It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My plea to ATS and the only prediction I will ever make.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by wcitizen

U know what's funny...both you and sly1one posted on the Nuclear false flag alert thread.

Take it the two of you are feeling pretty stupid that absolutely NOTHING happened!!

Can you read? Have you read my contributions to this thread? Have you been back to the thread you refer to and read what I posted today?

In short, to answer your question. NO. I don't feel in the least stupid. I had my reasons for participating in the thread, and as far as I am concerned they are still valid.

You WANT me to feel stupid, because you think I should. That means you want me to see myself through your eyes and not my own....and what can I say. Perish the thought. So hey, here's some news for you - your opinion of me and what I do is of no interest to me whatsoever, not least of all because of your disrespectful and incredibly juvenile attitude.

So, let me be clear. I'm glad I participated in the thread. I believe it was a good thread. Your opinion on my participation in that thread is of less than zero interest to me.

When you grow up you might learn the value of 'live and let live', and of respect and courtesy. But I'm not holding my breath.
edit on 8-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thank you for this well put together attack on the floaty department. Very entertaining.

I agree these prediction threads shouldn't be on top of the list,

However...

These get much attention and everyone who isn't a dodo would find There is much more to be found around hear.
Otherwise the would be prejudicial and... well... Just plain ignorant.

I would love it if people actually flag the good stuff instead of the entertaining stuff.
Unfortunately they don't. I guess we have to live with it.

Please tell me why you had a date planned to post this thread ?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
And, I respectfully counter this thread by saying, if you don't enjoy the prediction threads, ignore them. I also say that the complaining and fit throwing by those who don't like prediction threads has gone just as annoying.
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
I guess it's time for me to quit this forum.

Too much garbage content getting too much attention.

I'm out.

I don't feel like I can post here anymore or discuss anything without someone going off about it. This thread is proof of that. I used to love coming here and reading almost every day. Now all I see is threads like this where someone is angry about the content. It's not worth it anymore.

Peace all. It was fun while it lasted I guess.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling
And, I respectfully counter this thread by saying, if you don't enjoy the prediction threads, ignore them. I also say that the complaining and fit throwing by those who don't like prediction threads has gone just as annoying.
Thanks.

One of the biggest reasons I read here is because of the prediction and prophecy forum. Now it seems everyone has their pitchforks out. There's other forums on the net. Just PM me and i'll link you to them. I'm about to log off for good.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I predict more predictions are on the way...please star and flag me.

edit on 8-11-2010 by Mythkiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Woah! slow down before you pop a vain,dude!

Look,see yourself how ever you want.Doesn't matter to me.

Sorry if I was a little disrespectfull.Don't take it personally.

and...

yes,I've read ur contribution to that thread and it's gone from a possible false flag event to you guys stopping it just by discussing it.

All I'm saying is no one will know for certian what the future holds for us because the future is constantly changing.They're merely guesses.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Moar predictions plz.....

It makes the predicters happy and the complainers unhappy. For the rest of us, just grab some popcorn or something better.

It's a WIN WIN sitrep. Over.

PS I'll star ya but I can't flag ya until you step up to the plate with your own (thread) prediction!
edit on 8-11-2010 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2010 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Perhaps we could have a blue flag and red flag system where a reader could make a quick determination based on the overall flags.

For instance, hypothetically, this thread could have 100 plus blue flags countered by 200 plus red flags.

Overall, the count would be red, denoting nonsensical garbage, as voted by the majority of readers.

I'm not singling out this thread. There are so many other garbage posts discussing the desire to stop the predictions in the prediction forum.

edit on 8-11-2010 by msdesertrat because: spelling

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I know where your coming from OP!!

Only this evening I ventured into the "Predictions & Prophecies" forum here on ATS, and guess what I found there?...........Predictions and damned Prophecies!!!!......it makes my blood boil!!

As an aside, now that you've told me what I should and should not star and flag in the predictions forum, could you please tell me what I should and should not star and flag in the Aliens & UFO forum, because I quite enjoy reading there and would hate to make an ATS social "faux pas" by flagging or starring something that I personally find informative, but is not considered to be the "socially acceptable" thing to do.

Thanks in advance

Argyll

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
what if something was gonna happen on nov 6 but the thread stopped it from happening? did you think about that one? if 9/11 never happened we'd be blaming the 9/11 whistleblower for crying wolf

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Wow boy you juts beat me to it! Almost 500 flags is a huge number for an ATS thread! Thousands and thousands have read this conspiracy, how do you know we didn't prevent a false flag attack? Huh? Huh? :-)

And also, november ain't over yet...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well nothing happened.So how are we suppose to know if you stopped it or not?huh?huh?

