santa exists and 19 terrorists were responsible for 9/11. Honestly it's so obvious that many people who dislike Obama do so just because the right wing has made him out to be "the other."

DOWN WITH RACISM. DOWN WITH IGNORANCE.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
double post
edit on 8-11-2010 by kimar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
double post
edit on 8-11-2010 by kimar because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the correction, but I still believe something fishy is going on with Obamas visit to India. We need to make better relations with China first then India.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bputman

India is the world's largest democracy and will be a major economic force in the 21st century. It makes all the sense in the world for Obama to forge good relations with India.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
reply to post by bputman

India is the world's largest democracy and will be a major economic force in the 21st century. It makes all the sense in the world for Obama to forge good relations with India.

India is a 3rd world cesspool. They debase humanity by living worse than any living thing on the planet. They have institutionalised racism in the caste system and most earn $1 a day. Yet they squeal “racism” at the slightest criticism. As if they’re going to be an economic powerhouse to be reckoned with.

The way they handled the Commonwealth Games shows what they’re really capable of – a botched job.

Obama must have an ulterior motive in going to India, yet he’s done a botched job on the US. So maybe he just wants to immigrate there when his term is over.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

It's strange how Obama is said to be Muslim and India is a Muslim nation. Is it me or is something fishy going on here.

Don't worry it's not fishy it's only you, India is NOT a Muslim nation and has long been at war with an actual Muslim nation, oh by the way Obama is not a Muslim, owing to his obvious intelligence he's probably an atheist pretending to be a Christian for votes.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

It's strange how Obama is said to be Muslim and India is a Muslim nation. Is it me or is something fishy going on here.

Don't worry it's not fishy it's only you, India is NOT a Muslim nation and has long been at war with an actual Muslim nation, oh by the way Obama is not a Muslim, owing to his obvious intelligence he's probably an atheist pretending to be a Christian for votes.

Alright if you read down you would of noticed that I made a mistake. Not making any excuses for it, just a bad mistake, at least I admit it.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Macdon

I think you're being way too harsh. India is developing. And don't forget it has a history of being oppressed by European forces to deal with.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is actually a good thing. This gives India a permanent seat at the Security Council. The difference is that those holding permanent seats hold veto power. This is a good thing as we become more bound to India or likewise they become more bound to the US then the two will have more power in the Security Council. I think there is a great unraveling of the relations between permanent seat countries in the UN and the US will more than likely become cannon fodder if we do not try to bolster better relations with those permanently on the security council. The Current Permanent seat holders are U.S.A., Russia, Britain, France and China. China owns all of our debt and Russia has hated us for decades. We need more jobs period. This new relationship with India is going to piss off China and Russia BIG TIME, not to mention France waivers on everything anyway. We need one more seat with veto power on the UN Security council that is USA Friendly in order to stay a powerful state.

As for the jobs thing, I think that Obama has been pushing his own agenda from the get go. Granted we were already in big trouble prior to his term he certainly hasn't done much to help the situation. The referencing of too little, too late is because those people feel he is doing this to try and win an electoral vote for the next presidency. I don't think that's it at all. I think he has had this in the works for some time now and trying to win this deal for a while. (no proof but it just seems like a lot to do just after the senate elections). What his agenda is with this I'm not certain but he certainly picked a highly controversial area to be making deals with.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

owing to his obvious intelligence he's probably an atheist pretending to be a Christian for votes

I find that to be an interesting statement. There is more of a chance of that being true than him secretly being a Muslim. It would also explain why he panders to the Muslims, if it's all wrong from his perspective he can put on an academy award performance for all both Christians and Muslims.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What's wrong with being atheist?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I read this earlier and was going to post a thread on it.

I'm glad India is being considered for a spot. Why not? They are the largest Democracy. If anything it will offset China's growing influence. As far as Pakistan getting butt hurt. Too bad. Pakistan has been playing their games for far too long. [I know Pakistan is in a difficult spot] being caught between two worlds. 1. Wanting to join the Modern Western world and 2.Trying to hold on to their tribal traditional heritage. BUT. They have also turned a blind eye to certain groups operating within their borders.

I think India will eventually obtain the status. In the long run it will be good for the West and India. Uncertain for China and Russia.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Thanks you took it the right way, no supporter of Obama me, I don't buy into the left right paradigm, no matter who wins the election the banksters always get in, the only changes are subtle nuances or even just which band of voters get a little temporary dose of happiness no change the rip off continues.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

i'm on board with pakistan getting mifted not a good idea to act all buddy buddy when obama is bombing the crap out of the pakistanis and then go befriends india with the un security council seat.

another attribute that obama clearly lacks among a myraid of other things foreign policy decisions.

i was watching the news today about india its economy grows at 10 % a year and has 400 million people without electricity so i am going to agree with the cesspool comment.

obama has no brains anyone who still says that man is smart is in denial.

new topics

top topics

join