It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Search For Life. Part 1 - Earths Extraterrestrial Past...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2901183ddb2.jpg[/atsimg]

The possibility of life outside a world of our own is something that in my opinion we’re currently obsessed with as a whole (so, err... that's not just us on ATS
), something which is shown merely through films, TV, the fact we’re discussing it now, and it’s seemingly always going to be a subject that’s, whether you’re a believer of it or not or whether you agree or disagree with it, is always going to fascinate, inspire and massively gain the interest of the many. Reasoning for this is maybe due to one simply not wanting to find that he’s the only one “alive” in the vastness of “lifelessness”, or maybe it’s due to nothing short of pure curiosity, the answers not really clear. What is clear however, is man’s pure awesome fascination with the otherworldly, and it’s certainly something that seems to have been very much present with the ancient to modern day man and it’s something that I’m certain is going to continue to fascinate and progress with each passing day where the unknown once more remains the unknown.

Whether our search for finding the known in the unknown and the absolute guarantee of life existing on another world is a pointless pursuit or not, it's a pursuit that’s being undertook still. In fact, today, more so than any other time in our known worlds entire history with the advancement of modern technology lending a hand to adhere to our curiosity, guiding us, we’re searching finding and learning more than ever before as well as taking vital steps in completing the challenge of finding not just simple life in a place outside of where we call ‘home', but possibly an evolved species which can match our own intellect, or even better it perhaps, as well as the guarantee of that very same life managing to begin its own journey..on its own – Surely, something that once achieved, if ever, would be the greatest discovery in all of man kinds existence?

This very truth however, the fact that we're more evolved than ever and more are looking up than any other generation in history, makes it even more amazing that to this day, life on other worlds isn’t a celebrated triumph but instead, quite possibly more so a mystery than it previously ever has been. For this, some can/will say government intervention is to blame and the real truth about an alien existence, maybe one in contact with us is hidden from clear view for whatever reason, some say it was a simple accident and basic human misunderstandings are the reason for the modern day sightings and some others simply say those who see “something” that can be deemed a UFO are simply crazy and they move on. Well, the matter of the fact is, whether some agree or disagree, something most certainly is being seen by many, whether it’s something ordinary or extraordinary we don’t know yet but each and every day, millions of people are being left baffled at seeing something odd in the sky, whether it's our own inventions or not, again, we don't know, but, it's most definitely there, that's for sure.

Now, I truly do find it amazing though that literally millions are looking up to the skies each night, and that number is most definitely growing it would seem, yet we still don’t have that 100% undeniable proof of the existence of extraterrestrial life, let alone any proof of being visited by them on a regular basis in the first place. For this I have to ask and place the thought in people’s minds that maybe the true reason isn’t government intervention at all like many here will claim (and will fight to believe), instead maybe the existence of "them" isn’t as straight forward as many conspirators, or at the very least I myself are seemingly leading themselves to believe? Maybe the existence of otherworldly life isn’t a given at all, maybe the sceptics were in fact right all along. I can't help but propose/challenge all the believers (myself included) that maybe extraterrestrial life isn’t real at all.

It’s that very possibility, one which I haven't really thought about much at all since being a member here and I'd hazard a guess it's the same for many others as it almost seems a certainty at times, which is why I’m attempting to make this thread, 'the search for life'. Not because I can prove anything at all, but because a curiosity in this subject, one that as I’ve already discussed had previously gripped many others, gripped my attention more so than ever and I want to show why I believe alien life does exist and how it may have visited earth either in the past, in the present or when it may do in the future. That's not to say I blindly believe, but I do most certainly believe and I want to show why.

After all, what use is an unlearned opinion? One which can't be shared....

Now, originally, I planned on writing a long thought out post doing such a thing but I’m forced to have a change of plans, reasoning for this is simple,.. I don't want to have information posted that may be lost/not seen by some as it would be if all the information I'm trying to bring together for you was all brought up together in a way that most people would just scroll through the information rather than take all of it in. Instead, I'm planning on discussing 3 separate parts (in separate threads) to the main thread of "The Search For Life.", instead of having one long huge thread discussing all at once.

It makes much more sense anyway as I can have a place to fully address my thoughts on the 3 main parts of any subject of this nature... “The history of”.. “The modern day phenomenon of”.. and of course “The future of” – in this case being the search for extraterrestrial life and in a format which, to me personally, seemed a much more appropriate thread to attempt to make.

So, again, here are the 3 main parts that I will be discussing upon the posting of part 3..

- Part 1 - The Search For Life. Part 1 – Earths Extraterrestrial Past..

- Part 2 - The Search For Life. Part 2 – Are they here?..

- Part 3 - The Search For Life. Part 3 – Finding Life..

Now, I do hope you continue reading, I hope you enjoy and of course I’d love to hear any opinions on the possibility of an ancient alien existence and the possibility of Alien visitation in earths past effecting ancient man in one way or another.

I Thank You.

The Search For Life. Earths Extraterrestrial Past..

"Our sun is one of a 100 billion stars in our galaxy. Our galaxy is one of billions of galaxies populating the universe. It would be the height of presumption to think that we are the only living thing in that enormous immensity"

– Wernher Von Braun

As I’ve mentioned, this thread has been split into 3 parts primarily because it’s a lot easier this way to discuss, in-depth, the possibility of alien life existing and possibly visiting earth. I feel anyway. That being so, In this section, I’m going to discuss and focus on my own thoughts, opinions and feelings about the possibility of maybe a race on earth coming into contact with or perhaps being spawned from an alien race not originally belonging to earth. Not forgetting the many other possibilities focused on ancient mans involvement with this idea. That means maybe discussing the possibility of the historical and ancient side of the story of the possibility of an alien race or intelligence of our own standing and or betters very own existence, as well as the possibility of the notion of that very same intelligence possibly coming into contact with the earth and its inhabitants at some point in history maybe even changing/purposefully directing the course of history to a much more personally preferred direction and whether it could have occurred, for example.

