It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank systems down!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I just used paypal on e-bay 5 times! I have not tried my debit card anywhere else, though. I think we have enough food and supplies to last quite a while if things get funky in a hurry

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Wachovia is saying that they are down for maintenance for brokerage and Bill Pay services 1100p.m-100a.m. Nov 6-7, but that services are available for Quicken, Quickbooks, Microsoft money, maybe it is some sort of maintenance going on for update or upgrade.

Note: Wachovia and Wells Fargo are mergered into one bank.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

It started well before that time frame even by east coast standards. Plus it includes BoA. Personally, I think after the story on Friday about how they're getting their pants sued off them for the mortgage fraud brought to light recently, and them basically saying they couldn't take the heavy losses boo hoo, that they are attempting to show that they are necessary and deserve to be bailed out... again.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

I was stating what the online banking site said just a couple of minute ago, I tried logging on to see if there was an issue in North Florida, I understand it has been happening all day. I was curious if it was still going on and possibly spreading

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
reply to post by lel1111

Hi, and thank you for posting.
Since you did not withdraw any cash, do you have plenty of food etc. to temporarily tie you over?
Gas is very expensive. If you dont NEED to travel, save your gas. If you have a charge card, it may be a good idea to purchase a full tank of gas and some food stuff. If your debit card is working still, get cash, too while you are purchasing your food. At least you will have some cash on hand.

We're pretty good with food, water, personal stuff. But I have to run out later tonight and am going to stop at the 24 hour store and pick up a few more things. And I do need gas to get to work. I'd take public transportation but that isn't a viable option for me.

I see a few people saying that banks are closed this Monday? Is it a holiday somewhere? Thanks

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

It wasn't an attack on you mate. I'm just hyper bouncing around trying to find more on this and watching to see if it explodes. For an idea that I thought absurd from the get go, it's becoming more and more plausible that this could be the start of something big. The first reported issue with Walmart and other chains came from central Fla. It seems to be just there for the time being though.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

Veteran's Day here in the US Nov 11

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Computer Issues Plague Several Valley Banks
Updated: Saturday, 06 Nov 2010, 9:24 PM MDT
Published : Saturday, 06 Nov 2010, 9:24 PM MDT

PHOENIX - There were many frustrated bank customers in the valley on Saturday. If you were having problems accessing your banking information or even getting to your money, you weren't the only one.

Several Wells Fargo, Chase and Bank of America customers were saying they had problems.

Both Chase and Wells Fargo said they had computer issues earlier Saturday which shut down their systems.

They said banking operations should be back to normal Saturday night.

www.myfoxphoenix.com...
edit on 6 Nov 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Not a problem, and I didn't think it was an attack on me, I was just giving an explanation on my post, not always good with the right words at the right time.

It does make one wonder what is going on with so many systems being affected by outages sporadicaly, then finding the "maintenance" notice when trying to log on to a bank.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pappa_Bear
reply to post by lel1111

Veteran's Day here in the US Nov 11

Thanks, yes, but Monday is the 8th; I've seen someone say the banks are closed on Monday, unless they're observing it on Monday.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This is the problem with ATS.

Because of one branch of BoA computer issues you put up a thread suggesting that the entire banking system is down?

Computers crash. Get over it.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I pulled a small sum of fed res notes from a credit union yesterday and was surprised to see the "old" $100 bills in the stack. Even made a comment to the teller who replied, "yeah, there's still a few of them floating around." I checked with a teller I know and she said that some of the old $100 bills are being pulled from circulation. The day prior, I also pulled cash out of the same credit union and when the teller prompted me about denominations I replied the usual, "whatever is easiest for you." I got it all in $50 bills.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I think you just might want to read the whole thread before you jump on that bandwagon. It's not just one branch, it's all of BoA and at least one other. Supposedly posted in this thread more have been affected, but they haven't come out and admitted it as two of them have.

See. That's what's wrong with ATS. =P

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sakokrap

I have a family member decently high up in a CU. There doesn't seem to be much concern in her area, but then again they cater to just a few companies so they will always be the last in on the loop and the last affected.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
This is the problem with ATS.

Because of one branch of BoA computer issues you put up a thread suggesting that the entire banking system is down?

Computers crash. Get over it.

Not accurate on any count.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by triplereiki

You're welcome m'friend

I think some people truly don't realize that there is no money. We get 'paid' by checks. A check is not currency. We pay our bills either electronically or by checks. Again, that isn't cash. It's invisible IOUs.

I can still go to my bank and pull out cash, in hundreds is what I ask for. Instead of putting it in a savings account I withdraw cash and lock it up. So far so good, went on Thursday of this week and had no issue.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Golly, What's going on?

BofA is referring all withdrawal clients to Pakistani owned convenience stores ATM's. I'm told they are under SEC investigation for cornering the Slurpee market as well as a hostile takeover bid of Subway's.

Now we know the true purpose of BO's India visit. Insane!!

On a serious note: Regionwide network tech difficulties/systems upgrade. NO need to fear or panic.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by learnandpasson

Tell that to those who visited a Walmart today and couldn't buy anything.

Seriously, I know it could be nothing, but given the state of things, it's good to keep a watchful eye on stuff too. I find it highly suspicious that BoA and other banks were the ones crying foul about being sued over the mortgage fraud on Friday, then all of a sudden on Saturday they have a network wide failure.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by anm71they are reporting problems using debit/credit cards AS WELL AS Welfare cards!!!.........Have there been any problems with anyone here at a Walmart, grocery store or gas station??
I very rarely post, but lurk daily.

I bank with a regional bank. I had no problems logging on to my account, nor using my debit card. However, a relative banks with a subsidiary of Wells Fargo (college type acct) and can't use her card.

Work in Retail Grocery, the Link Card (Welfare/food stamps) hasn't worked at our store all day. Not good, since they started putting money on the card on the 1st, 7th and 15th of the month instead of just the 1st of the month.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sosuemetoo

And what I can't understand is how regular bank systems being all haywire affect the food stamp/welfare cards. I get an awkward feeling I'm about to be told BoA or Wells Fargo is making money off of our social service programs...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join