It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay-z running for 2018?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
24hourhiphop.com...

web bot

en.wikipedia.org...

A new benign form of capitalism will emerge during 2017-2020

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Oh Boy that is the best news I have ever heard all day, That is all we need is this idiot running for president. Uh one nation under Hova he ha he ha. Hey B dats me ha he ha he J Hova J-z Im God get it duh he ha he ha.

And further adds, from the run of other presidents, his association with the Masons (not a slam just that he states he isnt and doesnt understand)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

Uh one nation under Hova he ha he ha. Hey B dats me ha he ha he J Hova J-z Im God get it duh he ha he ha.

I'd vote for a politician who ran with a slogan like that.

The real question is how could you not vote for the ceo of the roc
edit on 5-11-2010 by Whyhi because: emilio estevez

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I may consider Jay-Z as president. He's a self made man with I believe only a high school education. Seems smart enough business wise to know about economics.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The funny thing is he would probably do a better job in Washington for We the People than almost every one of our current elected officials.

He wont run though, hes got Beyonce. Stay at home all day with her dude!

edit on 5-11-2010 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Jay-z is an ignorant, self-absorbed piece of trash who thinks he knows a bit about politics because "his president is black"....

If this guy actually is on the ballot for 2018 - even if he does not win, I am moving to Half Moon Caye, Belize.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I know nothing about Jay-Z outside of his music

and I am certainly not stupid enough to say the guy must be a idiot because he is in the music industry..obviously because you, me, and grandma knows of him, he must be pretty clever in some areas.

but for some reason, I can't get the vision of President Camacho out of my head...looking for entertainment value only as our president is probably not a good move.

Sorry...his full name was
President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontProbeMeBro
Jay-z is an ignorant, self-absorbed piece of trash who thinks he knows a bit about politics because "his president is black"....

If this guy actually is on the ballot for 2018 - even if he does not win, I am moving to Half Moon Caye, Belize.

Do you know Jay-Z personally? or do these accusation stem from the fact that and uneducated black man from New York can make millions while you and I sit at home commenting on threads about him. Sure most half intelligent people would NOT vote for him if such an outrageous thing did happen, but when you make comments like that it just oozes with hate. I can say GW Bush was an ignorant, self-absobed peice of trash, but would all that be true. Maybe, But Bush is actually very intellegent in my book. But would I vote for him? Ofcoarse not.... I'll only vote for the black guy

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I forgot all about that movie till you posted that was funy thank you for making me laugh!!!

Oh I am sorry when I said idiot I didnt mean he isnt smart. I think He is brilliant, how else would he get people to buy his @#$%^ music. I ment idiot in the since of I have lesser things to say of him but that was the nice version.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
ok, I gotta say...I probably could get used to the new american anthem if he got office

(warning...attractive females in video. o'noes)

OK

a bit about Jay-Z (decided to look past the super obscene amounts of fame and seen the man)

a snip:

Shawn Corey Carter (born December 4, 1969),[1] better known by his stage name Jay-Z, is an American rapper and businessman. He is one of the most financially successful hip hop artists and entrepreneurs in America[2] having had a net worth of over $150 million in 2009.[3] He has sold approximately 50 million albums worldwide,[4] while receiving ten Grammy Awards for his musical work, and numerous additional nominations.[5]

Jay-Z co-owns The 40/40 Club, is part-owner of the NBA's New Jersey Nets and is also the creator of the clothing line Rocawear. He is the former CEO of Def Jam Recordings,[6] one of the three founders of Roc-A-Fella Records, and the founder of Roc Nation. As an artist, he holds the record for most number one albums by a solo artist on the Billboard 200.[7] Jay-Z also has had four number ones on the Billboard Hot 100, one as lead artist.

It goes on and on, the man is actually exceptionally accomplished, has talked at the UN and champions global water shortages.

But, because he is a extremely shrewed businessman, knows perfectly how to work a audience and a public image, and does have desires and goals outside of personal fame does not mean he is presidental material. One thing that sticks out is this

Jay-Z stated his support for Kanye West after the latter's outburst against President Bush during a live Katrina charity telethon.[103] He also addressed the issue of the Katrina disaster, and the government's response, in his song "Minority Report".[104]

Bush cares fine about black people...Kanye was wrong here...but the thing is, Bush is from the school of "dont intervene"..his brand of conservatism is that less government help is best..including even in disasters. Kanye could have been dead on if he took the time to blast conservatism, or republicans, or anything else, but to blast a single person was a lost moment.