Whether such as statement, a statement I'm not proposing as fact or truth at this time, IS indeed true or not, I have no idea and whether I'll prove it, again, as I've previously mentioned on the matter, I have no idea but in making this thread I'm at least going to try and show why it's even considered a possibility in the first place by discussing some points from the ancient astronaut theory for example, all of the above mentioned, the possibility of the building of structures around the world coming from alien intervention and Alien themed art and text/scriptures, to name a few.

First of all though, I'm going to be discussing the Alien Astronaut/Alien theory (AAT), whether a theory which is true or not, who knows, but it's an interesting and fascinating theory no doubt. Something I find more than plausible in some respects..

Here's a quick snippet from the discovery channel which to me sums up the theory relatively well..

According to ancient alien theorists, extraterrestrials with superior knowledge of science and engineering landed on Earth thousands of years ago, sharing their expertise with early civilizations and forever changing the course of human history. But how did this concept develop, and is there any evidence to support it?

Ancient alien theory grew out of the centuries-old idea that life exists on other planets, and that humans and extraterrestrials have crossed paths before. The theme of human-alien interaction was thrust into the spotlight in the 1960s, driven by a wave of UFO sightings and popular films like 2001: A Space Odyssey. The space program played no small part in this as well: If mankind could travel to other planets, why couldn’t extraterrestrials visit Earth?

In 1968, the Swiss author Erich von Däniken published Chariots of the Gods?, which became an immediate bestseller. In it, he put forth his hypothesis that, thousands of years ago, space travellers from other planets visited Earth, where they taught humans about technology and influenced ancient religions. He is regarded by many as the father of ancient alien theory, also known as the ancient astronaut theory.

Most ancient alien theorists, including von Däniken, point to two types of evidence to support their ideas. The first is ancient religious texts in which humans witness and interact with gods or other heavenly beings who descend from the sky—sometimes in vehicles resembling spaceships—and possess spectacular powers. The second is physical specimens such as artwork depicting alien-like figures and ancient architectural marvels like Stonehenge and the pyramids of Egypt.

If aliens visited Earth in the past, could they make an appearance in the future? For ancient alien theorists, the answer is a resounding yes. They believe that, by sharing their views with the world, they can help prepare future generations for the inevitable encounter that awaits them.

Something I always got from Alien Astronaut Theory (AAT) is that it doesn’t seem to follow a set path or a set belief system in some way if that makes sense? In other words it's very vague in some areas and different people believe in vastly different things and I mean it's not like anyone can just ask a question like what does AAT believe about the possibility of humans being spawned from extraterrestrials or is ancient art connected in any way to extraterrestrials for example and then receive a direct answer. Reason being is I'm sure quite obvious but still, I feel because answers are far and few between, AAT will never be took seriously or seen as more than plausible to most.

Now, this being so it begs the question: Why are answers so far and few between? It seems to be down to, from my point of view anyway, perhaps a lack of evidence (i.e. actual physical evidence) or maybe even too much interpretation on mans part being needed, I really don't know which. I'd personally choose the latter at this moment in time although I'm sure both still do play a part still of course but in terms of the latter, just because interpretation IS indeed needed especially when looking at 2 key proponents of AAT which is the text/scriptures and art seemingly depicting alien crafts and beings, that in no way means that what's in fact being interpreted as maybe alien in origin is in any way false.. does it?

Although, it most certainly does make it difficult as a modern day interpretation of a BC old depiction, or even a modern day interpretation of something from a few hundred years ago in fact is always going to be biased in some way or another through modern day thinking and through modern day belief systems as opposed to the old and ancients. One such proof of this is the interpretation of this age old image below (left) as interpretation could be completely different in the short space of a mere 50 years as in the modern day, looking at the image on the left one would think astronaut, 50 years ago one may think deep sea diver for example..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/398e0e20642c.jpg[/atsimg]

Now, yes, the image on the left in modern day does seem to resemble something of an astronaut as shown by them next to one another, but, that doesn't mean that's what it was originally intended to be or mean. Interpretation is needed to fill in the pieces (as all we have is the figure to go on) so to speak and answer the question of why the age old figure on the left has what appears to be a helmet and some sort of space suit on. You see, no astronaut is ever mentioned yet this image is synonymous with the image on the right and I ask why? Well, modern day interpretation and thinking has played a part, that's why.

The same thing seems to happen with many of the other so called alien images, this is just one short example, but still, ancient astronaut theory is a seemingly plausible theory from where I am tbh, and yes as I mentioned, just because interpretation may be needed, that in no way means what's being interpreted is in anyway wrong. It just means we're not sure if it's correct.

Anyway, I'll discuss some of the ancient texts, the supposed alien art and the interpretation of it shortly but I want to try and focus on what appears to be the third key proponent of AAT which is the alleged “alien structures” on earth that some believe to have been made, quite possibly, by extraterrestrials for whatever reason.

Now, I ask first of all, is it possible that man himself simply isn't being given enough credit here, I mean, I don't think it's any stretch of the imagination to suggest that maybe the frustratingly stereotypical view of ancient man, which many people still seem to possess, placing them in somewhat of a less than favourable and un-intellectual light, is what's really hindering this thought process from occurring is it not? I mean IMO, it's certainly no lie to suggest that ancient man was indeed intelligent, but yet, if you ask a person today if they were, the only answer I think I would receive would be a resounding no. I ask why?

But, anyway, that's just my personal opinion on why some suggest in the first place ancient man couldn't be responsible for the building of structures still around today (a believe is held they couldn't), but, does evidence actually suggest any lack of intelligence at all?

