It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long-term jobless 'could face compulsory manual labour'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
People who advocate forced or compulsory labour should be imprisoned.

if I'm not mistaken
Native American Tribes of the early Americas
use to kick out tribe members for not contributing
to the sustainability of the whole tribe.

Your chance of survival on your own was
next to nil.

Would that not be forced labor
or get kicked out the tribe?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I don't see a problem with the long term unemployed having to work for a month, it will help to get them back into the routine of work and learn new skills.

Let's face it there are some who make unemployment a career choice, and have never worked.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I think it's good idea , but I think they should get a proper wage for this work as it might let them see the benefit of full time employment.
On the other hand I can't help but wonder what might happen to the council workers who get paid for litter picking and gardening will they become unemployed ?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is NOT forced labour, period. Welfare recipients are free to refuse the welfare along with the labour. It is voluntary labour. From the article:

Anyone refusing to take part or failing to turn up on time to work could have their £65 Jobseekers' Allowance stopped for at least three months.

edit on 8/11/10 by Maslo because: quote

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

i thought slave labour was abolished

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
first of all people need to realise that because of the government and all the job losses, there are a lot more people on JSA and people who have recently signed on,

so say your last job was a grass cutter for the council, you lost your job and now have to do it for free! where is the sense in that.

there is nothing wrong in working for benefit but they shouldn't take the mick out of the recently redunded.
for people to accept this idea they should also benefit from it also.

if you accept 65 a week on jsa and say 40 for housing your still missing a full 100pound wage, this is not fair as these people need extra money to pay for bus tickets to do this free work.

This is just a way of the government trying to get JSA claims down.

maybe they should just test it on the drug addicts and crack heads and alcoholics first!!! them people get away with jack squiddly squat, they get everything free.

they should be the ones picking needles out of bushes not the unemployed

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Concept X

IF THE WORK IS BEING DONE THEN THE WORK SHOULD BE PAID FOR,CHARITY OR OTHERWISE

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by monobrow
I think it's good idea , but I think they should get a proper wage for this work as it might let them see the benefit of full time employment.
On the other hand I can't help but wonder what might happen to the council workers who get paid for litter picking and gardening will they become unemployed ?
MOTHER SHOULD I TRUST THE GOVERMENT..ROGER WATERS

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
it will cost people roughly £18 a week for a bus ticket,
what about eating out while at work another £4 a day,
thats an extra £38 a week that dole'rs will end up forking out for

funny that pump money into the economy by enslaving people.

it will not work

edit on 8-11-2010 by prettygreeneyes26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Considering the uk gov made sure i could not goto 1 job in my life without having someone follow me there, i would say up yours.

My family know that people followed me to every job, and tried desperately to destroy all the jobs i had on purpose. SO uk gov who organises gang stalking, and who was telling peopel where i worked for them to follow me.

Uk gov and police are full of criminals, and they come out with this. Just copying ireland, who have had this for years.

By the way if any here was stalked in uk, the police do know all about it, my life has proven this.

I wonder how much the gang stalkers get paid, with your rip of culture of east german stasi style stalking and haressment. Do not forget the uk is free and you can live how you want. They tell you what job you do, and these same people would not let me goto one job in peace.

So how much do you pay people that stalk people, uk gov?
edit on 11/8/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

hi could you explain the government stalking you and losing your jobs?? *confused

also if the government can afford 100 a prisoner everyday they can afford to pay people if they get rid of immigrant prisoners
edit on 8-11-2010 by prettygreeneyes26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by prettygreeneyes26

I want the uk police and gov explain how people that wanted to ruin my life knew every job i would work in.

I even went to work 50 miles away from london in milton keynes, and i was follwed there. So how come the these people knew. I tell you why police and gov organised this stalking campaign.

Then there will be people on these boards and others, saying stalking that is organised by the gov does not exist, bull. My life has proven it.

Did the person who knew about every single job i have ever been too, get that info from me, no. The irony is that the bbc put this article up. I worked there and guess what i was followed there too, and somehow this person got through secuirty and stood next to me one day while i was there. That means that person was let into this building where you have to have a pass to get in. If you work at teh bbc you need a pass to get in to the building, fact.

So the authorities make sure they destroy all your jobs, and then they go why do you not goto work, lol.

