It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so ive been thinking about obama and his trip.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeshsamp
reply to post by Curiousisall

well you can think that my post was stupid and your entitled to your oppinion as am i.

I never once said your post was stupid. This is what I am talking about. You read something that was not even written and responded to it as if it were reality. I never called your post stupid.

i did do a little digging and found that my statement of $200 mil a day is false but i didnt make it up. two days ago on cnn thats what was reported, then yesterday they updated that cost assumption as wrong when they white house spokesman made a press statement. it was the indian government that made the initial cost estimate.

No, this never came from the Indian government and CNN did not need to update yesterday. This story has been debunked for days now. Pretty much as soon as it popped up, anyone with google and common sense could have found the truth. This did not come from any government.

The white house refuses to give a exact cost 'in fear that it will breach security", but says that it's not near $200 mil. So if we are to believe what the white house says then i am and was wrong for that comment, but my point remains that the cost of the trip is still high and alot of the crap our government pulls is wrong and scetchy.

I love it. You are the third person to admit you have no idea what the trip is costing and in the same breath complain it is still too damn much. Please do not take my last response to you personally. Especially since I never called you or your post stupid. My point was that you came on here, like so many others, and commented on a story as if it were true even though it had been debunked days ago. If you cared enough to opine on the story, you should have cared enough to look into it when you first heard about it, don't you think?

p.s. All president take these kinds of trips. It is part of the job. Why does this one bother you so much? What is different about Obama doing this that makes it an issue?
edit on 11/7/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
so obama is in india think hes touched down...anyways we have seen lots of posts about his ridiculously huge entourage, 3000 staff members of congress, cia, mi6, u,s army/navy. fighter jets 34 warships, etc

now clearly all this is in case it kicks off or there is an assissination attempt on obama.

now with that in mind and the extra-ordinary lengths they have went to , to keep the prez safe, WHY ON EARTH IF IT WAS SO DANGEROUS AND ALL THIS SAFETY WAS REQUIRED, WHY WOULD HE TAKE HIS CHILDREN??

thats whats sticking in my throat, and i just cant swallow it, if its so dangerous why would a man put his own children in danger?

His children are always in danger now that he is the president. Because of that, there is security that follows them around. There might be an assassination attempt on him, or them, anywhere, at anytime. There's probably already been attempts on his life that we might not know about. His kids might as well be where the most security is. With their parents.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

yea lookit

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

i really want to take you seriousely but its kinda hard with your profile pic resembling a plastic f@#% doll. I really wish you would go to cnn and see for yourself the truths of what i just stated. yourself.
cnn.com.../video/politics/2010/11/06/malveaux.what.trip.costs.cnn
edit on 7-11-2010 by joeshsamp because: wrong link

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeshsamp

i really want to take you seriousely but its kinda hard with your profile pic resembling a plastic f@#% doll. I really wish you would go to cnn and see for yourself the truths of what i just stated. yourself.
cnn.com.../video/politics/2010/11/06/malveaux.what.trip.costs.cnn
edit on 7-11-2010 by joeshsamp because: wrong link

Attacking my avatar, really? Apparently you are quite young and I can forgive you for not being familiar with Gilligan's Island but to attack me credibility over it is really pretty sad.

Listen up, junior. Just what claim are you expecting me to find at your link again? That CNN is telling the story, that they updated it, or that this originally came from the Indian government? I know CNN reported the story. I know about the update. I also know this did not come from any Indian government. What are you trying to prove?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join