Here's a couple of interesting threads from ATS as well which I’d like to show which suggests the ancients were in no way lacking intelligence as one would think they would be. In fact, these quick links, of amazing threads might I add, prove that man was capable of thinking waaay ahead of his time if anything at all..

Evidence of Stone Age amputation forces rethink over history of surgery

The 6000 year old megalithic complex of Meath County Ireland

New research reveals "writing" dates back over 30,000 years - 26 repeated "signs"!!

Out of Place Artefacts and other things: Update and Review 2010!

Things like this pop up all the time it seems, and it will continue to do so, reason being, ancient man as more than capable or having intelligence. It isn't something that just came about overnight.

Now, in terms of them having the ability to use that intelligence in ancient times and figure out ways to move stones for example, some weighing hundreds of tonnes, many miles for example, well, that's a completely different story but again I ask, is it possible? Could man really be responsible for such a thing or would he have needed an alien intervention as well as an advanced tool set-up? Well, below are my own reasons to believe man needed no such thing....

Before continuing reading though, please do watch this short interesting, food for thought video..

- Stonehenge -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/354a24081e2f.jpg[/atsimg]

Stonehenge is a prehistoric monument located in the English county of Wiltshire, about 3.2 kilometres (2.0 mi) west of Amesbury and 13 kilometres (8.1 mi) north of Salisbury. One of the most famous sites in the world, Stonehenge is composed of earthworks surrounding a circular setting of large standing stones. It is at the centre of the most dense complex of Neolithic and Bronze Age monuments in England, including several hundred burial mounds.[1]

Archaeologists had believed that the iconic stone monument was erected around 2500 BC, as described in the chronology below. One recent theory, however, has suggested that the first stones were not erected until 2400-2200 BC,[2] whilst another suggests that bluestones may have been erected at the site as early as 3000 BC (see phase 1 below). The surrounding circular earth bank and ditch, which constitute the earliest phase of the monument, have been dated to about 3100 BC. The site and its surroundings were added to the UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites in 1986 in a co-listing with Avebury Henge monument. It is a national legally protected Scheduled Ancient Monument. Stonehenge is owned by the Crown and managed by English Heritage, while the surrounding land is owned by the National Trust.[3][4]

Archaeological evidence found by the Stonehenge Riverside Project in 2008 indicates that Stonehenge served as a burial ground from its earliest beginnings.[5] The dating of cremated remains found on the site indicate burials from as early as 3000 BC, when the initial ditch and bank were first dug. Burials continued at Stonehenge for at least another 500 years
(Souce)

So, how exactly was it built?..

This enlightening and short video shows exactly and completely how we believe the Stonehenge site was built..Not to forget why it was built also.....

The 3 stages of building archaeologists seem to think occurred during the resurrecting of the famous Wilshire ancient site as explained and shown in the above video and externally linked material.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35756a11edc7.jpg[/atsimg]

But once more, I have to ask, was man actually possible of moving these huge stones weighing hundreds of tonnes into a set position? If so, how? Well, for an answer we may have to seek out modern day men for answers....

The video below is what I mean in particular as it's detailing the story of a man named ‘Wally Wallington’ and how he and he alone managed to build his very own Stonehenge using simple techniques as well as tools more than being capable of being used during the days of the resurrection of Stonehenge - Seemingly proving that it was indeed possible.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d305c63f50ab.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b9e0fa1f697.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61fcd053b794.jpg[/atsimg]

The above video more than proves it is indeed possible to move stones weighing hundreds of pounds using an incredibly simple technique, whether the ancients used this technique though, I don't know, but if they did, then Stonehenge was more than plausible under nothing but human hands. Not alien intervention.

- The Moai of Easter Island -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1bd401bda791.jpg[/atsimg]

- The Moai of Easter Island -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1bd401bda791.jpg[/atsimg]

To show how the Moai of Easter island may have been build using mans own hands, I need only one link it would seem..

What are Maoi?
Moai were large statues which were large faces atop an upper torso. They are about 13 feet high and weigh about 14 tons. The 887 moai of Easter Island dot the coastline. Supposedly, the moai were probably used as ceremonial statues. Archaeologists believe that they represented the spirits of ancestors, and chiefs. They were built on a colossal scale yet no one knows why the Easter Islanders chose to build them. They eventually let to the downfall of the civilization depleting their ecological sources.

How were Moai Built?
Moai were built from the volcanic rock of Rano Raraku. This volcanic rock wasn't too hard making in perfect for statue carving. The moai carvers would outline the moai in the rock wall and chip away until it was held only by a thin keel. The moai were then transported to different parts of the island.

How were Moai Transported?
This transportation of the moai is one of the greatest mysteries of Easter Island. These statues were immense and would've required a lot of manpower in order to be transported from Rano Raraku to their present day locations on the island. In some cases, the Easter Islanders had to transport these gigantic statues about 14 miles. Some people suggest that the moai were moved by being placed on logs and rolled down the ancient roads. Others believe that they were moved in an upright position and kept stable by crews manning the ropes. One of the most recent experiments was conducted by Jo Anne von Tilburg who showed that the moai could have been moved to Ahu Akivi in 5 days using 70 men by placing the moai on two large logs and rolling the whole unit on other logs placed perpendicular to it. To see a more detailed account of the experiment visit the Easter Island Statue Project.

Where are the Moai Today?
Today the moai are located along the coastline of Easter Island. They stand atop an ahu, a ceremonial platform built to support it. Many moai, however, never made it anywhere. They can be seen along the ancient roadways where they broke while being transported. Many moai were also left in the Rano Raraku quarry, not moved at all. These moai are one of the most impressive features of Easter Island. To see the many pictures of the moai, visit Explore the Island.
(Source)

It just seems to me that if Aliens were in fact responsible for building these monuments, like some seem to believe still, why would broken ones be left where they was? Or why were some left in the quarry assuming a much higher intelligence was responsible?

