It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new member whos fed up and angry at prediction threads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
dont get me wrong im not some bitter person

i just like everybody has done at one point, used to enjoy the odd prediction thread here and there, whether it was blossom goodchild in 08, or the y2k craze

however, these days there are about a million prediction or prophecy threads on these forums whether its davidicke boards, glp boards, unexplainedmysteries forums, or obviously ats...

example thread titles like this

`did you know november 9th webot says this`

`did you know the 15th of the 9th matches up the same as 911`

`david wilcox has guaranteed disclosure`

`omg, market crash guaranteed by the end of january`

`sun flare activity to increase with catastrophic consenquences by end of year`

`the 15 of the 9th divided by 2 and 3 is the same as 9-11`

`ufos will land on the 6th march`

`the 25th febuary is an iluminati number watch out for major attack`

okay these are all bogus thread titles, but you get what i mean

there have been thousands and thousands of these kind of threads for years on these forums,
but over the last 6 months ive noticed a massive increase, and ive seen on a average day theres anything up to 20, prophesising or predicting disclosure, end of world, financial and global meltdown

has one.. even one of these threads ever ever ever come true!

never!

yet these fearmongers obsessively make the threads day in day out!
its almost like THEY WANT the world to end

its almost like THEY WANT doom and gloom to happen

yet it baffles me how people STILL give the time of day, or entertain prophecy or prediction threads
how the november 6th thread which has god knows how many flags and replies is STILL OPEN 2 days after nothing happened and hasnt been labeled hoax or closed!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

im fed up to the brink of dates, numbers, predictions and prophecies!!

NONE OF THEM have ever ever come true, and will ever come true

if earth was in danger of an extinction event, its extremely likely to happen so fast we wouldnt know about it nor would we be moaning about it on an internet forum!

just live your life.. anything can happen.. you can walk down the road and be eaten by a lion

theres so many possible doom scenarios but when you sit on forums, and daily create threads about how your convinced a certain date is the end of the world

i mean COME ON, seriously grow up!

im fed up to the point where prediction threads make me mad

they are pathetic
nonsense
hoaxes
completly uninformative and contribute nothing but needless fearmongering!

and the people who make them seriously need to get a life

i know it may seem to the moderators that im `flaming` or created this thread to be mean

but im not... i want a website about conspiracies, ufos and breaking news!

but im fed up when i see 90 per cent of the pages clugged up with RIDICULOUS meaningless predictions!

my two cents

hello by the way

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
You have another account here at ATS ?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
he/she probably has, but I also agree the op is right

*fed up

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Welcome dude, its always good to have new members. Hope you enjoy the forum and find everyone civilised and polite. I look forward to some interesting threads and posts of your own.

I will say however, its probably not the best idea to pick a fight on your first post as it doesn't give the greatest impression but I take your point.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by y2kendofworld

I knew ya were gonna write this thread, I knew it. In fact I predicted it.

See what I did there?

Agreed with OP, its gotten a bit much.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Focus your hating energy somewhere else
i understand its kinda irritating but what the heck! alot of conspiracy are not waterproof,, but THIS has a deadline every time some prediction comes down, and when its over, nothing happens,, its your fault if you used your time bashing the thread, and in the end you feel angry cause you used alot time doin what you felt you had to do.

Peace ....

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Again! dont get to much exited! take a chill pill

edit on 8-11-2010 by Vicodin because: Double Post xP

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I have been coming here for years. Yet to see a prediction come true.I believe all this prediction crap is just entertainment. No-one knows the time of the end but the creator. Believe in yourself and that is all that matters, there is an evil power that in my opinion are trying to keep us confused and grasping at anything.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

The solution is simple in the extreme. Dont go into prediction threads and please dont worry ablout the site being " Clogged" up. Numers means revenue, more numbers more revenue.

I would advise though that some of the epic prediction threads will offer a wealth of information that is sourceable and verified that you may not have known. Like everything else in life, take from it what you want and walk away from that which dosnt interest you.