We'll just have to see what Nov holds in store for us.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
"Aliens Back Clinton"
"Osama Capured by Rednecks"
"Kitty Guilty of Murder"
"Hillary Clinton Adopts Alien Baby"
"Cigarettes Cured My Cancer"

These are tabloid headlines which are all a buch of nonsense.

The failed predictions on ATS are making it look more like the National Enquirer than a place for reasonable discussions of world events.

Good post, OP!
edit on 8-11-2010 by Sanity Lost because: wasn't finished yet.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
As a fairly new user it's pretty obvious that Prophecies & Predictions forum is a bit of a joke. I find myself reading the forum when I feel there's a drought in all the other boards, cos you know when you're reading someones predictions its really just poppycock. Discussions about ancient prophecies and well known predictors are interesting, but when coolrobot256 predicts a date or event it really is just a joke. What's more funny is that people seem so adamant that dates & events with no real prior evidence will transpire.

For me it's timewave and web-bot talk that really makes me laugh - on an almost monthly basis a date passes where one of these things was supposed to predict something but never has, and this has gone on for months and months yet people still seem convinced it's going to produce results. I feel sorry for those that can't read the prophecies forum and laugh at 95% of its content.

That said, very good post, very good point. Too bad no-one will listen, and that a majority will continue to masturbate over some completely random date that a Microsoft Excel chart mentioned.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
S&F
Thank you, and I'm glad it made the front page so hopefully many would be posters and flaggers will read it and at least think about it.

For a long time I've been frustrated with the flag/star system..if only because, and I think this is one of the OP's points, so many of these non-sense threads are getting crazy amounts of flags...and it does seem that prophesies are the hot topic lately.

I love ATS for its wealth of information and news, much of it reported well before MSM and often times with descriptions from people on scene or close to it. Or just really interesting discoveries/topics.

There was a time when you could come here and find the really good stuff quickly (ie the front page). But now some of these off the wall topics make it because of all the flagging and than they stay up there for days lol. Now you really have to search for the good stuff. I pretty much just quickly bypass the front page and go right to the forum lists.

Well, I guess power to the people and what they want right? And I suppose that is why the Science Fiction channel is airing Wrestling now to. Maybe ATS should have a wresting forum

So yeah, just think about what your flagging I guess..make it count

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Perhaps the predictions forum should be removed then, and from now on only truth posted to the site.

Oh wait...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Some of the responses here are truly amazing. Sitting here now, I almost have no clue where to even start

I notice a lot of post echoing each other. Which is questions I pretty much have already answered or addressed and I will happy to do so again. Maybe this time someone will actually read it.

Censorship

No where in any post I have made did I say people should not be allowed to post their predictions. If that is what I said, please feel free to quote it and prove me a liar. What I have said is

Maybe you misunderstood me. I am not talking about censorship. I have not said at any time that others should not discuss it. What I did suggest is not flagging it to the top of the boards, but instead use the "subscribe" feature. It allows you to keep track of a thread and get back to it easily

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by harryhaller

Make suggestions and so on, but stop trying to censor ATS, or anywhere else, please.

And that is exactly what this thread is. It suggest using the subscribe feature over flagging. I am suggesting that we all take some responsibility in what we flag and why we flag it. Rather than flagging a thread we find interesting, we subscribe to it instead and see how it goes. If the thread then sparks good debate, critical thinking, real evidence in place of speculative nonsense

then flag it to the top

This has nothing to do with what I like or do not like. So for the "if you do not like it do not read it" crowd. Maybe you missed it when I said,

quote]Originally posted by MrWendal reply to post by mblahnikluver

Now actually I enjoy the Predictions & Prophecies forums. At no point did I say I disliked it. I actually like my fair share of doom and gloom. I like reading about the dreams people had. I actually believe some people can dream future events. However, it is one thing to say "this is my dream and this is what I got from it" and saying "I had a dream and the world WILL come to an end because my dream said so".

"Flag Envy" and the "I can flag what I want crowd"

No where in any post did I say you couldn't flag something you like. Seriously where do you come up with this? What I did say was we should flag threads based on their content. Not for the cute attention grabbing title, not because it is something we want to read later or keep track of. If you share the same views as a thread, by all means DO FLAG IT, but let's take a moment to see what the content is actually about. Again I say, I am guilty of flagging threads for the same reason I just posted and I think that is something we should change. Why anyone would have a problem with flagging based on a threads actual content rather than the reasons listed above is really amazing to me.

"why do you care what others think?" and "your so worried about looking like a loon" crowd.