It feels to me that if a higher intelligence was responsible for moving these stones it ease then broken ones would also be moved.

The way they are suspected of being moved also seems to point to human intervention and even a relatively similar technique which may have been used in moving Stonehenge as well may have been adopted.

Alien intervention is still a possibility I’m sure, but not likely in the slightest from where I am.

Anyway, another interesting discovery from Easter Island is the Rongorongo...

Rongorongo is the mysterious script of Easter Island. In 1864 Brother Eugene Eyraud, a European missionary, mentioned hundreds of wooden tablets which he discovered on Easter Island. Today, only about 21 tablets survive. The tablets have only been partially deciphered yet most of the writing still remains a mystery.

Oral tradition tells us that scribes used obsidian flakes or shark teeth to carve the figures into the tablets. The writing includes about 120 symbols, which represent birds, fish, gods, plants and a variety of geometric shapes. The other unique aspect of Rongorongo is the direction of the writing. Supposedly, the writing starts from the left-hand bottom corner and then proceeds from left to right. At the end of the line you must turn the tablet around and continue reading the opposite way.
(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85b2392cade9.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53da7028fe28.gif[/atsimg]

Whether aliens are really mentioned (Presumably, the gods mentioned could refer to aliens) and if so, what could be said about them, I have no idea but an interesting thought to ponder over no doubt. And in regards to those whom actually made the Moai themselves, well, again, it's incredibly plausible that it was made by the inhabitants of Easter Island rather than Extraterrestrials. Most definitely

- The Nazca Lines -

The Nazca Hummingbird

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ef2ab15e5a9.jpg[/atsimg]

The Nazca Heron

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f164c5ddffa0.jpg[/atsimg]

The Nazca Spider

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e2f8b289620.gif[/atsimg]

The Nazca Condor

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/115ac3c10e9d.jpg[/atsimg]

The Nazca Tree

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5846fe3a104.jpg[/atsimg]

The Nazca Monkey

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a96fccb00385.jpg[/atsimg]

The Nazca Dog

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da353da26e2e.jpg[/atsimg]

The Nazca Hands

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26e7d0960382.jpg[/atsimg]

The Nazca Parrot?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd69f0e8d939.jpg[/atsimg]

The Nazca Astronaut

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4246bc05ef13.jpg[/atsimg]

The Nazca Whale

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d112ee6d5a9c.jpg[/atsimg]

...To name a few of them.

The Nazca Lines are a series of ancient geoglyphs located in the Nazca Desert of Peru. They have been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The high, arid plateau stretches more than 80 kilometres (50 mi) between the towns of Nazca and Palpa on the Pampas de Jumana. Although some local geoglyphs resemble Paracas motifs, scholars believe the Nazca Lines were created by the Nazca culture between 400 and 650 AD.[1] The hundreds of individual figures range in complexity from simple lines to stylized hummingbirds, spiders, monkeys, fish, sharks or orcas, llamas, and lizards.

The lines are shallow designs made in the ground by removing the ubiquitous reddish pebbles and uncovering the whitish ground beneath. Hundreds are simple lines or geometric shapes; more than seventy are designs of animal, bird, fish or human figures. The largest figures are over 200 metres (660 ft) across. Scholars differ in interpreting the purpose of the designs, but they generally ascribe religious significance to them, as they were major works that required vision, planning and coordination of people to achieve.

The geometric ones could indicate the flow of water or be connected to rituals to summon water. The spiders, birds, and plants could be fertility symbols. Other possible explanations include: irrigation schemes or giant astronomical calendars.[2]

Due to the dry, windless and stable climate of the plateau and its isolation, for the most part the lines have been preserved. Extremely rare changes in weather may temporarily alter the general designs.
(Source)

Now, since the lines can be spread out over absolutely huge distances and can also only be seen from the sky, some people assume, to this day still, that they could only have been built by an extraterrestrial race or for one perhaps (presumably because they'd be the only ones able to view them)? Well, the latter is unclear, but in regards to Aliens actually making them, well, I wholeheartedly disagree..

It seems that the most plausible theory proposed from where I am states that the lines weren't ever supposed to be seen by human eyes, yes, but they weren't ever meant to be seen by any one at all! Instead it was the eye of the gods..

This external material snippet below explains..

I am proposing that the ancient Nazca Indians who constructed these mysterious lines and spectacular geoglyphs in the desert of southern Peru most probably never actually viewed them. Indeed, I have good reason to doubt that the Nazca geoglyphs were ever intended to be observed by human eyes, or the alien eyes of “ancient astronauts” for that matter. On the contrary the Nazca lines were most likely intended to be viewed solely by the eyes of the sky dwelling gods that the Nazca Indians quite evidently believed in.

The Nazca Lines, and more particularly the wonderful animal geoglyphs, are certainly ancient religious art. The geoglyphs served not only as an impressive offering of art honouring these sky dwelling gods but very possibly were even intended to be ‘signals’ to these sky gods in an effort to communicate with them.

While Erik von Daniken was, in my view, not out of line in suggesting that the various geoglyphs served as signals to the gods of the ancient Nazcas it is quite unnecessary for these sky gods to be prehistoric visitors from outer space. Indeed there is no solid evidence to support his thesis that the Nazca Lines were landing strips for their space vehicles and plenty of evidence that serves to thoroughly invalidate this proposal.

It is a well established fact that many ancient cultures, no doubt including the ancient Nazca culture of Peru, believed that the sun and moon were sky dwelling gods. The Inca civilization of Peru that superseded the Nazca culture most certainly held this belief. A variation of this almost universal ancient religious belief was that the sun and/or moon were the sky traversing eyes of an otherwise quite invisible Supreme Being. This belief persisted in Western civilization until comparatively recent times; for instance, the sun is frequently referred to as the “eye of heaven” etc. in the works of William Shakespeare and other 16th and 17th century writers and poets.