Jay-Z backing that shows he is prone to irrational emotional support...and that is not the trademark of a stable president (at least not one we should vote in anymore)

Perhaps he has tamed down in his advanced age

I still would think it to be super freaking awesome if big pimpin was the new national anthem..cheesy, yet totally brilliant.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Is it just me or is there no presidential election in 2018?

I have always been under the impression that the presidential election occurred every four years. The last one was in 2008. The next one is in 2012. Now, I'm not great at math, but my calculations put the next two elections at 2016 and 2020.

Forget every other reason why I would not vote for him, I would not vote for a person who does not know when the election he is campaigning for actually occurs.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

That would be a hot a$$ new anthem...lol

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
Is it just me or is there no presidential election in 2018?

I have always been under the impression that the presidential election occurred every four years. The last one was in 2008. The next one is in 2012. Now, I'm not great at math, but my calculations put the next two elections at 2016 and 2020.

thats the same thing i started thinking.

this story seems like nothing more than a fake....

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Jay-Z wants to run for presidential office? Oh my God! I've slipped into an alternate dimension where the movie Idiocracy is coming true! Someone admit me

I replied to this thread before reading your post! You shared my first thought about the OP xD
edit on 11/5/10 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

WHEN U WITH THE NWO U CAN DO THAT.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I think it's a great idea...

The new 2018 presidential limo

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1712954c32d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Jay-Z is ridiculous. Hes trying to imitate Pac. 2pac stated he would be sitting across from the President if you give him 4 years, that was in 1996 when Pac was really getting himself together before he was killed. Tupac was a real honest brother, this dude Gay-Z is shady, ugly, manipulative, and on top of that wants to promote a Masonic agenda. Oh and he treats his employees at his 40/40 club like #, doesnt pay for expenses done to his properties and some real "ballers" (NBA players) say hes an asshole when he sits courtside at their games.

Jay-z is in control of ALOT of individuals in the most popular aspects of the music industry today, for example, Kanye, Rhianna and Beyonce(his slave wife) are the top three heavy hitters that fall under "HOVA".

I dont know why he thinks he can run a country just because he has been chosen to be let into the elite club of a 3rd degree mason. The "power" is really getting to his head. 44

On a side note just to discredit Jiggas persona, he cant even get his girl B pregnant, he aint no real man. He 40 in a karate class.... hahahaha AND MC Hammer just dissed him, CANT TOUCH THIS!
edit on 6-11-2010 by unknown known because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2010 by unknown known because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

WEll he could not be any worse than Ronnie Raygun an in diotic and bbumbling B movie actor. Raygun also deregulated the banks which set the scene for the inevtable banking crisis!
edit on 6-11-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I never said he wasnt as bad as, BUT that is in the past nothing we can do about it unless you get the phone number from that time travler in the charlie chapplain film. Im looking forward to help end the stupid mess all the other bad Presidents have made. "HOVA" aint the one to be able to fix that. He has personal goals which do not include you or me. If you disagree request to visit the man, or go see him at a concert get backstage and you will see for yourself. He thinks people should kiss his feet and worship him. Why else would you call yourself J _HOVA jehova God, screw that he aint God to me, no one with any sense would vote for him. And no one wants to have Konye West anywhere near that office freaking puppet.

I cant stand his wife either, the day she comes out with a song that she doesnt repeat herself 50 times I might apologize until then. And did anyone else see the punked when she knocked over the tree? her real colors came out.

If you disagree that is fine but many have stated evidance backing this up and that is only the start. I suggest instead that you like his music or that he made money that this is the reason to like him but we dont need someone you like in the white house. we need someone that can do the job and no one will completely like him because things that need to be done are not "Popular" just necessary

One More side note If you want some fun put in Mel Gibson. He can yell at china like he did his wife, that would be funny!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I will bet anyone $100 billion that Jay-Z will not be on the Presidential ballot for 2018...

...because there will not be a Presidential election in 2018. The next one is in 2012, then 2016, then 2020...

...every four years. Do the math...very simple math.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join