Anyone who has been stalked, and thinks the polcie or gov where behind it, have the knowledge here that my life has proven it. The police know all about it fact.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by prettygreeneyes26
reply to post by Maslo

i thought slave labour was abolished

Slavery is a system in which people are the property of others.[1][2][3] Slaves can be held against their will from the time of their capture, purchase or birth, and deprived of the right to leave, to refuse to work, or to demand compensation.

It was. This is not slave labor, they are not property, deprived of their right to leave and refuse to work. If they dont want welfare, they can voluntarily leave, noone if forcing them to work. Motivation is not forcing, decision is still on them.
edit on 8/11/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I think it is good, ireland has been doing it for years, where you used to work 1 week on and 1 week off, if your long term of work.

I personally think it is good, and will get you out and give you something to do.

But of course they will have to pay for lunch monies or travel as people need to eat if they work, and will not be able to afford on that dole, and travel expenses.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

how did they make you lose your job?

destroy all the jobs so we work for free so they can sit on the pennies and gain even more power

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumour in 2007, at the time I was given 18 months to live, there was no way I could commit to any employer over the last 3 years, the effects of the tumour and medications leave me feeling very tired and needing a nap most days. I am trying to do some voluntary work working a few hours a week in a homeless drop in centre and volunteered as a youth mentor. The fact that i am capable of these tasks, means my benefits will be withdrawn as it deems I'm fit to work.

I have a good education a degree and have never been work shy, yet now it seems i will be forced into some cheap labor for the government, being forced to clean the streets and clean parks just to keep my meager benefit.

The news I hear about benefits has really made me feel ill over the last few weeks, I find myself constantly worrying about what I am going to do. I have already had to move back to live my retired parents at the age of 32, I feel like have I been punished enough. Cancer wasn't a lifestyle choice, yet now it seems I face a future of poverty. for getting an illness.
Not exactly how I thought life would turn out.
edit on 8-11-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by prettygreeneyes26

They make up rubbish and organise people to haress you. My family knows the people too, and they know its true i was followed to every single job i had.

They just want to absolutely destroy your life.

Imagine what chance is there for me to go 50 miles away to work, and that person turns up, none what so ever.

I want to know in my life, who was telling these people where i was working, and why are they perving into my life.

If this crew from uk gov come round to see me, i will ask them to give me the evidence of how these people knew where i was working,a nd why the uk gov and police are and where doing this. My family knows i was followed to all my jobs, as the job 50 miles away i worked with my dad, and my family know the campaign was was done against me.

The police for no reason what so ever can make up what they want, and they fully knew these people where doing this fact.

So i am saying if they come round to see me, tell me how that person got through bbc secuirty to see me and why they followed me to every job to destroy my life with there lies.

I want the police to explain why they where organising that stalking, and who on this planet has any right to follow peopel around to destroy there life. Amazing that i live in uk, and its not called stasi east germany.
edit on 11/8/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I honestly feel for you, congrats on being here today with us,

I do feel that it will take a toll on me also because of health reasons, I have trust issues and find it hard to leave the house, even for food, but I am getting better every week, but I do not want to be forced into working with large scales of people of which I do not trust or know, recovery takes time and steps

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
On a less personal point, people from the public sector are losing their jobs, you know the street cleaners and those who keep our parks clean and tidy. They will be replaced by cheap labor or when the street cleaners and park wardens lose their paid jobs, they will be forced to do the jobs they used to get paid for.

Anyway, as long as the bankers still get their bonus's thats the most important thing.
edit on 8-11-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I may get bashed, but i'm in support of some form of work after a set time.
I work my butt off 40 hrs a week, so dose my other half, and we struggle to keep our heads above water,
while at work, some of the ex's friends came through , 2 shopping carts full of food, lazily wandering around no worries or cares no where to be the next day. My cupboards are close to bare, its a few days till payday, and as usual we have to juggle cash to make things work for another 2 weeks.
, they live in a rent subsidized 3 bedroom apartment, the only real bills they have is power etc.
Where is the fair in all of it?
I hate the first of the month, people filling up the store at 11am wating for their money to show up on the food stamp cards, cartloads of food, and to get it, all they have to do is be lazy. (not referring to the ones out of work, that hit hard times, but the ones you see every month for the past year or longer.)

I say give them a hand up, but after that, put them to work, we have to why should it be any different.

edit on 8-11-2010 by severdsoul because: typo's

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join