A radiant “All Seeing Eye of God” that was clearly solar in nature (albeit frequently depicted within a triangle) was a popular symbol of God’s omniscience in the 18th century. This symbol hovers over the altars of Baroque churches and appears on coins of the period. A version of this symbol, which was adopted by Freemasons, is incorporated into the Great Seal of the United States of America. It is still printed on the reverse side of every single U.S. one dollar bill. Even today there are various cultural and religious traditions that preserve the ancient belief that the sun actually is, or, perhaps more realistically, symbolically represents, the “All Seeing Eye” of God.

There is a very good reason for this belief. It is a readily verifiable fact that the total solar eclipse bears an uncanny similarity to an “eye in the sky.” The so-called “hole in the sky” formed by the black disc of the moon mimics the pupil of the eye while the myriad rays and filament like streamers of the sun’s corona distinctly resemble the iris of an eye. This has been metaphorically referred to as the “Eye of God” by modern astronomers.

I have very good reason to believe that the lines and geoglyphs drawn by the ancient Peruvians on the Nazca plateau were created primarily for the viewing pleasure of our resplendent sun and serene moon. I have even better reason to believe that the creation of the Nazca Lines was directly inspired by the genuinely remarkable series of solar eclipses that occurred over southern Peru during the time period over which the Nazca Lines were created.
(Source)

The Nazca Indians are thought to have existed here between 200 AD and 600 AD, making them the most likely constructors in the eyes of orthodox archaeology. There is little doubt that the Nazca Indians were at least contemporaneous to the lines. Much of their pottery used similar styles and motifs, and carbon dating associated with the lines appears to confirm this:

- The desert heat causes mushrooms and lichens to grow under the stones. The organic matter on nine of these stones, presumably up-turned to make the lines, have been carbon-dated to between 190 BC and 600 AD.

- A wooden stake at the end of a line was dated to roughly 525 AD.
(Source)

Now, these are just a few quick examples of certain structures from our past, some many today believe to have been made possible only by something other than mans own hand, and some that as far as I'm aware have been proposed by Ancient astronaut believers (A theory I myself do believe in, but not in regards to the structures built) yet the evidence for such a thing seems to show completely otherwise. Adopting simple techniques most certainly benefit the structure of such monuments and artworks, not necessarily advanced technology.

In fact, using simple techniques and simple tools, a great deal can be done, we know that through modern day figures recreating the past such as shown by Wally Wallington building the Stonehenge site, all of it being built by him and him alone (as far as I'm aware).

I know after looking into these structures a little bit more I myself have realized that if man was now just clearly responsible for such a thing, it as at the very least plausible and possible and not needed solely by the interruption of a race much more advanced. Whether these structures were made for extraterrestrials, well, that's a different matter altogether but whether we'll ever find out without disclosure happening, I doubt it.

- An Alien Art form -

Here are some interesting images of some of our earliest and most famous findings (if some have been debunked already, please do show. The last thing I want to do is post false material
)........

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9d5cbf74518.jpg[/atsimg]

This cave painting on the right is c.10,000 BC and is from Val Camonica, Italy. It appears to depict two beings in protective suits holding strange implements.
(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7894127ffe38.jpg[/atsimg]

These are two cave paintings from Tanzania. Both are estimated to be up to 29,000 years old. The one on the left is located in Itolo and depicts several disc shaped objects.
(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce77d06189ba.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84c999054208.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d6d074c2b03.jpg[/atsimg]

These are images from Kimberley, Australia (approximately 5,000 years ago). They are Australian Aborigine cave paintings. Aboriginal myths incorporate the idea of "sky-beings", with the Wandjina being among the most interesting to consider. The Wandjina have been preserved in a fascinating oral tradition and in a large collection of rock paintings scattered throughout the Kimberley region of northern Australia. The paintings have received all manner of interpretations from stylized representations of a pervasive myth system to naive "ancient astronaut" theories. It is however fascinating to see that the indigenous tribes viewed the Wandjina as "the spirit in the cloud." Indeed, the unique painting style shows a logical sequence from human figures to stylised representations of clouds. This duality of anthropomorphic form and "clouds" is widespread in primitive cultures and finds an interesting parallel in the biblical accounts in "Exodus."
(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9aec8bd513a4.jpg[/atsimg]

These photos on the left depict figures found in Equador. Notice they appear to be wearing space suits. You can see a comparison photo with an Apollo astronaut.
(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6cdc8dc5bfd7.jpg[/atsimg]

More controversial are Father Carlo Crespi figurines. While living in Cuenca in Ecuador he accepted many present from locals. Some of the best ones in the ancient alien context are the ones below. It seems that people were familiar with the concept of human flight and something very close to gas masks or space suits. Here is a good introduction to the Carlo Crespi.
(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f258cf20856.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17abf804ec5e.jpg[/atsimg]

Above, two images c.6000 BC from Tassili, Sahara Desert, North Africa. Also notice the disk in the sky in left hand picture.
(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08db53738161.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e80e0032978d.jpg[/atsimg]

This two images are from France, the cave of "Pech Merle" near "Le Cabrerets" c.17,000 - 15,000 BC. The scene depicts a landscape full of wildlife together with a number of saucer shaped objects. The objects seem totally out of context.
(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d5b8f77f821.jpg[/atsimg]

The image on the left comes from the 10th Century Tibetan translation of the Sanskrit text "Prajnaparamita Sutra", held at a Japanese museum. In the enlargement you can see two objects that look like hats, but why are they floating in mid air? also one of them appears to have port holes on it. Indian Vedic texts are full of descriptions of Vimanas. The Ramayana describes Vimanas as a double decked, circular or cylindrical aircraft with portholes and a dome. It flew with "the speed of the wind" and gave forth a "melodious sound".
(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71e85728e1f1.jpg[/atsimg]

The Madonna with Saint Giovannino - above Mary's left shoulder is a shining, or glowing, disk shaped object.
A man and his dog can clearly be seen looking up, perhaps in wonder, at the floating object in the composite below.
Painted in the 15th century, Palazzo Vecchio lists the artist as unknown; although it is attributed to the Lippi school.

