It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holocaust Era Mass Graves Found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I performed a search and found nothing so if this is double post please remove.

I know there is a certain group who insist the Jewish Holocaust by the Germans didn't happen

I however am on the fence still, I have heard very compelling evidence coming from both sides so i'm not sure.

Archaeologists have discovered a mass grave of Jews killed by Romanian troops during World War Two, the Elie Wiesel Institute said Friday.

Post Chronicle

So like i said, I'm not convinced either way.

Vulturi is the second place in Romania where a mass grave has been discovered since the war. In 1945, 311 bodies from three mass graves were exhumed in Stanca Roznovanu in Iasi.

I thought that this would be an interesting discussion either way.

Please be civil in your responses

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thank you for the info you provided. Can I ask why you are on the fence and which country you live in?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The documentary about Fred Leuchter called "Mr. Death" gives good insight on the deniers beliefs. He tried to be scientific but there's a scientist in the documentary that admits the type of testing was wrong under the circumstance. I looked into denier's beliefs, not because I didn't believe, but I wanted to understand their reasoning. Ultimately I found nothing concrete. Have you seen this documentary? They are going to find more and more mass graves. The Holocaust happened, no doubt.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Quikslvr

I used to believe it happened like we were taught in school.. but a few weeks ago i watch a video with some very convincing arguments that it didn't happen.

I will certainly try to find that vid, also i live in the U.S.

p.s. Deep down i find it hard to believe that the whole thing was faked, just as a side-note

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

I live in the US as well and it's available to rent from Netflix if you have it. If not, there are plenty of articles online about him from both sides.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whynow
The documentary about Fred Leuchter called "Mr. Death" gives good insight on the deniers beliefs. He tried to be scientific but there's a scientist in the documentary that admits the type of testing was wrong under the circumstance. I looked into denier's beliefs, not because I didn't believe, but I wanted to understand their reasoning. Ultimately I found nothing concrete. Have you seen this documentary? They are going to find more and more mass graves. The Holocaust happened, no doubt.

Thank you very much, i'll find it for sure. thats one of the main reasons i went a head and posted this thread, for information

Thanks for the flags and replies guys

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the link..
it is very sad the way we humans can treat each other so appallingly.
edit on 6/11/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whynow

At best, Leuchter's methods of investigation were bad science. At worst, it was a horrible attempt to give holocaust deniers and historical revisionists ammunition for already weak scientific positions.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by amadeus30
I know there is a certain group who insist the Jewish Holocaust by the Germans didn't happen

I think those people should wake up, and understand humans have this obsession to destroy and kill. I am 100% sure it did happen, but remember not only jews.

Plus how many mass killings has there been. Human beings are evil beyond words, so why do people want to even question this sort of stuff.
edit on 11/6/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

That's my point exactly. But the documentary does go through the whole story of where he started to where he ended up and how deniers still support his research even though it's worthless.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well unless you have relatives who have passed the truth down to you it will always be nothing more than belief or denial. For those who lived through the horror or have been witness to their relatives living as survivors it remains up to you and to your inner most understanding of the cruelty of past and the way it's shadows still continue to control the darkside of man even today.

I was given a book by my Step Grandfather who did survive it, he later became a higher up in the US Navy. I recall the worst part was when I read about the pregnant women and girls, generally from rape by their captors, and how they would line them up outside in the cold strapped to freezing poles and use firehose's to abort the babies, 99.9% of the time exploding the insides of the young women.

No you just sit on the fence, when Zimbabwe, Uganda, Ethiopia, Ghana, Much of Asia and of wartorn Middle east, to name just a few of the present billion+ in starvation mode right now, that 'is' torture, and it is no less inhumane than what happened in the Hitler era to not only the Jews but for the sake of darkness and evil anyone who did not or would not conform or that someone in control did not take a personal dislike to.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I do believe the killings happened. Too what extent is the only question in my mind.

I think my own distrust of the figures come from not being told the whole truth at school, and the disgusting mis-use of the Holocaust by Zionists. It leaves a sour taste in your mouth and almost wants you to deny it happened just to spite them.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
From my point of view, you believe what you want. But make sure you understand one thing, humans are more than capable of doing this and have many cases of mass killings in history.

If you do not want to believe, just make sure you are doing it for more than thinking man cannot do something that bad, as people are more than capable.

For me the holocaust happened, and more of them happened in history.

Does not give any right to israel to treat palestinians like they do though. How they can justify what they do today on something 60 years back commited by someone else?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think one thing that gets missed is Jewish people do not get to play the victims throughout History, without confronting crimes done by their own people, in their name.

We all have demons in our past and present.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Answered in the article.....sorry.

edit on 6-11-2010 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
For me the holocaust did happen,but when we mention the holocaust we immediatly think of the Jews. A lot of people/races were murdered by Germany in the 30's/40's who were not Jewish. The holocaust happened to all,and should be borne in mind when discussing the holocaust

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

The reason I asked where you lived is that it obviously has an effect on your belief in it. I myself am in Canada but I lived in Germany for almost 7 years and have been to Bergen Belsen, Bad Fallingbostel (was a POW camp) and also a less well-known site of russian graves nearby Bad Fallingbostel.

I always believed what I was taught in school about it all but its a very different thing to see the evidence of it firsthand.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Fascinating, but did you even bother reading the article or were you just all a flutter to get it out onto ATS that you forgot all about that. Whether the Holocaust by the Germans did or did not happen, the mass grave in this case, refers to a mass murder committed, as is quite clearly stated in the text you quote, by Romanian troops. Not Germans.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Fascinating, but did you even bother reading the article or were you just all a flutter to get it out onto ATS that you forgot all about that. Whether the Holocaust by the Germans did or did not happen, the mass grave in this case, refers to a mass murder committed, as is quite clearly stated in the text you quote, by Romanian troops. Not Germans.

Yes as a matter of fact I did read the article.

Did YOU read the article??

An international commission headed by Nobel laureate Wiesel said in 2004 that between 280,000 and 380,000 Romanian and Ukrainian Jews were killed in Romania and areas it controlled during World War Two as an ally of Nazi Germany.

The Elie Wiesel Institute said the grave site was in an area through which Romanian and German troops advanced at the start of their invasion of the Soviet Union.

Romania has only recently started to come to terms with its role in the extermination of Jews, admitting for the first time in 2003 that it took part.

You're correct to say it was Romanian troops that killed these Jews, however they were allies and occupied by Nazi Germany.

This event may have not happened in the death camps, BUT it is connected to the holocaust which was happening in Germany which is what i was wanting to discuss.

Now if you have something to contribute, besides trying to find fault in my post, i would be glad to hear what you have to say.
edit on 7-11-2010 by amadeus30 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2010 by amadeus30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
"I am 100% sure it did happen, but remember not only jews."

Many atrocities happened to many different people during WWII. For some reason, these do not get anywhere near the exposure and top billing that the Holocaust does. And of course, there are no laws against denying that these other atrocities took place, but there are laws (in some countries) against denying the Holocaust took place. Are some people's lives more important than others?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join