First off, I am a daily visitor to a conspiracy website. I automatically look like a loon to the average person. That does not concern me. I believe 9/11 was an inside job and have no issues with letting someone know it should the subject come up. Rest assured, there are many many people who would say I am a loon. I rarely give much thought to how others perceive me. My issue is about how the flags we put on threads and cause said threads to sit at the top of the boards and represent this web site that touts the banner "Deny Ignorance" Many people are really hung up on the November 6th thread featuring the Simpson's, but that is not the only thread I listed in the OP. I gave numerous examples which seem to have gone unnoticed. Maybe instead of assuming what I am attempting to say, you should go back and actually glance over the numerous examples I did list and ask yourself how did a thread that had pictures of train cars that haul cows suddenly become a "prisoner train car" with the purpose of gathering us all up and taking us to the FEMA camp?

Here it is titled "Get Ready Folks". Which features striing evidence such as

Now, driving home from church today I noticed something very odd that I have never seen before, right under the overpass for the railroad tracks leading to this FEMA camp I saw a great line of prision cars lined up. I was stunned, these cars were ready to go, I have never seen them stacked up outside the Camp before while driving to or from church.

There isn't a slaughterhouse within 50+ miles. I live in the heartland, I've seen hundreds of cattle cars, this isn't one.

The FEMA camp these trains are parked outside has no cattle. Well, it will have human cattle in a few months.

Well, it's safe to assume they aren't. There isn't a cattle auction site, or a slaughterhouse within 50 miles. This is a suburb of Indianapolis Indiana.

Sadly I do not live near Indiana, but I can tell you there is a slaughter house 25 miles outside of Indianapolis in a town called Hazelwood and again I do not live there. Also the thread comes with pics!!! Surely that is evidence right? Well, go look at the pics and you tell me how "evidence" like that warranted close to 100 flags, which by today's system would have put it front and center on the main board.

Now do I think the thread should not be read, discussed, posted or debated? No I do not, on the contrary, it should be posted, discussed and debated (in this case debunked) but instead of flagging the thread because it was interesting, or a member wanted to read it later and thought by flagging it would be easier to find again, I suggest using the subscribe feature which accomplishes what you set out to do. We should be handing out flags based on the content of the thread and clearly the content of that thread is questionable at best. Again, go read the OP, look at the pictures and decide for yourself.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Then this forum can decompose with the garbage.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

I wonder why people are so obsessed with these prediction threads? Why bother with predictions? Are they just entertainment to the people (like for the OP) or are people really so miserable, ready-to-die, hopeless, desperate, believing-in-nonsense types, that these threads get so much attention.

The recent thread on the subject of the material sourced from the Simpson's and The Lone Gunman's episodes to me were not so much about prediction but rather questioning the role TPTB have in events which are detrimental to all peace-loving people.

One thing that was absolutely predictable was that someone like Mr Wendal was going to post such a thread as this one when the possible event some posters in Signal's thread feared was going to happen didn't eventuate. WE have to remember that nearly all of the posters in Signal's thread were motivated in their suspicions and curiosity by the preceding event of 9/11, not by mental illness or immaturity. Now here comes Mr Wendal who is basically saying: "I am mature, intelligent, and sane. Who else on ATS is mature, intelligent and sane? Hands up!"

Yes, the Simpsons is only a cartoon. What does that obvious statement imply though? That it is designed only for children? That it is for amusement only? Do only children watch the Simpsons?

Has not code been previously inserted into unsuspected media? Several posters in that thread raised the point that such code (if it was code) was not intended to be seen by the masses and that it was a form of communication used between those privy to that means of communication. This has happened in espionage circles and in wartime, so the idea has credence.

Mr Wendal you are being purposely over-simplistic in your denigration of the "paranoid threads that prove to fail". It is not about what can be proved and what can't be proved, it is about exploration. There are two sides to the brain - the intuitive and the logical. Both sides have to synthesized in a way to arrive at a complete understanding of life.

Remember who is under suspicion here and who is in the court being judged - TPTB.

Who are they? Are they actually our benefactors or are they exploiting us? And to what extent?

Is their agenda only political and economic or is there also an occult agenda to their program? It is the suspicion of an occult agenda that has awakened the intuitive faculty of so many here on ATS. And yes, that faculty if allowed to become totally detached from the reason side of the brain, leads to paranoia and schizophrenia. And yes, there will be casualties in that sense. But also great discoveries will be made, because perhaps the final battle for our freedom on this planet is indeed a Psywar - a war fought on a plane we have yet as a total species to awaken to.

What you are asking for Mr Wendal is that we remain totally logical and safe from intellectual error. If there is truly an occult agenda behind TPTB then we need to nurture and guide all efforts made by the psychonauts and wish them God speed.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join