Here's a clearer image..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c39edce4dc5d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5afcc3695854.jpg[/atsimg]

Here it is zoomed in..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ccb15d5d6b79.jpg[/atsimg]

Zoomed in as close as possible, here is the object.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67882cadb7f3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6926d88cdfcd.jpg[/atsimg]

Upon closer inspection, the man seems to be looking away from the UFO, behind him and over his shoulder. Or, more likely, the notably out of place object may be imagined floating above the ground between them.
From either perspective, could Mary be seen as blocking the two babies from the flying saucer's view?
Perhaps the dog glimpses the hovering object ~ with it's mouth open, it could even be barking at it.
But what is that dark, sparkling, disassembled figure beside them ~ a dwarf, or an ethereal being?
A body, legs, head, and tail can be made out. Could this represent a type of alien, or demon?
Also, Mary's halo seems a bit shadowy ~ more like a vaporous disc than a ring of light.
(Source)

There's also something else quite interesting in this painting, directly to the left of her head as shown here...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/670d8c2f1c23.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice the same "star" shaped objects are also present in the Madonna of the Book (1480) by Sandro Botticelli...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a6a4cded294.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d63f24749b0.jpg[/atsimg]

(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef59f7141f61.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a painting on a wood drawer from furniture kept at the Earls D’Oltremond, Belgium. Moses is receiving the tablets and several objects in the sky are seen near by. Date and artist unknown. This supports the claims of many that many biblical events, can be further explained when ufos and aliens are taken into consideration, higher forms of technology could explain some of the events such as writing on stone with fire, parting the red sea, etc... higher forms of technology might explain how some of these feats were performed.
(Source)

Was the vision of god at the time somewhat an extraterrestrial figure perhaps?? Maybe even extraterrestrial in origin..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a92908fdd43.jpg[/atsimg]

What are the strange, ethereal, almost surreal, objects floating above Mary's doorway?
Who is it peeking out from the doorway at the top of the alley stairs on the far left center?
Who is lying on the bed behind Mary ~ and why aren't the people in the street looking up?
What is the disturbance in the clouds, behind the UFO, exactly opposite the energy beam?
(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32cd1c720bf2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ed73125f931.jpg[/atsimg]

The above painting is by Carlo Crivelli (1430-1495) and is called "The Annunciation" (1486) and hangs in the National Gallery, London. A disk shaped object is shining a pencil beam of light down onto the crown of Mary's head. A
(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54186dcdc16b.jpg[/atsimg]

From the top right of the above image..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2ac4bf0daad.jpg[/atsimg]

From the top left of the above image..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8692f60272e9.jpg[/atsimg]

This painting is by Carlo Crivelli (1430-1495) and is called "The Annunciation with Saint Emidius" (1486) and hangs in the National Gallery, London.
(Source)

This is one of the oldest documented UFO-in-art cases because the first articles about it were published in the sixties, in the French magazine “Spoutnik.” This fresco was “discovered” by Alexandar Paunovitch, a student at the Academy of Arts of Yugoslavie in 1964. After this early publicity, the pictures were featured in many books about UFOs. On many web pages we read that the two objects in the sky are, without any doubt, “spaceships with crew.”
(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d588fc248b5.jpg[/atsimg]

A fresco entitled "The Crucifixion" and was painted in 1350. The fresco is located above the altar at the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia.
(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f939bf9fa89.jpg[/atsimg]

Should you re-think your religion? Here is a light shining down during the baptism of Christ in this art. Why Is God depicted as a round disk with four beams of light in the sky?
(Source)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e991bddeede6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10d0d9e8acc3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46de6fb5e5f1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d81318711175.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81bf4e34912e.jpg[/atsimg]

This is clearly not a human skull, we have been fed a variety of unlogical explanations as to why this skull has this formation. Several like it were found in Peru with small variations. Many artifacts that were clearly of Egyptian origin were also found in Peru dating back to the time of the Ancient Egyptians. However these two cultures and countries were not supposed to have had contact back then being so far from each other.
(Source)

Now, of course these are just a few examples, a few compared to how many there actually seems to be, but, and I have to go back to one of my earliest points concerning interpretation now, but they seem to be most certainly pointing to "something" extraterrestrial in origin.

Either that or perhaps in much less modern times religion for example most certainly seems to have been seen at the very least in somewhat of an extraterrestrial light. whether this is just modern day interpretation making me see and believe what I want to believe I'm unsure but looking at some of the above images it appears as clear as day.

I’d love to hear what ATS members think of this....

- Alien Scriptures -

I'm admittedly going to keep this section relatively short as yes, it's a fascinating section to ponder over, but it's also one I have limited knowledge on (another motivation if anymore are needed for making this thread no doubt) so, I simply want to show some links to certain verses and "comments" of a historical nature which if said for the first time in today's modern world, would possibly be considered to be influenced from a otherworldly connection rather than solely spiritual/godly one.

Also, if anyone can enlighten me or maybe even provide some other quotes which seemingly point to an extraterrestrial origin, then I'd love to see them.

That being so however, I did come across a couple of fascinating ATS threads on this subject which show what I want to discuss that I find quite interesting as well and I feel they more than deserve a mention and should be seen by many others also..

