It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway says: No Way to Mosque until Equal Treatment from Saudi Arabia!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I would say, applause to Norway.
According to news reports the saga has been disputed for a number of weeks.
The Sunni intelligentsia in Saudi Arabia wanted to sponsor a multi-million dollar mosque in Norway.
In Norway an opinion is popular which would stop such a project, until Saudi Arabia allows the building of churches.

Here is the article:
islamineurope.blogspot.com...

In my opinion the Norwegians are correct.
I only hear how Christians are restricted and must meet in alleys and homes in some Muslim states.
Nothing against Islam as such, but sauce for the goose and sauce for the gander.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It looks like it's a blog calling for no Mosques until there is equal treatment for (non-muslim?) people In Saudi Arabia. I don't think this is a law or a bill or some binding statement by Norway's government ... or am I missing something?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I have never heard about this.

We already have several mosques in Norway..

wiki

edit on 7-11-2010 by Anom3 because: add link

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The article which the OP links to is a translation of an article in the Norwegian newspaper VG, and the translation is correct. These statements have been made by the Jonas Gahr Støre, the Norwegian Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Go here to see the original news report in VG. The man (who looks rather annoyed!) in the photo is Jonas Gahr Støre:

www.vg.no...

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm a muslim and i star and flag this...

this might be unrelated but USA should have invaded Saudi arabia instead of Iraq in 2003...

destroy the wahabi disease!!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Thank you.
I first saw it yesterday on our Media24 TV update.
I couldn't find it with that search however, but the issue is on-going.

A lot of western people in Europe and elsewhere are starting to feel that way.
Why must we always be liberal and tolerant, and allow our culture and landscape to change, when we get nothing in return from those cultures?

OK, America is a melting pot, but many other Western societies do not see themselves as "melting pots".
These people are guests, and so are we in their culture.

edit on 7-11-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

The lone voice of clarity that spoke for millions who share the same feeling. Respect is a 2 way street, and is earned, not just given.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well done to Norway for standing up to these fools.

Kudos

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Its issues like this that cause me and my friends to push for a one world government with a single new age religion. We're leaning towards a big lightshow to convince everybody we're right

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by ziggystar60

Thank you.
I first saw it yesterday on our Media24 TV update.
I couldn't find it with that search however, but the issue is on-going.

A lot of western people in Europe and elsewhere are starting to feel that way.
Why must we always be liberal and tolerant, and allow our culture and landscape to change, when we get nothing in return from those cultures?

OK, America is a melting pot, but many other Western societies do not see themselves as "melting pots".
These people are guests, and so are we in their culture.

edit on 7-11-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

Don't ever buy that "melting pot" stuff.
I know it has been oft repeated, but who started it?
We NEVER intended to be THAT kind of melting pot.
Only melting of white Europeans.
Multiculturism NEVER works out.
It ALWAYS destroys the country where it goes on.

www.louisbeam.com...

"No nation is born multicultured. Multiculturalism is an unnatural as well as unhealthy condition that can only afflict states in national decline. A multicultural state carries in it's genes the seeds of eventual national destruction.

All multicultural nations will be found to be in a state of political, moral, economic and social decay. Greed and corruption will characterize the government coupled with oppressive measures directed against citizens. Lies and deceit will be stock and trade of media, politicians, and educational institutions. Such are the bellwethers of a multiculturalist advent."

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Great job Norway

if only Canada & the rest of Europe were like that.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is what all other countries, especially the USA should be doing. We cant build churches in muslim states so why can they build mosques??? The world should be equal. Flagged and Starred

EDIT: Also, I am NOT religious at all but I believe that they should play fair.
edit on 7-11-2010 by ZELDAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Sounds to me like one country (Norway) imposing it's values on another (Saudi Arabia), doesn't it?

Second line.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
[sarcasm]
SSSSHHHHH!!!!!!
You have to remember that Saudi Arabia is EXEMPT from all criticism.
* Nobody is allowed to fly in/out of USA post 911 - Except Saudi Arabians
* The US seems to be absolutely against all brown Muslims - Except Saudi Arabia
* Iraq and Afghanistan were attacked using 911 as the touch paper - the 'suspected hijackers' were mostly Saudi Arabians, so no attacks there.
* The US is solidly and mostly militarily against countries with oil AND human rights violations - Except Saudi Arabia
* The US hates countries without democracy - Except Saudi Arabia
* The US never (outwardly) supplies arms to Muslim countries with no democracy - Except Saudi Arabia
etc. etc. etc.

So stop talking smack about the finest country in the world. The human rights violations, the denigration of women, the intolerance of other religions, the public executions for petty crimes based on Sharia laws, are all a complete figment of your imagination. Quick, hold my hand and we'll walk and talk...
[/sarcasm]

It's about time that countries started to think critically about ALL the religions. This isn't anti Islam. It's anti intolerance. I have nothing against the faith, but the insidious nature of the establishment behind it is beginning to wear thin (and don't smirk Christianity...I have my eye on you too).

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well Then, It appears the Norwegians have their wits about them. Share and share alike, as well as
"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" . I fully respect practical engagement,common sense, and
political "Detante". Nip it in the bud so to speak. Tit for tat is much better than all out social unrest,
political turmoil ,and riots in the streets. Historically, this is the centrist way to proceed.

Interesting Post,,,,Thanks. S&F

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

More like political "Tit for Tat" and detante. All things being equal under the Sun, I strongly
disagree with your view. As a matter of fact, it is quite apparent that your initial statement is
most certainly the other way around. I respect your opinion all the same, but would suggest that
you research the Scandinavian social data as far as Muslim assimilation is concerned.
No offense, but the data suggest a serious incompatibility of cultures. It would be irresponsible
to ignore this issue and wait until it becomes a social violent social injustice.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

Very well said, your observations are not only disturbing, but they do have merit as well.

This falls under the"Two Way Street Human Rights Violation Pact" currently played by

The United States of America Foreign Policy Game. In other words, if it is profitable for "Corrupt

Corporatism" we will turn a blind eye to it. Its all business without ethics. And so on.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GW8UK
Its issues like this that cause me and my friends to push for a one world government with a single new age religion. We're leaning towards a big lightshow to convince everybody we're right

lol

2nd line

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
I'm a muslim and i star and flag this...

this might be unrelated but USA should have invaded Saudi arabia instead of Iraq in 2003...

destroy the wahabi disease!!

WOW. I just hope we can all remember we are all human and bleed the same red blood when we're hurt. Religions, at least everyone of them but maybe the buddhists, when taken to extremes by extremists, have been the basis of most of the world's strife, or at least a convenient excuse for SOBs to use.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
if only the rest of the western world could grow a pair and follow Norway. I don't think any predominantly muslim country would take to kindly to some Catholics coming along and building another St Paul's or Notre dame in their city.
Kudos to Norway and its government. nothing against muslims, just the fanatics...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join