Welcome and good luck, respects

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
my point is this
they are so annoying
why do people make them
why are they so OBSESSED WITH DATES and predictions!

and why do these thread creators of doom threads never return at the end when the date passes to apologise or say `i was wrong`!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I actually recently posted a thread about this very issue. Please feel free to stop by and give your thoughts. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sometimes predictions come true. You never know. Maybe one day one of these predictions will be right. We all have the right here to discuss whatever we like as long as it is within the T&C. If someone thinks they have a prediction, by all means feel free to post it. My issue comes in when the silliest theories get flagged to death as if the thread holds some real information or evidence. Then it becomes the top story on the site and for the casual visitor or new visitor it is a representation of what this site is about.

We, as users of this site, need to be more responsible in what we flag and why we flag it.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I hear what you are saying, but would you go to the cinema to see a chick flick if chick flics " Annoyed" you?

No I dont think you would. The epic thread running just now that has reached 500 flags has taught me so much, found bits of breaking news and has witnessed group research of a level Ive never seen before. Add to that the politics, the attempted derailing and debate of a very, very high standard and it would have been a loss had signals not created it.

respects
edit on 8-11-2010 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by who-me?

I knew ya were gonna write this thread, I knew it. In fact I predicted it.

See what I did there?

Agreed with OP, its gotten a bit much.

LOL!

But seriously, there, folks...I think it would be interesting to have a "Hall of Shame" or something like that for you mugs that post predictions that turn out to fall flat.

If you do a prediction thread, your name goes on a list and the thread goes immediately under the 'predictions' banner. If your prediction does not come through as stated, your name, atavar, etc. is put on a separate page that allows ridicule, scorn, verbal spankings, etc.

This would, of course, be more work for the mods, but it would also be lots of fun.
edit on 8-11-2010 by MMPI2 because: v

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
What's up with being so irate?

Just don't click on them.

It's not in the T/C that you must click on every thread on the front page. Just scroll right on by........it's easy.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Lots of fun and use of word like mugs...ah well, enough said.

respects and a second line.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I agree, they are becoming evermore common place, and some are wild, to say the least. But if you think outside the box, you will realise this is merely a reflection of man's craving for a change to the way things are as we know them. We are all hoping, deep down inside, whether consciously or subconsciously, that the world will change from the dire way it is at the moment, and that as a result of some global tragedy, something good will come out of it.

They may well express it as 'The end of the World', but really what they are saying is, if there's a chance that any of these predictions will come true, a lot of folk are wanting it to happen to stop the rot.

We are all sick of the way things are going, and funnily enough that ties in with the Myans making reference to the end of an era... The dawning of the age of Aquarius etc. Maybe we are beginning to mentally attune to the changing energies in the universe, and the coming alignment. 2012 may not be the end the world, but it will hopefully change our ways to a better, more spiritual existence, instead of this materialistic, money mad, corrupt and destructive way of life, we are living today!

So, don't fret over predictions, see it as a positive sign, but if it's too much to bare, do what I do, and either add constructive criticism to a post, or be selective in those you want to read. As with all free speech websites, you're bound to get a mixture of good and bad posts..

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Welcome to ats....Ha ha your right these are the same issues over and over,the one thing I look out for is with all these predictions day after day someones bound to get a hit! I say we form a pool and start taking bets on who will get it right.......any takers?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

But, I wonder why you chose this to be your first post - if you're that angry and fed up, why join? Not meaning to sound snappy, i'm just wondering why?
You're just going to have to do what the rest of us do, learn to see past them, stick to the areas of the board where there tends to be less insanity, and more intellect. It can get frustrating when you see people take over good threads with the chicken little routine, but that's when you gotta log off and breathe and try not to snap at them (something i've gotten in trouble for more then once ;p)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Human beings have an innate ability to make patterns out of data, it's part of what helps keep us alive and helps us understand the complexities of the world in a simple way.
Unfortunately people also have the ability to make patterns out of data when there isn't actually any meaningful pattern there, it's been going on forever, and I doubt it's going to stop any time soon.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Funny, the "I hate prediction threads" are populating the recent hit list just as much as "I have a prediction" thread.

Both sides of this coin need to stop.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join