Extraterrestrials in Judaism and Islam

Koran Mentions Worm Holes Through Which Aliens Will Invade Earth!

These 2 threads in particular, although that's not forgetting the many like it, are the reasoning for my fascination and many others no doubt, but again, if true or not, it's not really clear and if others can enlighten then please do.

In terms of ancient quotes, well here's one such quote that I find interesting found in yet another separate thread here. please see this post for more similar quotes)

The Kuluwe:

The first humans came from the Sky, arriving with seed, rake, axe, tools etc.

The Bena-Lulua:

God sent four of his sons to earth.

The Ashanti:

Seven people created by God climbed down to earth. After conceiving other people, they returned to the Heavens.

The Ziba:

God Rugaba travels upwards to the heavens and then through the darkness.
(from post linked above)

I find it hard to believe these are simply myths and legends based around religion tbh. And speaking of religion, I have to ask, where did the idea of religion come from in the first place? Is it possible that the origin of all religion came about from an extraterrestrial source? I personally, feel scriptures and quotes point to such a thing but as was mentioned, I simply don’t know, hearing your opinions on the subject however, would be much appreciated..

Now, before finally ending this thread, I'd like to post a fascinating series of documentaries if I may, one which is beginning a new series in recent times but still, I feel the first of them were incredibly important not to forget enlightening and even though they have been posted on AST many times in the past already, they fit into this thread well it seems.

So, if possible, please do take the time to watch, if even it’s only the first part of the first episode..

I thank you for reading.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/722da97ef65b.jpg[/atsimg]

- Ancient Aliens Series - Episode 1 - The Evidence -

Please continue watching here...

(Part 2) - (Part 3) - (Part 4) - (Part 5) - (Part 6) - (Part 7) - (Part 8) - (Part 9)

- Ancient Aliens Series - Episode 2 - The Visitors -

(Part 2) - (Part 3) - (Part 4) - (Part 5) - (Part 6) - (Part 7) - (Part 8) - (Part 9)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6aa27025e554.jpg[/atsimg]

- Ancient Aliens Series - Episode 3 - The Mission -

- Ancient Aliens Series - Episode 4 - Closer Encounters -

- Ancient Aliens Series - Episode 5 - The Return -

(Part 2) - (Part 3) - (Part 4) - (Part 5) - (Part 6) - (Part 7) - (Part 8) - (Part 9) - (Part 10)

Thank you once more for reading. Now, I'd love to hear anyone’s thoughts on the possibility of an extraterrestrial presence in earth’s history....

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You put here some of the best AAT material here for that I give you S-F when I return home I will check everything with calm. In the meantime I hope the vultures arent there guarding whats left of this most exellent thread.
edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Great post! I'm a firm believer that there is much more to our past than we will ever know, unfortunately. Most debunkers on things like the art will fall back to "religous symbolism", and some instance may be, but even just taking the sample from Crivelli...I dont know how you can look at those guys in each corner and not say...hmmm, there is something more to that.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Karmayogi11

Thank you.

reply to post by BigFrigginAl

Great post! I'm a firm believer that there is much more to our past than we will ever know, unfortunately. Most debunkers on things like the art will fall back to "religous symbolism", and some instance may be, but even just taking the sample from Crivelli...I dont know how you can look at those guys in each corner and not say...hmmm, there is something more to that.

Thanks.

In regards to religion though, I'm really starting to believe as of late that maybe religion finds its true origins in something much more extraterrestrial rather than imagination to be completely honest. Just looking at art work through the ages for example, you wouldn't need to look for long before finding clues of this as in a great deal of religious art in particular, crafts in the or being coming from the sky are constantly depicted.

Not that this necessarily means it's aliens of course, but I don't think it's be a stretch of the imagination to suggest such a thing.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'd just like to say that that looks like a great (and very long) post which I shall read now that it's in my ATS 'My ATS' page.

I'll star in advance purely for the large amount of work put in and flag too.

I'll get back to you on it though if that's OK as it's late here.

-m0r

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I'll get back to you on it though if that's OK as it's late here.

Take as long as is needed.

As long as it's read sometime, I'm happy

edit on 7-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Haven't had a comment for a while and I thought this deserved a bump.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Another truly A-W-E-S-O-M-E thread !!!

It will take me quite a while to read all of it and watch the vids, but the subject matter is very, very interesting and the urge to visit Peru now is greater than ever !!

S&F for yet another amazing read...thank you RA, the research and time spent on this is greatly appreciated.

p.s Please take me to Peru

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Looks to be another good post from you RA. I now have some reading material for tonight!

Thanks for the time and effort in advance.

S&F to ya!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today

p.s Please take me to Peru

Umm..I'll see what I can do.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt
I now have some reading material for tonight!

That's my job.

Anyway, I'd love to hear any opinions you have on the subject of Ancient extraterrestrials.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
you are a credit to ats
a very well thought out thread with lots of new info
i like the wide range covered and have spen 2 hours already and will be back to watch some of the ancient aliens vids
star and flag for an epic thread

XPLodER

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Wow, you, sir, have posted one hell of an amazing and detailed thread.

It will take me quite some time to go through all this, but I just wanted to first say, that you, are a credit and great example to ATS.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a thread, representative of what ATS is all about!

edit on 7-11-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: Because I can't seem to type to save my life, today.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Wow great job, I can't wait for the rest! Definetly looks like a good read though, Thanks alot.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
you are a credit to ats
a very well thought out thread with lots of new info
i like the wide range covered and have spen 2 hours already and will be back to watch some of the ancient aliens vids
star and flag for an epic thread

XPLodER

Yeah! ...What he said!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

According to ancient alien theorists, extraterrestrials with superior knowledge of science and engineering landed on Earth thousands of years ago, sharing their expertise with early civilizations and forever changing the course of human history.

So where did the "early civilizations" come from?

Sometimes I envision God is a nice old man in a sweater and he had this terrarium where he planted some flowers and trees, and then put in these living organisms and everything was great, taking care of itself with little tending

and then this other race or being, some interlopers came, and for whatever reason, meddled into things and made "His" beasts smarter.

It would be like if your dog started talking to you....having a mind of his own, taking the remote!

God is somewhere wringing His hands...
"Go back to being apes...Simple apes! This is what you are supposed to be. This was all I had planned. See How happy you were when you were my garden pets and your every need was accounted for...then you had to eat from the tree of knowledge! Happy now, Smarty pants?"

And I know this is what atheist think of theists. Dumb apes. God! ha ha ha! No mind of their own.

God of the Bible adores a simpleton.

I hope God is not like that.
Not sure whose side I'd be on in that case.
Maybe the interlopers!

Just trying to figure out the players... Without a scorecard.

edit on 7-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/398e0e20642c.jpg[/atsimg]

Now, yes, the image on the left in modern day does seem to resemble something of an astronaut as shown by them next to one another, but, that doesn't mean that's what it was originally intended to be or mean. Interpretation is needed to fill in the pieces (as all we have is the figure to go on) so to speak and answer the question of why the age old figure on the left has what appears to be a helmet and some sort of space suit on.

I think we really should require good explanation of what these things are supposed to be, if not men in spacesuits? Or even divers which would be no less fantastic.
And shouldn't there be some evidence to support what ever alternative interpretations arise?

The argument against this as evidence of a spaceman in a suit cannot be "No its not."

And here..

the alleged “alien structures” on earth that some believe to have been made, quite possibly, by extraterrestrials for whatever reason.

Tonnage.

Loving your post!
I made coffee...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Great thread, the ancient alien theory is extremely persuasive. Its not just there are one or two cultures with apparent sightings and connections but cultures from all across the globe. Some, like the Australian aborigines were isolated from other potential influencing cultures for 40000 years so the argument that they have copied other ideas or myths is laughable.

Religious symbolism is the sceptics catch-cry for the paintings depicting ufo's in the background and point to an art historian/expert in art to back them up. Art historians, like archaeologists (I have some knowledge in this second area) often rely on what their predecessors decided and to get an opinion changed is almost impossible. Take the dating of the Giza pyramids as an example - if we went there today, without any prior dating we would date them much earlier. Art historians claim that the images of ufo's ar religious symbolism because they would be committing career suicide if they said 'actually they are ufo's'.

On a side note, there is a stone head statue in the Pacific exhibit in Auckland museum that looks to me like the head of a grey! If i go back there I will remember to take a photo. I was shocked when i saw it a few years back.

The sudden leaps in technology throughout human history also points to an outside 'nudge'.

Good effort tracking all this down and posting it here.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

9000 BC - Gobekli Tepe - Oldest Monumental Architecture of Planet
Evidence of what I think was human sacrifice (or burial) there as well.
en.wikipedia.org...

Göbekli Tepe (Turkish for "Hill with a potbelly") is a hilltop sanctuary erected on the highest point of an elongated mountain ridge some 15 km northeast of the town of Şanlıurfa (formerly Urfa / Edessa) in southeastern Turkey. The site, currently undergoing excavation by German and Turkish archaeologists, was erected by hunter-gatherers in the 10th millennium BC (ca. 11,500 years ago), before the advent of sedentism. Together with Nevalı Çori, it has revolutionized understanding of the Eurasian Neolithic.

This is significant for the time frame and perhaps related (not the site but the quote) mirrorh.com...

8,000 B.C. - Agriculture & Farming - "The exact origins of agriculture remains unknown, but once chosen, farming developed a momentum of its own: there was no easy turning back, and the very success of the new lifestyle induced other fundamental changes. The ensuing increase in food resources made possible a spectacular growth of human population between 8000 and 4000 B.C. It also required cooperative effort, particularly after the introduction of irrigation led to the establishment of settled organized societies, at first in villages and later in towns and cities, and the development of new technologies, social systems and ideologies." [Based on: Compact History Of The World, edited by Geoffrey Parker, copyright 2003, pp. 16-17] - [First published by Times Books (as The Times Compact Atlas of World History) 1995 - updated and reprinted 2002]

I thought I read that somewhere Moai Statues on Easter Island are Lemurians. Interesting that the speaker in video says Easter Islanders because of a language gap somehow created and lost the way they made the statues. Odd.

Stonehenge was more than plausible under nothing but human hands.

Yes, perhaps but this is often thought of as a better case for ET, "above human" or superhuman intelligence: Puma Punku in Tiahuanaco hubpages.com...

They are arguably the oldest, and most baffling ruins on the face of the Earth. It is hard to imagine how they did not come to be known as one of the wonders of the world like the Great Pyramid. Spectacular in its own right, the Great Pyramid is, yet it pales in comparison to the ruins of Puma Punku in Tiahuanaco, in South America.

Not saying humans didn't do it...
Just saying those super smart humans are not here anymore.
Not the norm at least. It would appear they left.
We didn't get stupider.

Maybe this is just me refusing to accept d-evolution.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What an excellent thread! There is so much new and fascinating information I have never before knew. I am very curious about the small figurine on the right, in the image below the picture with an assortment of astronaut type figures, which definately reminds me of an early divesuit. I was momentarily stunned when I first glanced at it. I firmly believe there was some type of extraterrestrial intervention of sorts in our past. I'm not to sure what to think about the present, although I do believe them to be watching us; monitoring our growth like a plant in the garden. I always wondered what it would be like looking from the outside in if you get what I mean. Excellent thread, thank you for sharing a whole knew wealth of information with me; threads like these are why I love this site.

Booyah my friend
edit on 7-11-2010 by milkmustache because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join